I truly believe we will be an 11 - 5 team this season.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have 12-4 talent. We have a 4-12 coaching staff. I believe the Quinn/Koetter Suckage will override the on-field talent. 6-10, final answer.

Oh no. The Nut’s annual proclamation of playoffs is usually the Kiss of death for this team. 

Posted Images

On 6/29/2020 at 9:53 AM, octoslash said:

I'm thinking there won't even be a season.  What happens when 32 teams go to camp and guys start testing positive?  

You know the league will overreact just like the whole world did when this began.  

I only quote myself to point out that it was just announced that an entire team has withdrawn from the MLS upcoming tournament. We are seeing what is to come with the NFL. Doubtful there is going to be a season.  Not a real one anyway.

And all this over a virus with a 98.6% recovery rate. Ridiculous.

On 6/29/2020 at 11:34 AM, PokerSteve said:

Much as I'd like to expound upon my belief this team has the horsepower to go 11-5, the recent spike in covid-19 cases has me wondering along with many others whether this season will even be played.

If it is played, the possible complications from many players testing positive, especially which players test positive, will make as much difference in the W-L record as talent, coaching, luck or any other factor.

Health is and has been our worst enemy in the last three seasons when it comes to our Falcons. 

On 7/7/2020 at 9:10 PM, octoslash said:

I only quote myself to point out that it was just announced that an entire team has withdrawn from the MLS upcoming tournament. We are seeing what is to come with the NFL. Doubtful there is going to be a season.  Not a real one anyway.

Actually if you were to somehow get a real, actual count, that would probably be more like a 99.5% recovery rate.

On 7/7/2020 at 9:10 PM, octoslash said:

Agree. European soccer is full go, been watching for a few weeks. Golf, Tennis, Nascar, heck even MLB and NBA starts in a coupla weeks.

Everyone should be educated on this by now.

We'll be dealing with it for at least another couple of years.

Play the darn game! Come up with solutions, not pander to the fear-mongering.

I generally agree. That 6-2 finish last year was no fluke. That 6-2 team is the true Falcons right now. And they only built upon that with the draft and off season pickups. The real question is Quinn. Does he now know that TC is not the time to relax and let up on the mission. He has to know this! Because I'm telling you right now....another slow start and he's gone!

2 hours ago, jm_falcons said:

I generally agree. That 6-2 finish last year was no fluke. That 6-2 team is the true Falcons right now. And they only built upon that with the draft and off season pickups. The real question is Quinn. Does he now know that TC is not the time to relax and let up on the mission. He has to know this! Because I'm telling you right now....another slow start and he's gone!

Take that and add it to the Draft and FA pickups ,, And all I can see is the best Falcon team ever assembled. And yes,, I  truly believe it.

On 7/15/2020 at 1:21 PM, Roanoke Falcon said:

This is ridiculously optimistic, but I hope you're right.

Well,  IMO this team has 30% more talent than any other Falcon team ever... And if you have kept up with the Draft and the FAs picked up after the draft ,, which was monumental ,, I doubt that we will ever have an off season like this one.. This team will be at the very least 30 %  better than we were last year,, and that IMO will give us an 11-5 season... And by then we will have all our young talent trained in how to win in the playoffs. I also think we will go deep into the playoffs..  I'm a believer this year.. All because of what I've seen the FO do.. And it has been the greatest off season of this franchise ,, and I think it will be known for years to come how great our draft and FA pick ups were.. Some of you are in for a shock.  A Good one..

On 7/14/2020 at 11:32 AM, jm_falcons said:

Zero chance Quinn is gone after this year.  I've said it before, but it bares repeating.  If Blank didn't fire him after he went 7-9 for the second year in a row when things were "normal" he's not going to fire him after this unusual off season/year. 

13 hours ago, opensource001 said:

Zero chance Quinn is gone after this year.  I've said it before, but it bares repeating.  If Blank didn't fire him after he went 7-9 for the second year in a row when things were "normal" he's not going to fire him after this unusual off season/year. 

Thankfully ,,, Blank is way to smart for that... After we have a great year this coming season,, then all will know why Blank has been successful in every thing he's touched... He is a smart man ... our owners of the past were so tight they squeaked  when they walked.... Yes.. I know about what little success they had.. But still, Not going to do much with a cheap owner unless he has a brilliant mind. I believe in Blank...  and hope Him and his family never sales the team.  B)

Well, the pandemic has really messed up the season..  But I believe if this season does happen ,, We'll be at the very least 11-5  , And if any thing else ,, I think we at most could end up with a 13-3 season. I truly believe it's possible.. Sad thing though is we don't know how the virus will after this whole season.  

On 7/22/2020 at 10:05 PM, opensource001 said:

You can’t believe that zero chance statement. I agree that it will be tough for Blank to move on but we do have a few HC candidates on the team. I could see Jeff or Raheem as our new HC.

Do you mean I don't believe the statement or I don't believe there's zero chance?  You're right that I don't believe there is truly zero percent, that was hyperbole.  If I was a betting man I would place money that DQ will be here next year.  I'm not sure how having HC quality candidates affects the decision in any matter.

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2020 at 8:10 PM, Draftnut57 said:

Well, the pandemic has really messed up the season..  But I believe if this season does happen ,, We'll be at the very least 11-5  , And if any thing else ,, I think we at most could end up with a 13-3 season. I truly believe it's possible.. Sad thing though is we don't know how the virus will after this whole season.  

What He said  /\ /\ /\   :mmmhmm: