Every year he is 1st or 2nd in yards per route run.  His average  of 2.93 yards per route run ranked first among receivers with at least 200 routes run, and it’s also fifth-highest mark since 2014, with the only player/seasons ahead of him being Julio Jones in 2016, Julio Jones in 2017, Julio Jones in 2015 and A.J. Green in 2014.

I don’t think Julio gets the all-time appreciation he deserves.  To me it’s Rice and Julio.  And if you compare both 9 years into their career it’s Julio in a landslide.  Julio averages 12 more ypg through his first 9 years than Jerry did.

Julio needs to put together 5 more elite years and he may dethrone Rice.  If he averages 1,400 yards for 5 years he will be at 19,500 career yards.  Just 3,000 shy of Rice

32 minutes ago, caponine said:

Not to sound like a ***** but he will never surpass Rice. Its just not going to happen. Cant say Moss either. Put him more on the level of TO but a little bit better. He's a HOF no doubt tho 

Its hard to predict how long he can play for but I reckon he will overtake Moss's yardage.

43 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Its hard to predict how long he can play for but I reckon he will overtake Moss's yardage.

He will surpass Moss yardage midway through his 11th season.  To put it into perspective, Julio nearly has more yards thru 9 seasons than Miss did in 12

Only once in Moss career did he average over 96 ypg in a season.  Julio averages over 96 for his career

Moss had 15,000 yards in 16 seasons.  Julio has 12,500 yards in 9 seasons

4 hours ago, Charles Wright said:

He's a great WR no doubt. The deficiency I see is TD catches. Not happened near enough for his stature.

It’s because Ryan won’t force feed the ball. Julio dictates coverage and Ryan takes what they give him. He threw TDs to like 16 different receivers in 2016 or something absurd like that.

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

It’s because Ryan won’t force feed the ball. Julio dictates coverage and Ryan takes what they give him. He threw TDs to like 16 different receivers in 2016 or something absurd like that.

Yes sir.  Just look at the pic.  Should he force it to Julio or make the East throw to Sanu

rqxc4ujmjq1kmgstxaoa.jpg

If I was building thee ideal professional football player a lot of traits Julio Jones has Is what I’d be having in those ingredients to make that very player.

When it’s said and done 1st ballot HOFer no question.

I like these discussions about who and what because you never ever hear it from the man himself.You’ll hear it from all the guys attaining to reach his height to justify what and how they compare.Not once have I heard our guy mention the whose the best.

What you do hear his stuff like it’s was my day today that’s what the team needed so I delivered.You always hear what’s best for the team before the singular which everyone likes to wax lyrical about.

Julio Jones team winning is the stat that concerns him that’s all.

I hope Julio breaks every yardage receiving record conceivable. He deserves it.   Julio is a unicorn.  He’s got inhuman talent yet also possesses the rare traits of hard work and humility.  You can count on 1 hand the number of elite receivers in NFL history that have ever possessed this ultra rare combination of traits (Rice, Fitzgerald and Megatron would be the others).  I get goose bumps knowing he is a Falcon.

23 hours ago, caponine said:

Not to sound like a ***** but he will never surpass Rice. Its just not going to happen. Cant say Moss either. Put him more on the level of TO but a little bit better. He's a HOF no doubt tho 

Love Julio, but I would still have Rice, Moss and T.O. ahead of him because of TD catches. But he’ll end his HOF career Top 4-5 all time.  

15 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I hope Julio breaks every yardage receiving record conceivable. He deserves it.   Julio is a unicorn.  He’s got inhuman talent yet also possesses the rare traits of hard work and humility.  You can count on 1 hand the number of elite receivers in NFL history that have ever possessed this ultra rare combination of traits (Rice, Fitzgerald and Megatron would be the others).  I get goose bumps knowing he is a Falcon.

Aren’t we glad bengals took AJ Green? No slouch either, but a level below Julio. 

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

Love Julio, but I would still have Rice, Moss and T.O. ahead of him because of TD catches. But he’ll end his HOF career Top 4-5 all time.  

The problem is that once inside the red zone, the Falcons foolishly opt to not use Julio as the X receiver.  This would line him up vs the #1 CB.  Instead they have always used him as a decoy.  As such, when he is targeted, it’s usually into a bracket with lots of congestion

Put Julio at x receiver in the redzone, Dirk.  You can do it 

Good breakdown.  Wish there was a TD assist stat like hockey.  JJ would lead the league by a mile

if you want to see the primary reason Jones doesn't score more often, this touchdown pass from Ryan to Sanu in Week 14 against the New Orleans Saints typifies how Jones is used perhaps most often—as a draw for coverage and a facilitator for single-teamed receivers everywhere he isn't.

1cc68dc5e2237b8219f88eb15403a395_crop_exact.jpg?w=2975&h=2048&q=85NFL Media

Jones is the outside man in a bunch-left formation. When he runs his crosser, he takes safety Marcus Williams (No. 43) and cornerback Ken Crawley (No. 20) with him over the middle.

6f7603fd446ba60a149a1e18b63d351f_crop_exact.jpg?w=2975&h=2048&q=85NFL Media

That leaves Sanu and receiver Justin Hardy (No. 14) with single coverage to the left side—Hardy runs an out cut to the boundary, and Sanu takes cornerback Sterling Moore (No. 24) to the goalpost.

08b68337a5a2cae3bd5fc30d2db5907f_crop_exact.jpg?w=2975&h=2048&q=85NFL Media

Because Sanu does a great job of establishing inside position, it's an easy touchdown—but Jones' work taking two defenders out of the picture is the real difference-maker. This is a functional construct of the Atlanta offense, for better or worse.

On 6/13/2020 at 10:43 AM, caponine said:

He won't pass Rice but he has a darn good shot at passing everyone else if he chooses to play long enough. Fitzgerald if he keeps playing will be tough to pass as well. As you said he is easily in the HOF and will go down somewhere in the top 10 of WRs all-time. So many good ones it's hard to place them anywhere other than Jerry locked in at #1.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe