Dumbest Things Said By Sports Figure

Dumbest Quite By Sports Celebrity  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Pick The Most Ignorant

• Tyson: “I guess I’ll just fade into Bolivia”
    • Fromm: “Only elite white ppl should have a gun, ha ha.”
    • Bill Cowher: “We’re not attempting to circumcise the rules“
    • Carl Everett: “The Bible never says anything about dinosaurs. You can't say there were dinosaurs when you never saw them. Someone actually saw Adam and Eve. No one ever saw a Tyrannosaurus Rex."
    • Andre Dawson: “I want all the kids to copulate me."
    • George Rogers: “I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards—whichever comes first.”
    • Bobby Robson: We didn’t underestimate them. They were a lot better than we thought.”
    • Other: list quote in thread

Jonathan Bernier takes the cake for sure (NHL goalie) while attending a Toronto Raptors event.

Reporter1 (SportsNet mic): Alright Jonathan, how important is the legacy of Nelson Mandela to you?

Jonathan Bernier: Well obviously he’s been a tremendous athlete and you know obviously what he means to all the sports, when you know the world can be changed by sports it’s pretty amazing. And I think he’s definitely got a lot of respect in every sport and he’s definitely one of the athletes I watched growing up as well.

On 6/11/2020 at 4:30 PM, The Artist said:

Fromm takes first prize. Most of the other comments are lack of education. We know what they intended to say. For Fromm to make such a comment, especially at a sensitive time like this shows what years of being the "star quarterback" in a starstruck fame worshipping society can do to a kids perception and ego. Whether it's second amendment or law enforcement I'm not sure where we are headed. god help us.

Not that it matters but his tweets were from over a year ago.  

4 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

Jonathan Bernier takes the cake for sure (NHL goalie) while attending a Toronto Raptors event.

Reporter1 (SportsNet mic): Alright Jonathan, how important is the legacy of Nelson Mandela to you?

Jonathan Bernier: Well obviously he’s been a tremendous athlete and you know obviously what he means to all the sports, when you know the world can be changed by sports it’s pretty amazing. And I think he’s definitely got a lot of respect in every sport and he’s definitely one of the athletes I watched growing up as well.

f***ing goalies

On 6/11/2020 at 4:30 PM, The Artist said:

Fromm takes first prize. Most of the other comments are lack of education. We know what they intended to say. For Fromm to make such a comment, especially at a sensitive time like this shows what years of being the "star quarterback" in a starstruck fame worshipping society can do to a kids perception and ego. Whether it's second amendment or law enforcement I'm not sure where we are headed. god help us.

Not excusing what he said at all, but it is important to remember he is a kid. Hopefully, he takes some time to really think and learns from it. But I’ve seen/heard people twice his age say worse. Including athletes, non-athletes, and including here in TAFT.

Just saying.

"I think anybody that's watching the game in real time, live speed, nobody's going to say that wasn't a penalty. When you slow it down, it looks like he hits me *here* (chest), but I get up and my mouth is bleeding, so I don't know if you get hit in the chest and your mouth bleeds." - Drew Brees on Ahmad Brooks controversial sack of him.

I guess Drew Brees doesn't understand that slow motion shows "reality". That's why they use it on replay calls.  It looks like he hit you in the chest in slow motion, BECAUSE HE DID!!! 😆