Don Lemon and Sheriff debate

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Well, I think everyone understands that most blacks are killed by other blacks and most whites are killed by other whites etc.

But can you really argue against the legitimacy of black on black crime?  Black homicides account for 50% of all homicides while the black population makes up about 15% of the American population.

That still doesn't add up.

A population of people who represent 15% of the country's population resulting in 50% of the murders overall seems extremely flawed.

I really question those numbers because they don't logically make sense.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s a real life uncle ruckus

David Clarke is a walking joke.  

Lol @ fake medal guy

9 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

That still doesn't add up.

A population of people who represent 15% of the country's population resulting in 50% of the murders overall seems extremely flawed.

I really question those numbers because they don't logically make sense.

It’s a crazy number for sure, but those are the numbers.  Do You think it’s a conspiracy to make the numbers look that high?  You can’t just say it’s not true because you don’t like the answer.

Additionally, I think a large part of that is due to proximity of living quarters.  When you have a densely populated group like you have in large cities, the interactions increase, thus more crime/violence.  

Edited by Turkeydawg
47 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

It’s a crazy number for sure, but those are the numbers.  Do You think it’s a conspiracy to make the numbers look that high?  You can’t just say it’s not true because you don’t like the answer.

Additionally, I think a large part of that is due to proximity of living quarters.  When you have a densely populated group like you have in large cities, the interactions increase, thus more crime/violence.  

You can't really say that it's true either without doing much of your own homework. The government have used statistics to lie plenty of times during it's existence. Even now with the coronavirus. One of the longest running lies was that Blacks were the biggest welfare cases, that has since been called into question and was proven to be a lie.

The government has done much shady stuff in the past to screw over the black community.

The Tuskegee experiment is one of them.

34 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

White people murder each other all of the time as well. Whites tend to live in many areas where it's just mostly them and are secluded from others.

There are also many poor whites who commit crimes. Out of being about 70% of the countries population, how many of them are poor compared to the actual amount of other races who are poor as well like blacks and Mexicans?

20 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

You can't really say that it's true either without doing much of your own homework. The government have used statistics to lie plenty of times during it's existence. Even now with the coronavirus. One of the longest running lies was that Blacks were the biggest welfare cases, that has since been called into question and was proven to be a lie.

Got it, so you don’t believe the statistics.  

Edited by Turkeydawg
19 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Got it, so you don’t believe the statistics.  

Statistics are supposed to coincide with logic and should actually make sense.

Those statistics just don't add up. A set of people who only represent 15% of the country's overall population just doesn't result in literally 50% of the overall murder rate and more than a population of people who represent 70% of the overall population.

People always cite Chicago's murder rate, but I'm sure there's a lot more killing overall in the rest of America. A good bit of it involves White on white crime as well because they are definitely almost 3/4th's of the nation's population.

Whoever is doing those studies seem to either have an agenda, or is using a limited amount of resources to calculate their numbers.

9 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Statistics are supposed to coincide with logic and should actually make sense.

Those statistics just don't add up. A set of people who only represent 15% of the country's overall population just doesn't result in literally 50% of the overall murder rate and more than a population of people who represent 70% of the overall population.

People always cite Chicago's murder rate, but I'm sure there's a lot more killing overall in the rest of America. A good bit of it involves White on white crime as well because they are definitely almost 3/4th's of the nation's population.

Whoever is doing those studies seem to either have an agenda, or is using a limited amount of resources to calculate their numbers.

Well with that logic, we should discount all statistics.  Or at least the ones we don’t agree with.

And with a city like Chicago, that is run by Democrats, please explain their agenda (to inflate black on black crime), as I would love to hear it.

Edited by Turkeydawg
28 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Well with that logic, we should discount all statistics.  Or at least the ones we don’t agree with.

And with a city like Chicago, that is run by Democrats, please explain their agenda (to inflate black on black crime), as I would love to hear it.

I don't agree with it because it logically doesn't make sense along with the "black on black crime" argument.

When did I say that the city of Chicago have an agenda? They aren't coming up with those questionable numbers about the country's overall murder rate.

What I said was that people love to always cite Chicago(particularly the mostly black areas) as if murder doesn't take place all over the rest of the nation.

It reminds me of the whole thing about blacks and welfare that had "statistics" to supposedly back it up, which has been proven to be a lie.

