I truly believe we will be an 11 - 5 team this season.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have 12-4 talent. We have a 4-12 coaching staff. I believe the Quinn/Koetter Suckage will override the on-field talent. 6-10, final answer.

Oh no. The Nut’s annual proclamation of playoffs is usually the Kiss of death for this team. 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Why?

I'm willing to listen if you can show and prove what specifically he contributed to that Superbowl season.

Was it his defensive acumen?

• 2016 Pro Football Reference
  • Team Defense: #27
  • Pass Defense: #28
  • Rush Defense: #17 (almost average!)
  • Scoring Defense: #27
  • 3rd Down Conversions Against: #27

Was it his ability to instill discipline?

• NFLPenalties.com
  • Atlanta Falcons: 9th most penalties accepted (not just committed): 119 penalties on 3415 plays for 954 yards.

Perhaps you can convince me of his masterful game clock management? His brilliant halftime defensive adjustments?

Something.

Anything? Bueller? Buuueelller?

Now, let's address "giving too much credit to Shanahan" and the offense.

• Pro Football Reference
  • Team Offense: #1
  • Passing Offense: #3
  • Rushing Offense: #5 LOVED that balanced attack!!!)

So tell me once again how Cowardly Clueless Quinn was anything more than sitting in the head coach's seat while Kyle Shanahan drove this team to within 1 play (which he then blew) of a Superbowl title.

Lol

10 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

“All the good stuff is Shanahan! All the bad stuff is Quinn!!” 

🙄

I provided facts, statistics, and evidence.

You provided--- what? Exactly what did you provide?

Absolutely nothing.

If you have something to present to make the case for Cowardly Clueless Quinn earning credit beyond happening to carry the title of "head coach", please present it.

Otherwise, concede the point and move on.

14 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

I provided facts, statistics, and evidence.

You provided--- what? Exactly what did you provide?

Absolutely nothing.

If you have something to present to make the case for Cowardly Clueless Quinn earning credit beyond happening to carry the title of "head coach", please present it.

Otherwise, concede the point and move on.

You didn’t provide ****

15 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

I provided enough to prove my point.

You provided foul language, even though you're supposed to be an admin.

Aren't you duty-bound to give yourself a warning point or something?

A warning point for what? Did you see me circumvent the language filter?

And you didn’t prove anything other than you are horribly biased and it made me laugh 

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

A warning point for what? Did you see me circumvent the language filter?

And you didn’t prove anything other than you are horribly biased and it made laugh 

Empty rhetoric is the province of someone who has made an empty, baseless, groundless assertion, got called out on it, and isn't honest enough to admit it.

I asserted that it was Shanahan's offense, and NOT Cowardly Clueless Quinn's defense that took us to the Superbowl in 2016.

I provided statistical proof that CCQ's defense was not a championship-caliber defense.

I provided proof that Shanahan's offense was good enough to carry CCQ's defense to a championship game.

So again I ask you to prove your assertion that CCQ deserves credit.

What specifically did he do to earn credit, other than carry the title of head coach?

What has he done since then to deserve maintaining that title?

11 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Empty rhetoric is the province of someone who has made an empty, baseless, groundless assertion, got called out on it, and isn't honest enough to admit it.

I asserted that it was Shanahan's offense, and NOT Cowardly Clueless Quinn's defense that took us to the Superbowl in 2016.

I provided statistical proof that CCQ's defense was not a championship-caliber defense.

I provided proof that Shanahan's offense was good enough to carry CCQ's defense to a championship game.

So again I ask you to prove your assertion that CCQ deserves credit.

What specifically did he do to earn credit, other than carry the title of head coach?

What has he done since then to deserve maintaining that title?

Here’s what I find funny...you give Shanahan 100% credit of the success of the offense. However, you blame Quinn for the teams penalties. Including the offensive ones. That’s red flag #1. Here’s the 2nd problem with your argument, you blame Quinn for the entire defensive performance despite the fact that Richard Smith was the defensive coordinator up until week 14 when Quinn took over. If you’re going to give one coordinator all the credit, then you need to do the same for the other side of the ball. Not blame the HC only because it fits your narrative....

Let’s take a look at the defensive performance of Richard Smith vs Quinn taking over....

