Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Unknøwn

Spring Training 2.0

6 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Here is the Braves 60 man player pool. 30 of them will be on roster Opening Day, the other 30 will be in Gwinnett working out and waiting on potential call ups. With the MLB roster eventually trimming down to 26, it will grow to 34 at Gwinnett. Some of the names are obviously just at Gwinnett to get development. Players can be shuffled off the 60 man but removing them forces them to go through waivers unless injured or suspended. 

So I guess the rest of the minor leaguers are SOL and are on their own this year to train?

I've been thinking about Chris Johnson today. He had 773 hits in his entire career. 165 of them came in 2013. Anybody can get hot, pick up confidence, and carry it through 60 games.

Johnson did it for 142 games for us, and then he quickly proved that he had played way over his head.

So, I've spent some time evaluating Atlanta's streak hitters, the guys who could carry us if they hit that zone...and the guys who could hit under .200 for the full season if they start slow.

I wonder which Ender will show up, and which Austin Riley we'll get. Who else would you put in the streak hitter category? Well, other than Freddie...

3 hours ago, jidady said:

I've been thinking about Chris Johnson today. He had 773 hits in his entire career. 165 of them came in 2013. Anybody can get hot, pick up confidence, and carry it through 60 games.

Johnson did it for 142 games for us, and then he quickly proved that he had played way over his head.

So, I've spent some time evaluating Atlanta's streak hitters, the guys who could carry us if they hit that zone...and the guys who could hit under .200 for the full season if they start slow.

I wonder which Ender will show up, and which Austin Riley we'll get. Who else would you put in the streak hitter category? Well, other than Freddie...

Camargo and Ozzie are both extremely hot and cold.

20 hours ago, jidady said:

Dansby is incredibly streaky

Soroka and Fried are throwing BP today. Snitker said they'll likely begin scrimmage games on Wednesday. Little time to ramp up so live BP will be key to getting everyone ready. They are allowed to schedule 3 exhibition games against a team relatively close. So we could see a game with the Marlins or Rays soon.