9 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I don't agree with it because it logically doesn't make sense along with the "black on black crime" argument.

When did I say that the city of Chicago have an agenda? They aren't coming up with those questionable numbers about the countries overall murder rate.

What I said was that people love to always cite Chicago(particularly the mostly black areas) as if murder doesn't take place all over the rest of the nation.

It reminds me of the whole thing about blacks and welfare that had "statistics", which has been proven to be a lie.

So you believe The stats that Chicago makes up roughly 10% of all homicides nationwide, but you think the national homicide numbers are incorrect?  The majority of homicides take place in large cities.  Most large cities are run by Democrats.  What would be their agenda to inflate the black on black crimes, or to deflate the number of white on white crimes?  That is logic that doesn’t make sense!

27 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

So you believe The stats that Chicago makes up roughly 10% of all homicides nationwide, but you think the national homicide numbers are incorrect?  The majority of homicides take place in large cities.  Most large cities are run by Democrats.  What would be their agenda to inflate the black on black crimes, or to deflate the number of white on white crimes?  That is logic that doesn’t make sense!

How much of that 10% from Chicago is supposed to be because of black on black crime? Also, whites make up around 50% of the city of Chicago's population while blacks are about 30%. 

Also, what do Democrats have to do with someone coming up with the murder rate numbers in question? This isn't a Dem vs Rep discussion.

What I'm talking about is that I question the overall murder rate being 50% blacks with blacks only making up only 15% of the overall population of the country. It just doesn't add up.

12 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

How much of that 10% from Chicago is supposed to be because of black on black crime? Also, whites make up around 50% of the city of Chicago's population while blacks are about 30%. 

Also, what do Democrats have to do with someone coming up with the murder rate numbers in question? This isn't a Dem vs Rep discussion.

What I'm talking about is that I question the overall murder rate being 50% blacks with blacks only making up only 15% of the overall population of the country. It just doesn't add up.

Thank you. It smells like agenda driven stat manipulation. 2+2 is 4 not 8.

I didn't know stats could be manipulated till I got deep into electronics engineering. I used to accept stats as the end all be all and the gospel facts of unadulterated truth. 

You must also consider the history of our society painting blacks as the big evil boogeyman. This goes back to slavery when slave revolts and uprisings were quelled. Blacks had to be put in their place. The men had to be emasculated and separated from their families, and the women raped and made to bear the extra-marital children of the plantation owners. If either stepped out of line or rebelled, there was **** to pay along with labeled this big bad evil being.

Then, you must consider the mindframe of those who do such things. They figure to themselves that surely blacks will revolt and seek revenge. The mind of the depraved thinks everyone else thinks like them. 

Bro, I've gotten to the point where I even question "official" government data. I mean, surely the federal government wouldn't do anything to paint black people in a negative light. 

9 hours ago, Halcon-1 said:

Bro, I've gotten to the point where I even question "official" government data. I mean, surely the federal government wouldn't do anything to paint black people in a negative light. 

Most all large cities are run by Democrats.  What would be their agenda to paint black people in a negative light?  

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

I don’t watch Fox News.  I think all politicians just pander to their audience.  

Weird how you’re regurgitating all of its talking points then. 

I’m also assuming you haven’t listened to the Truckers’ last few albums or follow any of them on social media. Probably wouldn’t like them anymore. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Weird how you’re regurgitating all of its talking points then. 

I’m also assuming you haven’t listened to the Truckers’ last few albums or follow any of them on social media. Probably wouldn’t like them anymore. 

Truckers have always been left, Isbell as well.

6 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Most all large cities are run by Democrats.  What would be their agenda to paint black people in a negative light?  

You aren’t that naive. Your premise is shallow. I guess since black voters overwhelmingly vote Democrat that means something material.  tWhat does being a Democrat have to do with being black? 

you are countering Your own arguments You’ve posed in the past. Think about it.

Edited by Halcon-1
3 hours ago, Scrunchomarx said:

I tell you what. Gun ownership and corporate Christianity are the corner stones (along with voting republican) of my white identity. The party of Lincoln will rise again and fly the stars and bars (butt heritage) again!

Yep lol

I never understood the heritage angle that's being used. The Confederacy only lasted 4 years.

By heritage, I wonder do they mean celebrating losing for the past 155 years?