In weeks 1-13, the Falcons were giving up 27.3 PPG and averaging 1 turnover a game. In 12 games, they had 13 takeaways. That is dreadful defense. 

However, Quinn took over in week 14 against the Rams. The team went on a 6 game winning streak and literally didn’t trail in a single game...not even the SB. Their PPG dropped from 27 to 20. And they got a total of 15 takeaways in the 6-1 run. So they had more takeaways in LESS games than when Richard Smith was calling the plays. They went from 27 PPG and 1 TO to 20 PPG and 2 TO. 

My argument is Quinn deserves credit for the success of 2016....YOUR argument is he deserves none. I am trying to give SOME credit to the HC. You’re trying to give ALL the credit to the offensive coordinator. 

There’s your explanation kid. 

4 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Here’s what I find funny...you give Shanahan 100% credit of the success of the offense. However, you blame Quinn for the teams penalties. Including the offensive ones. That’s red flag #1. Here’s the 2nd problem with your argument, you blame Quinn for the entire defensive performance despite the fact that Richard Smith was the defensive coordinator up until week 14 when Quinn took over. If you’re going to give one coordinator all the credit, then you need to do the same for the other side of the ball. Not blame the HC only because it fits your narrative....

Let’s take a look at the defensive performance of Richard Smith vs Quinn taking over....

In weeks 1-13, the Falcons were giving up 27.3 PPG and averaging 1 turnover a game. In 12 games, they had 13 takeaways. That is dreadful defense. 

However, Quinn took over in week 14 against the Rams. The team went on a 6 game winning streak and literally didn’t trail in a single game...not even the SB. Their PPG dropped from 27 to 20. And they got a total of 15 takeaways in the 6-1 run. So they had more takeaways in LESS games than when Richard Smith was calling the plays. They went from 27 PPG and 1 TO to 20 PPG and 2 TO. 

My argument is Quinn deserves credit for the success of 2016....YOUR argument is he deserves none. I am trying to give SOME credit to the HC. You’re trying to give ALL the credit to the offensive coordinator. 

So now we have an argument. Not a strong one on your part, but at least you mounted some sort of defense.

Parsing penalties: I was speaking more to the team's overall lack of discipline on both sides of the ball, in 2016 and straight on through to today. I certainly never said Shanahan was/is perfect. I even referenced his catastrophic failure in the Superbowl. Still, I should have made that crystalline clear. My point stands: Quinn's teams overall have been consistently lacking in discipline. The difference is that in 2016, the Shanahan offense more than carried the weight of their lack of discipline. The Quinn defense (I'll address Smith shortly) did not.

Quinn taking over in Week #14: What was he doing in Weeks 1-13?

• Marquand Manuel's 2017 defense was statistically better than the 2016 defense.
  • Marquand Manuel's defense went to crap when ravaged by injuries. Rather than give Manuel a shot at the redemption he himself later got, Quinn fired him, and took full control.
  • With a mainly healthy defense, Cowardly Clueless Quinn managed to coach that defense to a laughing stock record.
  • At the turning point, someone took control from CCQ (or he realized his own ineptitude) and the defense IMMEDIATELY made dramatic improvements across the board.

The only significant uptick in defensive performance came in the one season where the defense was healthy under Marquand Manue, and saw its nadir in the half-season CCQ was fully in control. The fact that Smith was slightly more incompetent than CCQ is not a mark in CCQ's favor. The fact that an out-of-work Marquand Manuel was a demonstrably superior defensive coach absolutely is not a mark in CCQ's favor.

Lastly, you slightly mischaracterized my argument. I didn't say he deserves no credit at all. I asked what he did to earn credit. What specific coaching quality did he bring to the table? The fact that other coaches under him failed (on defense, HIS area of expertise) does not absolve him of blame, fault, or responsibility. And yes: Shanahan also failed at the most crucial juncture in franchise history. I did not, however, hang that blame on CCQ for not over-riding Shanahan. I am fair on this matter.

So again I ask you: what specific coaching quality did CCQ contribute towards the success of 2016? Please illuminate some facet of coaching genius other than "the team went to the Superbowl" that CCQ embodies.

