Holy Kaep!

Mister pudding

The problem with Kap is he isn't even a good backup QB let alone a starter; someone tell me a team Kap goes too and makes them better. Backups QBs have a few different types: a spot starter, young developing QB or basically a coach. For us Schaub fills two of those roles and Benkert is developing and maybe could be a spot starter. Kap isn't going to any team and magically become who he was years ago, like no where close. If Matt goes down and we are screwed anyway, what does signing Kap do football wise? The Falcons QB room is set for the moment and signing Kap does literally nothing for us.  Bottomline Kap wasn't that great before and hes basically a pedestrian now.

Edited by quickzero

15 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Cap ain’t playing for the Schaub money but I’d rather have Schaub over Cap period.  Don’t count Benkert out....dude showed some flashes last preseason- pretty decent arm - mobile - size 6’4 220 - accuracy. 

I would rather have Benkert as #2 over Schaub. I like him

1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

Without getting political, would you for the same money rather have Colin Kaepernick as your backup QB over Matt Schaub? I think Atlanta would be a great city to get a fresh start for him and he could be valuable in certain situations and/or trick plays. I say sign the man!

Backup?  Heck, Kap was better than Ryan before  the time off.  He might have a couple of years left...

He turned down a backup role and backup pay years ago. The fact that he hasn’t played in many years and didn’t play well at all before this all happened is often ignored. People get too hung up on the fact that he has a good season or two and played in the SB..that was a long time ago.

i think it is BS he didn’t get a shot back when this all started, but it’s almost impossible to find a case where someone has been out of the league 3+ years and made it back in, especially if they aren’t willing to take a ‘prove it’ contract and job opportunity.

that said, Cam is the one I am surprised hasn’t been signed yet. Must be either because teams can’t perform a physical on him or they know he is too beat up for his contract demands.

7 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Backup?  Heck, Kap was better than Ryan before  the time off.  He might have a couple of years left...

Nah, he wasn’t. Actually, he fell off big time after the SB season. After that year he never had another winning season at QB.

his SB season (2014) was 3200 yards, 21 TDs, 8 INT, 58% completion, 91.6 QBR. He did add a lot rushing that year w 524 yards and 4 TDs rushing. His 2014 season alone was arguably better than Ryan’s, but his body of work wasn’t. Ryan’s worst season he threw for 2900 yds 22TD, 14 INT, 80.9 QBR, but still has 69.4 completion %. (His 2nd year in the league)

Over his last 2 seasons Kaep was under 60% completion. His rushing yards were gone. his teams record w him at QB over his last 2 season was 2-6 (injured) and 1-11. That said, I know a season record isn’t all on a QB, but they all get treated like it is, and we can’t use it selectively.

he hasn’t played since 2016 and hasn’t played well since 2014. Not sure why people think he would be the answer today.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

No way - he has already caused a devision  in the fan bases across the NFL, and beyond! He surely would on any team as well! Would be nothing but a massive publicity wohre seeking a stage to continue on in his social justice mission. 

Let Kaepernick just keep doing Kaepernick and the NFL to move forward without him...and, not adverse to having  just the NFL grant him 36 million and wish him well...as long as he disappears from football. I’d be happy with that! 

On 6/15/2020 at 9:47 PM, Mister pudding said:

Without getting political, would you for the same money rather have Colin Kaepernick as your backup QB over Matt Schaub? I think Atlanta would be a great city to get a fresh start for him and he could be valuable in certain situations and/or trick plays. I say sign the man!

Wanted him as our backup two years ago. Funny how the  narrative about him has changed since then.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Wanted him as our backup two years ago. Funny how the  narrative about him has changed since then.

Look, I watch on TV. I don't watch nor care about the anthem lol. I care about Falcons winning. Use him like Sanu on 3rd and short and trick plays, etc. Matt is an iron man. Schaub turned into a pick 6 machine. It makes sense. I didn't want to bring it up when it was on TAFT because of the politics, but Quinn said he would support his players protesting, which would make Kaepernick even more eager to want to come here. 

5 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

Look, I watch on TV. I don't watch nor care about the anthem lol. I care about Falcons winning. Use him like Sanu on 3rd and short and trick plays, etc. Matt is an iron man. Schaub turned into a pick 6 machine. It makes sense. I didn't want to bring it up when it was on TAFT because of the politics, but Quinn said he would support his players protesting, which would make Kaepernick even more eager to want to come here. 

You and me against the world, puddin’.

Here's the thing. We know that Ryan has one absolute dog**** game a year. We've accepted that. As soon as that game happens if Kap was on the team the entire country would be looking at Atlanta. Our coach is not conditioned for national attention as he has had nothing but softball questions and interviews from local media during tough stretches. Plus the fact Kap hasn't won much the last time he played and hasn't touched an NFL field in three years. Also, what if he signed and looks bad in the preseason and the team cuts him? Pundits would then think we're unfair for not giving him enough time. 

Furthermore, didn't Schaub throw for like 400 yards in the game he started last year?