6 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

2k Sports is slowly coming back into the NFL market.

I think they are currently developing a new NFL game, but it won't be a traditional NFL football simulator because EA still owns the rights for that.

Maybe there's hope on the horizon?

The owners renewed EA until 2025/2026. They honestly dont give a crap. I'm ready for the arcade game 2k has coming though

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Game gonna a be garbo

Still not sure if I like the look of the uniforms, but I like the look of 21's knees here...  

*lists game improvements*   Exactly the same as last year.. trash *** game

56 minutes ago, Macintez said:

Game is going to be garbage. They do not care about the franchise players at all and haven’t for the last two generations. They have used the same engine for last 2 generations as well.

As a now 12 year AAA game developer that also has played Madden since I was 12, this is fairly accurate. I have some friends down there - they definitely need something better than Frostbite. All PS3-era maddens were total garbage, they were worse than PS2. PS4 they finally made franchise mode a little bit better, but I liked when they introduced front loaded/balanced/backloaded contracts, they need to add 5th year options (I've been manually doing the math and editing their contracts for 5th years).

Thank god they added downloadable draft classes, which brought back a lot of the NCAA (buying named rosters on memory cards from ebay) -> Madden magic. There's some really great ones for franchise from 2020 all the way until 2026. But the actual gameplay is crazy, the game never really get more "difficult" just more absurd stuff happens like sacks, tip drill interceptions, impossible deflections, bad AI not covering and more.

What they really need to do is spend 2-3 years to do one on a new engine, basically from scratch, and in the meantime just patch in new rosters entirely while the new ones get made right, in-full. I could re-design franchise mode into god tier for franchise players (always been an offline franchise guy) but they have probably had the same guys doing that for 20 years.

3 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Haha, man you should do a franchise and get Tyreek Hill. As he progresses and gets the "Mossed" x factor, he becomes the greatest madden receiver ever

Tyreek is my favorite receiver in the NFL (off-field stuff aside). Been on my fantasy team every year since his breakout.

I can vouch for what you're saying. Get him on a go or a slant and it's absolutely over.

And we can all but guarantee he'll be an X-Factor in 21 out of the gates, so it will be easier stupider lol.

2 hours ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

As a now 12 year AAA game developer that also has played Madden since I was 12, this is fairly accurate. I have some friends down there - they definitely need something better than Frostbite. All PS3-era maddens were total garbage, they were worse than PS2. PS4 they finally made franchise mode a little bit better, but I liked when they introduced front loaded/balanced/backloaded contracts, they need to add 5th year options (I've been manually doing the math and editing their contracts for 5th years).

Thank god they added downloadable draft classes, which brought back a lot of the NCAA (buying named rosters on memory cards from ebay) -> Madden magic. There's some really great ones for franchise from 2020 all the way until 2026. But the actual gameplay is crazy, the game never really get more "difficult" just more absurd stuff happens like sacks, tip drill interceptions, impossible deflections, bad AI not covering and more.

What they really need to do is spend 2-3 years to do one on a new engine, basically from scratch, and in the meantime just patch in new rosters entirely while the new ones get made right, in-full. I could re-design franchise mode into god tier for franchise players (always been an offline franchise guy) but they have probably had the same guys doing that for 20 years.

Ditto. EA is not willing to invest time into a engine specific to football, which sucks because if you’ve used the same engine for the last 2 generations, imagine the success if you made a good one that actually attributes to being a better product over that span. As far as offline features; MLB the Show has shown me that you can have a sports game with a fun online AND offline component. The best thing about the franchise back in the day was the yearly progression based off performance/stats and mini-camp to get your player better. I do not like how they have progression set on the new Maddens; It’s not interactive enough. Road to the Show does it perfectly but even that was kinda inspired by the superstar modes in the older Maddens. I’m mainly a offline gamer as well, and football is my favorite sport but whenever I buy Madden I don’t play it for more than two months. I just get to see how strong my Falcons get throughout the season. I tell you what, if you ever want to pitch some ideas to EA let me know lol I got a slew of them as well. 

They probably won’t listen.

6 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

2k Sports is slowly coming back into the NFL market.

I think they are currently developing a new NFL game, but it won't be a traditional NFL football simulator because EA still owns the rights for that.

Maybe there's hope on the horizon?

Sadly the league just extended their exclusive contract with EA.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/28/21273960/ea-nfl-madden-games-extend-renew-license-2026

5 hours ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

I know the NFL and NHL series are made by two different development teams but the franchise mode in the NHL series is the best franchise mode I've ever witnessed in a sports game. I hear the NBA 2K franchise mode is great but I've never played the game so I wouldn't know. But in the NHL series the number of options you've got and the way the game progresses into future years is amazing!!