Edited by Roanoke Falcon

This team should win 11 games but as the last 6 years has taught (some of) us, coaching will once again let us down. I usually wait until preseason to see the team performs before I make my decision but this seems like another 7-9 season. We may get hot in the end and win games to save DQ ***** *** again but there'll be no playoffs 

8 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Sorry dude but you're wrong on this one. When DQ took over we didn't play a team with a winning record. I remember looking at the last quarter of the season and not facing any team over .500 and thinking we can make the playoffs this year with 2 more wins. The Rams had a rookie QB who only threw for around 700 yards so far that ENTIRE SEASON. The 49ers won 1 game that year and was getting the 1st pick in the draft, Carolina top threat was a 40 year old Greg Olson and we had the Skanks to end the season. 

In the playoffs Seahawks ran the ball down our throats and killed us with P/A.  They ran like 7 mins off in the first quarter and scored a TD. They came out after that and bombed us with a 50 yard TD that was called back for offensive holding IIRC but TBH it wasn't a holding. We sacked RW3 and it put them in FG range. We went 3 and out but got a good bounce on the kickoff. I think Hawks started on like the 6 yard line and Debo got a safety. 

IMO that was the turning point in the game, we went down and scored a FG but the offense has humming.

After that Ryan hit Gabe on a 40 yard crossing pattern. We went up like 9 points got the ball to start the second half and had like a 11 play drive and went up 16 points forcing Seattle to play keep up with us. 

Every game after that we scored first and forced the other team to abandon their game plan. 

The defense was average under DQ in 2016 he honestly got lucky with 3 of the last 4 teams we faced having already given up on the season. The combined total W/L record of those teams was something like 18/44 so the media was doubting if we really were contenders or beating up on weak teams. We held 3 of the those 4 teams under 20 but every other team scored above 20 when DQ called the plays. 

Yes the D made plays and got off the field on 3rd downs but it was only because teams had become one dimensional against us and couldn't run the ball to keep the D honest. Anyone on this board could've coached this team that year and EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD would've ran the ball after Julio's Skywalker catch and kicked the FG. Stop defending that moron he should never have been hired.

11 hours ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Sorry dude but you're wrong on this one. When DQ took over we didn't play a team with a winning record. I remember looking at the last quarter of the season and not facing any team over .500 and thinking we can make the playoffs this year with 2 more wins. The Rams had a rookie QB who only threw for around 700 yards so far that ENTIRE SEASON. The 49ers won 1 game that year and was getting the 1st pick in the draft, Carolina top threat was a 40 year old Greg Olson and we had the Skanks to end the season. 

In the playoffs Seahawks ran the ball down our throats and killed us with P/A.  They ran like 7 mins off in the first quarter and scored a TD. They came out after that and bombed us with a 50 yard TD that was called back for offensive holding IIRC but TBH it wasn't a holding. We sacked RW3 and it put them in FG range. We went 3 and out but got a good bounce on the kickoff. I think Hawks started on like the 6 yard line and Debo got a safety. 

IMO that was the turning point in the game, we went down and scored a FG but the offense has humming.

After that Ryan hit Gabe on a 40 yard crossing pattern. We went up like 9 points got the ball to start the second half and had like a 11 play drive and went up 16 points forcing Seattle to play keep up with us. 

Every game after that we scored first and forced the other team to abandon their game plan. 

The defense was average under DQ in 2016 he honestly got lucky with 3 of the last 4 teams we faced having already given up on the season. The combined total W/L record of those teams was something like 18/44 so the media was doubting if we really were contenders or beating up on weak teams. We held 3 of the those 4 teams under 20 but every other team scored above 20 when DQ called the plays. 

Yes the D made plays and got off the field on 3rd downs but it was only because teams had become one dimensional against us and couldn't run the ball to keep the D honest. Anyone on this board could've coached this team that year and EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD would've ran the ball after Julio's Skywalker catch and kicked the FG. Stop defending that moron he should never have been hired.

Not a big DQ fan because he choked in SB 51, but you guys are off your rockers claiming he doesn’t deserve credit getting us there. 

I mean come on! Defensively in playoffs, he out-coached both GB and Seattle. And had a great game plan coming into SB. BB made the adjustments at halftime, and the rest is history, but DQ did a good job until then.

51 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Not a DQ fan because I felt he choked in SB 51, but you guys are off your rockers claiming he doesn’t deserve credit getting us there. 

