Spring Training 2.0

Unknøwn

Any ideas of playing MLB, NBA or NFL this year are pretty silly. As soon as any group of players in any sport start working together in person it's going to start spreading through the players. Just hope the players that get covid recover and dont have any life long ailments from it. 

Felix did report to camp initially. Sounds like the reality of it hit with the 4 positives and all the protocols the players have to go through. Felix decided the risk was too much. Training room time is also limited which is tough for older guys like him. 

At this point, it might just be better to cancel this season and try again next year. We should have some form of a vaccine by the end of the year/early 2021 so things should be good then. I have heard of at least a few vaccines in early trials that have been very promising.

Soroka said he was throwing at a local high school with Folty and Newcomb during the shut down. He said Culberson, Camargo, Albies and Acuna all came out to take live BP off them as well.

Snitker had commented on how great the starters are looking already. He added he could tell they all worked hard to stay sharp.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Soroka said he was throwing at a local high school with Folty and Newcomb during the shut down. He said Culberson, Camargo, Albies and Acuna all came out to take live BP off them as well.

Snitker had commented on how great the starters are looking already. He added he could tell they all worked hard to stay sharp.

Seeing the hype video that the braves put out ....it is clear that guys were putting in work.

Ozzie looks like he attended the Barry Bonds school of off-season work.

Kidding.....but he is jacked for real.

10 hours ago, tl;dr said:

At this point, it might just be better to cancel this season and try again next year. We should have some form of a vaccine by the end of the year/early 2021 so things should be good then. I have heard of at least a few vaccines in early trials that have been very promising.

There also seems to be growing science suggesting that once you get the virus it becomes extremely difficult to get it a second time. That's good news moving forward.

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

There also seems to be growing science suggesting that once you get the virus it becomes extremely difficult to get it a second time. That's good news moving forward.

Yeah, I've got bad news on that front. Most people involved have disputed this assertion. Fauci provided an explanation recently. The way that the virus works, most antibodies don't prevent it from attaching.

Everything about Coronavirus sucks.

19 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

I saw a video about a month ago where Soroka and Fried were discussing (via Zoom call) that they were using the opportunity to do something they've never been able to do -- throw regular bullpens sessions at 100% since there was no reason to keep the arm fresh for an upcoming game. This allowed them to really work on pitches and both indicated that their secondaries were sharper than they had ever been.

Snitker has informed the press that Nick Markakis has decided to opt out of the season.

Asked if he personally was worried about being part of the season he said “honestly, yes. I feel great right here. I think I’ll be fine these three weeks. The traveling worries me more than anything. The fact we have had some positive tests makes you realize this is real".

The Brewers, Astros, Nationals, Angels, and A's all had to cancel practice today because test results were not processed quickly enough to determine if it was safe to have practice.

With each passing day I become more and more doubtful that they'll actually play a season. MLB's lab is failing, players are infected and other players are saying it's not worth it. What good is a 2020 season if you're running out AAAA players and role players because everyone is infected or just opting out.

7 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

With each passing day I become more and more doubtful that they'll actually play a season. MLB's lab is failing, players are infected and other players are saying it's not worth it. What good is a 2020 season if you're running out AAAA players and role players because everyone is infected or just opting out.

A 60-game season is a farce anyway. At this point its just piling on and endangering people.

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

Wife and I are getting tested tomorrow. I’ll share the results in a few days. We’ve done everything and more of what was asked of us but we’ve also had some episodes so it will be good to know where we are at. 

I sympathize. My doctor's sure my wife has had it, but she's only had an antibody test, which was negative. Her lungs have been in bad shape for several months now, but medical officials are paralyzed with indecision about the best treatments.

I sincerely hope that you and your wife feel better and aren't actually positive.