I truly believe we will be an 11 - 5 team this season.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have 12-4 talent. We have a 4-12 coaching staff. I believe the Quinn/Koetter Suckage will override the on-field talent. 6-10, final answer.

Oh no. The Nut’s annual proclamation of playoffs is usually the Kiss of death for this team. 

Posted Images

Nope, 7-9 at best. I see the same issues we have year in and year out, a DL line that is undersized and has questions, a secondary that is way to young and also has some banged up players we are going to rely on, an OL with question marks, a running game that relies on an often injured player. The only non questions are Matt and JJ. Our schedule is brutal and the division is going to be tougher. We did not do enough to improve our roster in the off season, way to many lateral moves and not enough definite improvements. We are going 7-9 and then the entire front office will be cleaned out in the off season.

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Nope, 7-9 at best. I see the same issues we have year in and year out, a DL line that is undersized and has questions, a secondary that is way to young and also has some banged up players we are going to rely on, an OL with question marks, a running game that relies on an often injured player. The only non questions are Matt and JJ. Our schedule is brutal and the division is going to be tougher. We did not do enough to improve our roster in the off season, way to many lateral moves and not enough definite improvements. We are going 7-9 and then the entire front office will be cleaned out in the off season.

I keep seeing this in TAFT. Where’s this false narrative that our “DL is undersized” come from?  Davison/Davidson/Jarrett/Bailey et al are big boys who can hold their own against anyone they go up against. 

What a crock. 

On 6/30/2020 at 10:42 AM, Vandy said:

I keep seeing this in TAFT. Where’s this false narrative that our “DL is undersized” come from?  Davison/Davidson/Jarrett/Bailey et al are big boys who can hold their own against anyone they go up against. 

What a crock. 

Exactly!!  And this was my biggest concern before the draft..   And evidently that was the F.O.s  main concern,,  They did more for the DL than any other position... And I was so glad that was their best group , and so badly needed.   For this reason alone ,  We'll make he playoffs IMO.   Well, I might should say,, this is the biggest reason we will make the playoffs. the other big reason is because of all the other talent they got..  Never saw them go out and get so so many players to compete for a job with this team.  I'VE  said it already,, but we have more talent on this team than I've ever seen in my life time of being a Fan... :tiphat:

On 6/30/2020 at 6:16 AM, tl;dr said:

We will go like 10-6 or something yet lose to some awful teams and beat some good ones. 

Probably something like sweep the Aints, but lose at home to the Panties. 

Win at KC, lose at the Chargers. 

Something like that. 

Yep, this seems like realistic optimism.  

Wish I had a better idea of how that Oline will perform this season.

16 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I guess....Mike Smith and Koetter went 13-3. Quinn got to a SB. The team has a chance. 

If you mean we have a non-zero% chance of playoffs/Superbowl, then obviously: as I stated, we DO have the talent. We will be rolling with potentially 10/11 first rounders on offense.

But no: Cowardly Clueless Quinn and his mid-lower 20th ranked 2016 defense did not get us to a Superbowl. Kyle Shanahan's historically potent offense took us to a Superbowl. CCQ was just riding the offense's gravy train.

On 6/28/2020 at 2:19 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think this team has ability to go 12-4. They just need for things to go right for them 

Waiting for over a decade for DEFENSE to show up when it matters.

We got Breesy, Brady, Teddy 2x  who have always given us hard time. Add Wilson, Rodgers & Patrick Mahomes.

Just cant catch a break...

8-8 at best.

6-10 at worst.

8 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

If you mean we have a non-zero% chance of playoffs/Superbowl, then obviously: as I stated, we DO have the talent. We will be rolling with potentially 10/11 first rounders on offense.

But no: Cowardly Clueless Quinn and his mid-lower 20th ranked 2016 defense did not get us to a Superbowl. Kyle Shanahan's historically potent offense took us to a Superbowl. CCQ was just riding the offense's gravy train.

Giving Shanahan too much credit and not enough credit to Quinn. Quinn was the head coach. He deserves credit for success. 

I'm curious what people who expect this team to be better than 7-9 are seeing that completely negates DQs history of not having this team ready to go week one?  I know DQ doesn't know how to use preseason games to get this team ready but I don't think having less of those or less practice time together for the entire team helps anyone.  Is the belief that everyone is going to be so affected by this that no one is going to be ready?

Honestly with this schedule I’m seeing 6-8 wins and about 5-6 toss ups depending on staying fairly healthy and catching some bounces that’s due to go our way. 11-5 is very doable but realistically prolly won’t  happen. The aints have a better roster and Brady Bucs are pretty loaded which means it will come down to injuries and breaks. Once again the schedule is brutal but from one yr to the next things do change. If you really feel it....Vegas is calling at 7.5. I would bet the over but I’m not betting my new red truck on it.

Edited by Atl Falcon
On 7/4/2020 at 9:37 AM, JD dirtybird21 said:

Giving Shanahan too much credit and not enough credit to Quinn. Quinn was the head coach. He deserves credit for success. 

Why?

I'm willing to listen if you can show and prove what specifically he contributed to that Superbowl season.

Was it his defensive acumen?

• 2016 Pro Football Reference
  • Team Defense: #27
  • Pass Defense: #28
  • Rush Defense: #17 (almost average!)
  • Scoring Defense: #27
  • 3rd Down Conversions Against: #27

Was it his ability to instill discipline?

• NFLPenalties.com
  • Atlanta Falcons: 9th most penalties accepted (not just committed): 119 penalties on 3415 plays for 954 yards.

Perhaps you can convince me of his masterful game clock management? His brilliant halftime defensive adjustments?

Something.

Anything? Bueller? Buuueelller?

Now, let's address "giving too much credit to Shanahan" and the offense.

• Pro Football Reference
  • Team Offense: #1
  • Passing Offense: #3
  • Rushing Offense: #5 LOVED that balanced attack!!!)

So tell me once again how Cowardly Clueless Quinn was anything more than sitting in the head coach's seat while Kyle Shanahan drove this team to within 1 play (which he then blew) of a Superbowl title.