Defensively in playoffs, he out-coached both GB and Seattle. And had a great game plan coming into SB. BB made the adjustments at halftime, and the rest is history, but DQ did a good job until then.

He did choke.. yes,,, a really hard loss for us fans..  But,,,, he learned from it... and I think we'll make a run this year because he has matured through the years... Plus we have had the best off season in the History of this team and loaded the boat with a lot of great talent... We will have to cut players that can be starters for other teams... And most likely will.. But we only have so much room on this team.. And it's going to be packed with more talent than any other year this team has existed.

Now if we can just get our coaches to do their job.. We will make a run this season... And that is a good thing. The past lessons learned will help us to make the next step up ....:golfclap:

3 hours ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

I’ve never defended Dan Quinn...and not once have I said he deserves to be head coach. I’ve simply pointed out credit where it’s due.

To me, you and Roanoke basically just sound like salty fans who are pissed about the SB loss 

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’ve never defended Dan Quinn...and not once have I said he deserves to be head coach. I’ve simply pointed out credit where it’s due.

To me, you and Roanoke basically just sound like salty fans who are pissed about the SB loss 

Stop dancing like a Vegas showgirl around the issue at hand. You keep saying he deserves credit.

For WHAT?!? What specifically did he do in 2016 to earn credit? What area did he make a positive contribution to? What exactly and specifically did he do other than the generality of being the head coach to deserve credit? So far, the only thing you pointed out was waiting 13 weeks to assume defensive play calling from Smith.

My contention is that the overwhelming lion's share of that credit should go to Kyle Shanahan. To be crystal clear, I am refuting the CCQ defenders who claim "Quinn took the Falcons to a Superbowl". We got there mainly on Shanahan's offense--- NOT on Cowardly Clueless Quinn's defense.

ADDENDUM: How much credit do you give Barry Switzer for his Cowboys Superbowl victory? He was the head coach, so do you consider Barry Switzer a "Superbowl caliber coach"?

Edited by Roanoke Falcon
Addendum
25 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Stop dancing like a Vegas showgirl around the issue at hand. You keep saying he deserves credit.

For WHAT?!? What specifically did he do in 2016 to earn credit? What area did he make a positive contribution to? What exactly and specifically did he do other than the generality of being the head coach to deserve credit? So far, the only thing you pointed out was waiting 13 weeks to assume defensive play calling from Smith.

My contention is that the overwhelming lion's share of that credit should go to Kyle Shanahan. To be crystal clear, I am refuting the CCQ defenders who claim "Quinn took the Falcons to a Superbowl". We got there mainly on Shanahan's offense--- NOT on Cowardly Clueless Quinn's defense.

ADDENDUM: How much credit do you give Barry Switzer for his Cowboys Superbowl victory? He was the head coach, so do you consider Barry Switzer a "Superbowl caliber coach"?

I already explained why Quinn deserves credit....read

And please point out where I said Quinn was a "SB caliber coach." I didn't.

I've simply just argued that Quinn deserves SOME credit for the 2016 season. I provided plenty of evidence in one post. I really don't understand why you can't comprehend this...

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I already explained why Quinn deserves credit....read

And please point out where I said Quinn was a "SB caliber coach." I didn't.

I've simply just argued that Quinn deserves SOME credit for the 2016 season. I provided plenty of evidence in one post. I really don't understand why you can't comprehend this...

You have NOT explained why CCQ deserves credit beyond waiting 13 weeks to relieve Smith of play calling, and the generality of being in the position of head coach.

Are you maging the fatuous claim that everyone in the organization "deserves credit"? Does Arthur Blank's secretary deserve credit? Do you credit the practice squad players that the team scrimmaged against in practice? How far down the chain, and how much impact must be made for you to consider to have earned "credit"?

Cowardly Clueless Quinn had near-zero input on the offense (which was #1 in the league) and special teams.

Cowardly Clueless Quinn's area of "expertise 🤡" was the defense, which was ranked #27 out of 32 teams.

Cowardly Clueless Quinn gets at best a plastic participation trophy's worth of credit, and simply being the head coach does not justify his continued employment in that capacity.

