You have to admire the character of our organization.

Regardless of the outcome, you always see them trying to to what is best on and off the field.

Whether it's a coach admitting mid-season that he needs to step aside and take another approach or the organization releasing a player following an incident. It takes strong character to acknowledge something is wrong, take accountability and try to do what's right.

You don't have a diva reciever complaining to the media. You have a player who addresses it through his agent and a front office that makes an effort to fairly compensates him. You don't have a QB arguing with his OC on the sidelines or deriding the new offense. You have a leader who is willing to work to make that system successful.

You've seen their character displayed in how they have handled this unique offseason embracing new ways of working in a pandemic and being leaders in the community addressing issues of inequality.

There is a culture within the organization based on respect and working together. I admire it. It's not always easy being a Falcons fan but it is nice to pull for a team that tries to do things right.

I hate when people try to use our players to bring down others. This is the same hate that you give others. I remember people talking about players like T.O. and their TD Celebrations. Asking why don't he be more like Emmitt Smith, and hand the ball to the refs. You wouldn't pi$$ on either if they were on fire.

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

There's the problem.  The outcome is the thing. 

I appreciate the op and get the point, but frankly I'd rather have an organization full of a-holes and a few championships,  than a bunch of choirboys with none.  

Yeah, let's give 'em a bunch of participation trophy's for being good guys! I like these guys too, but it's time to start producing. 

Didnt we try the whole A-Hole, showboat, attention seeking, camera-whore phase as a franchise? Did we not see how far that got us?

The 90's and early 2000's was all smoke a mirrors with this franchise. Just a bunch of boasting with no merit.

I prefer to have an ORGANIZATION. A culture based on values which have longevity and will stand the test of time.

There is a saying that applies here;

"How you gone' win when you aint right within'?"

It all starts up top and flows throughout the entire building. Good people individually  are just that,  good. But collectively good people can achieve great things. Its not about being a choir boy, its about standing for something. We have an organization to be proud of and if you dont see that because you feel entitled to a Championship then I cant help you. 

Edited by LightningDawg58
On 6/19/2020 at 9:26 AM, octoslash said:

I appreciate the op and get the point, but frankly I'd rather have an organization full of a-holes and a few championships,  than a bunch of choirboys with none.  

No thank you, I agree with OP on this one. Personally, I could never be a proud fan of a team of ******** who cheated their way to a championship....think Aints, astros. Think Lance Armstrong. 

You can win with character and class. We’ve come close twice, it wasn’t because we didn’t have enough a$$holes as to why we didn’t seal the deal.

6 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I hate when people try to use our players to bring down others. This is the same hate that you give others. I remember people talking about players like T.O. and their TD Celebrations. Asking why don't he be more like Emmitt Smith, and hand the ball to the refs. You wouldn't pi$$ on either if they were on fire.

With all due respect, I didn't read the OP's post this way at all.  Your rationale & inference is not a fair connection sir.

5 hours ago, octoslash said:

I believe Atlanta is tied for the 8th most wins over the last decade. It's not like the team has been trash.

Championships are not the sole measure of success. I am as frustrated as anyone that the Falcons have not won a title but it doesn't mean I can't appreciate the teams other contributions.

7 hours ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

Regardless of the outcome, you always see them trying to to what is best on and off the field.

Whether it's a coach admitting mid-season that he needs to step aside and take another approach or the organization releasing a player following an incident. It takes strong character to acknowledge something is wrong, take accountability and try to do what's right.

You don't have a diva reciever complaining to the media. You have a player who addresses it through his agent and a front office that makes an effort to fairly compensates him. You don't have a QB arguing with his OC on the sidelines or deriding the new offense. You have a leader who is willing to work to make that system successful.

You've seen their character displayed in how they have handled this unique offseason embracing new ways of working in a pandemic and being leaders in the community addressing issues of inequality.

There is a culture within the organization based on respect and working together. I admire it. It's not always easy being a Falcons fan but it is nice to pull for a team that tries to do things right.

:ninja: mehhh 

It aint all squeaky clean, we've had divas and distractions. Ryan definitely argues with OC you just done see it. 