3 hours ago, Macintez said:

Ditto. EA is not willing to invest time into a engine specific to football, which sucks because if you’ve used the same engine for the last 2 generations, imagine the success if you made a good one that actually attributes to being a better product over that span. As far as offline features; MLB the Show has shown me that you can have a sports game with a fun online AND offline component. The best thing about the franchise back in the day was the yearly progression based off performance/stats and mini-camp to get your player better. I do not like how they have progression set on the new Maddens; It’s not interactive enough. Road to the Show does it perfectly but even that was kinda inspired by the superstar modes in the older Maddens. I’m mainly a offline gamer as well, and football is my favorite sport but whenever I buy Madden I don’t play it for more than two months. I just get to see how strong my Falcons get throughout the season. I tell you what, if you ever want to pitch some ideas to EA let me know lol I got a slew of them as well. 

The best Madden's were the early PS2 days when they were competing against NFL 2K. Once 2K went away the gameplay for PS2 went downhill quickly. PS3 was the worst game play I've ever had to deal with. Early PS4 days were better but the last few years, OMG!!! Seriously, check this **** out from Madden 20, WTH? I didn't even finish playing. Took the **** thing back to GameStop.

7 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Either way it's a good thing. EA has been pretty lazy for the last 5 years using the Frostbite system for gameplay. It's outdated and the AI is so inconsistent.

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

The owners renewed EA until 2025/2026. They honestly dont give a crap. I'm ready for the arcade game 2k has coming though

4 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Sadly the league just extended their exclusive contract with EA.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/28/21273960/ea-nfl-madden-games-extend-renew-license-2026

Yeah, the sad thing is that the NFL will keep renewing their license with EA as long as Madden is constantly a top selling game annually.

We consumers will have to stop buying the game on an annual basis and let the Madden franchise sells decline as it nears the time to renegotiate the license agreement again.

I personally haven't bought a Madden game in about 10 years. I have played recent editions over a friend or relative's house, they are all have pretty much been the same game with a few slight tweaks and roster updates.

The Madden name itself just sells at this point. Especially for the younger generations, who don't even know who John Madden is lol. It's like the Jordan brand of video games.

11 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, the sad thing is that the NFL will keep renewing their license with EA as long as Madden is constantly a top selling game annually.

We consumers will have to stop buying the game on an annual basis and let the Madden franchise sells decline as it nears the time to renegotiate the license agreement again.

I personally haven't bought a Madden game in about 10 years. I have played recent editions over a friend or relative's house, they are all have pretty much been the same game with a few slight tweaks and roster updates.

The Madden name itself just sells at this point. Especially for the younger generations, who don't even know who John Madden is lol. It's like the Jordan brand of video games.

Honestly the sales have nothing to do with it. 2k burned a bridge by selling 2k5 for $20 and the owners have held a grudge since. 2k offered more money than EA years ago and the owners turned it down.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Honestly the sales have nothing to do with it. If that was the case 2k would be the only game on the market. 2k burned a bridge by selling 2k5 for $20 and the owners have held a grudge since. 2k offered more money than EA years ago and the owners turned it down.

I actually forgot about 2K selling their game at $20. I even bought 2k5 at that price lol.

Let's hope time will heal all wounds and the NFL will finally start listening to the people. I honestly think the NFL would stand to make much more if a EA vs 2k war returns.

15 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I actually forgot about 2K selling their game at $20. I even bought 2k5 at that price lol.

Let's hope time will heal all wounds and the NFL will finally start listening to the people. I honestly think the NFL would stand to make much more if a EA vs 2k war returns.

Shid its wishful thinking. They opened the door to non sim games so hopefully it leads to something bigger. Hopefully

6 hours ago, Macintez said:

I loved the ps2 mini-camp drills. The RPG style abilities and all of that I hate EXCEPT for the Pro Reads ability that gives Matty 4 more audible routes with a total of 12 routes per receiver slot is freaking nasty. I feel like Peyton Manning out there sending dudes on posts/corners/poco's when they're in 1:1 and tearing it up.

17 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:
9 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Shid its wishful thinking. They opened the door to non sim games so hopefully it leads to something bigger. Hopefully

10 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Git yer sticks out!!

See me on XBOX LIVE! Ranked top 2%. I Only use ATL. LET'S GOOOO!!

11 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The best Madden's were the early PS2 days when they were competing against NFL 2K. Once 2K went away the gameplay for PS2 went downhill quickly. PS3 was the worst game play I've ever had to deal with. Early PS4 days were better but the last few years, OMG!!! Seriously, check this **** out from Madden 20, WTH? I didn't even finish playing. Took the **** thing back to GameStop.

Looks like some of the Falcons defenses I've seen :doh:

2 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

The best jobs you can get in Canada are ones where you get paid in USD. You’re basically getting a 30% raise day one

Dayum. Btw I wasn't trying to come off as aggressive with that initial reply. I'm sure you're smart enough to know that but theres quite a few people who love to flip my words in a bad way