3 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

You have NOT explained why CCQ deserves credit beyond waiting 13 weeks to relieve Smith of play calling, and the generality of being in the position of head coach.

Are you maging the fatuous claim that everyone in the organization "deserves credit"? Does Arthur Blank's secretary deserve credit? Do you credit the practice squad players that the team scrimmaged against in practice? How far down the chain, and how much impact must be made for you to consider to have earned "credit"?

Cowardly Clueless Quinn had near-zero input on the offense (which was #1 in the league) and special teams.

Cowardly Clueless Quinn's area of "expertise 🤡" was the defense, which was ranked #27 out of 32 teams.

Cowardly Clueless Quinn gets at best a plastic participation trophy's worth of credit, and simply being the head coach does not justify his continued employment in that capacity.

I can't with you with anymore. You are straight up posting like a child

3 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

If anyone is "cowardly and clueless", it would be yourself. Calling someone "cowardly" from your keyboard, safely sitting at home, is the very definition of "cowardly". It is unequivocally the stupidest thing I have ever read on these boards! It makes you seem like a joker, and nobody is going to take you seriously when you post that kind of drivel. I am far from a DQ fan, but he is our coach, and I will support him to the best of my ability; even if I ***** from time to time.  

As the HC of the Falcons, he is the one who took us to the Super Bowl. That is how it works! HC = His Team - Not Shanny's Team  Many coaches have had great assistants through the years, but assistants are just that, assistants. DQ was the HC, and therefore, he gets the credit for going to the Super Bowl. On the flip side, he also gets the brunt of the credit for the failure in the Super Bowl. As the HC, he could have overruled Shanny, and we'd probably have a Lombardi right now. 

19 hours ago, Vandy said:

Not a big DQ fan because he choked in SB 51, but you guys are off your rockers claiming he doesn’t deserve credit getting us there. 

I mean come on! Defensively in playoffs, he out-coached both GB and Seattle. And had a great game plan coming into SB. BB made the adjustments at halftime, and the rest is history, but DQ did a good job until then.

I was a DQ fan until he gave his first press conference at F.B. I knew then he wasn't the guy for the job so I've always been critical of him but I do give him credit when he deserves it. With that being said there is this narrative going around that the D soared under DQ in 16 when I actually was just average. His game plan is not a good one because its be go man to man and not make any adjustments. Thats why he's constantly outcoached. You can run the same 4 plays from different formations on DQ and he won't adjust, its ****** nerve wrecking. Shows real ignorance and just plan stubbornness. IDK who or what got in his head (probably the fact that he should be fired came to the fore front) ,he finally swallowed his pride. He had a DB coach as the WR coach cause "He could possibly teach the WR how to beat out the DB" Didnt we led the league in drops those years? Dude is an idiot, I dont care what the slogan on the T shirt says or how good the Hype video is we can't win with DQ. Hopefully with him just being a glorified cheerleader this season we can make some noise 

17 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Salty, No. 

Pissed about the SB, H*ll yeah, but that was 5 years ago its not thats the first one we lost 😭 

I'm just hoping AB sees the light and does the right thing for this team. Were headed down the same path as the Cowboys, talented team but the coach is holding them back and the owner isn't willing to move on from coach because he is his do-boy.

On 7/6/2020 at 6:34 AM, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Dan Quinn is on my **** list but with that being said the above is really silly and inaccurate.  Quinn's defense dominated a RW led Seahawks team, a HOT Aaron Rodgers led GB team and is the only team to dominate the Patriots defensively  as bad as they did for 3 quarters of a SB.   In fact I would argue if that slimebag Shanny had used the clock more (consistently leaving 25+ seconds on the clock play after play and running a 4 times in the second half) we probably win that game by two scores. 

Edited by Godzilla1985
20 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

So much stupid in here it made my brain hurt.

Barring injuries, there's no reason to think we won't be a playoff team. 

My only area of concern is at the CB position. We are incredibly young there and even if AJT turns out to be great, rookie CBs historically struggle. Oliver is average on his best day, and we won't know until the season starts if Sheff can make a jump from his rookie year. 

However, if the additions of Fowler and Davidson increase our QB pressures and sack numbers, that will help our young CB group tremendously. I'm also very high on Morris having full control of the defense. 

I think 8 wins is our floor, and I can see us going as high as 12.