Lol gotta be careful, we arent better than any other team. We have had our fair share of problems. We're not high and mighty

4 hours ago, LightningDawg58 said:

Didnt we try the whole A-Hole, showboat, attention seeking, camera-whore phase as a franchise? Did we not see how far that got us?

The 90's and early 2000's was all smoke a mirrors with this franchise. Just a bunch of boasting with no merit.

I prefer to have an ORGANIZATION. A culture based on values which have longevity and will stand the test of time.

It all starts up top and flows throughout the entire building. Good people individually  are just that,  good. But collectively good people can achieve great things. Its not about being a choir boy, its about standing for something. We have an organization to be proud of and if you dont see that because you feel entitled to a Championship then I cant help you. 

I mean we've had mediocrity and ineptitude more times than not. This team definitely had issues the last few years, it just was not public. There were rumors last year that the team started to tune out Quinn so something had to change 

4 hours ago, LightningDawg58 said:

Well said. There 's a reason the most successful NFL franchises like Pittsburgh and New England are so successful. The structure and organization is top notch. 

23 hours ago, octoslash said:

We can be like us or the Saints. One lost in heartbreaking fashion and went on trying to rebound. The other cheated their way to a Super Bowl and brought up a lawsuit when their hearts were broken (not to mention they helped cover up a child sexual abuse scandal).

I would much rather be like the Falcons than the Saints, Browns or Raiders

Thats the funny thing about this; people state "I dont care if we dont have choir boys as long as it leads to a championship". The two are not excusive of one another. You want people with a football edge, not Dbags.

Beasley is a great athlete, but on a down to down basis didn't have that edge. Guys like Grady, Julio do. Deion Jones does as well...he lost his way a little bit there and that was disheartening to see, but he got his *** in gear as the season went on.

I don't recall the last time we have had a great corner.... Trufant was not good in all facets of the game and had a really hard time with interceptions. Alford was a great playmaker and tried hard in run defense, but had a terrible penchant for penalties. Samuel was a borderline HoF in his time, but was not that as a Falcon AND not good in run defense. Dunta with us was OK, decent in most areas but certainly not lockdown(like Chris Houston and Jason Webster). 

Brent Grimes, honestly, has been the best Falcons cover corner in the last 20+ years. Hall was next in line for a good 2 years or so. Kevin Mathis and Brian Poole would be my picks for run defense.

21 hours ago, caponine said:

:ninja: mehhh 

It aint all squeaky clean, we've had divas and distractions. Ryan definitely argues with OC you just done see it. 

Lol gotta be careful, we arent better than any other team. We have had our fair share of problems. We're not high and mighty

Yes, we do need to “be careful”. And you do that by always letting high character dictate your path. In today’s sports and business world,  that is indeed better than most.

On 6/19/2020 at 3:41 PM, caponine said:

I mean we've had mediocrity and ineptitude more times than not. This team definitely had issues the last few years, it just was not public. There were rumors last year that the team started to tune out Quinn so something had to change 

They tuned him out but played their butts off for him with nothing to play for.

Arthur Blanks tenure as an owner has been the most successful in our history.

Rich Mckays tenure has been successful 

Thomas Dimitroffs tenure has been successful 

Mike Smiths tenure was successful

Matt Ryans tenure has been succesful

Dan Quinns tenure has been successful

Only 2 franchises, the Steelers and the Patriots, have seen more extended success without stretches of losing since Blank took over.

The 30 other teams, all have had peaks and valleys in terms of success and struggles. That's what happens in this league.

After Petrino, we finally took team building serious. We literally modeled ourselves after the Patriots after we  made Dimtroff GM. And numerous personnel decisions TD made went through his mentor Bill Belichick first. Choosing to value high character people has worked for us, not against us. There is no tangible argument against that. 

On 6/19/2020 at 3:13 PM, Run 'n' Shoot said:

I believe Atlanta is tied for the 8th most wins over the last decade. It's not like the team has been trash.

Championships are not the sole measure of success. I am as frustrated as anyone that the Falcons have not won a title but it doesn't mean I can't appreciate the teams other contributions.

Wow,8th place. Yippee.