Dumbest Things Said By Sports Figure

Dumbest Quite By Sports Celebrity  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Pick The Most Ignorant

• Tyson: “I guess I’ll just fade into Bolivia”
    • Fromm: “Only elite white ppl should have a gun, ha ha.”
    • Bill Cowher: “We’re not attempting to circumcise the rules“
    • Carl Everett: “The Bible never says anything about dinosaurs. You can't say there were dinosaurs when you never saw them. Someone actually saw Adam and Eve. No one ever saw a Tyrannosaurus Rex."
    • Andre Dawson: “I want all the kids to copulate me."
    • George Rogers: “I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards—whichever comes first.”
    • Bobby Robson: We didn’t underestimate them. They were a lot better than we thought.”
    • Other: list quote in thread

9 hours ago, Slimm said:

Lebron James on Hong Kong Protests and Daryl Morey Tweet

"I don’t want to get into a word or sentence feud with Daryl Morey, but I believe he wasn’t educated on the situation at hand, and he spoke, and so many people could have been harmed, not only financially, but physically. Emotionally. Spiritually. So just be careful what we tweet and what we say, and what we do. Even though yes, we do have freedom of speech, but there can be a lot of negative that comes with that too.”

I truly don't understand why people have an issue with this statement. It's spot on. Morey isn't a Chinaman and doesn't have the historical understanding of their struggle nor the intricacies of their laws/customs. There were very many Chinese citizens that were deeply offended by Morey seemingly meddling in their national affairs. We have to understand that they are a sovereign nation and reserve the right to work through their own governmental systems. Morey, as a foreign businessman, was making millions of the government of China is moral enough to speak up for the protesters, but not moral enough to say no to the money he's getting from the government. Seems hypocritical. It's not incumbent upon us as foreigners to tell them what's right and wrong or to even open choose sides in their revolutionary fight. That's a Chinese issue. The idea that Morey is right or that LeBron is obligated to speak on it is beyond laughable. We as Americans have MORE than our fair share of issues. We have no moral authority to tell them what's right or wrong. 

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

Houston Oilers Head Coach Bill Peterson

"You guys line up alphabetically by height."

Bill also gets extra credit for these inspirational words:

"Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl."

ROLLED!

GO FALCONS!

Yogi Berra was famous for one liners. Pretty good catcher too. 

1. "When you come to a fork in the road.... take it."
  3. "You can observe a lot by just watching."
  5. "It ain't over till it's over."
  7. "We made too many wrong mistakes."
  9. "No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded."
  11. "I always thought the record would stand until it was broken."
  13. "Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too."
  15. "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
  17. "Pair up in threes."
  19. "You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there."
  21. "The future ain’t what it used to be."
  23. "I usually take a two-hour nap from 1 to 4."
  25. "If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be."
  27. "You don’t have to swing hard to hit a home run. If you got the timing, it’ll go."
  29. "Ninety percent of the game is half mental."
  31. "Never answer an anonymous letter."
  33. "Why buy good luggage? You only use it when you travel."
  35. "Take it with a grin of salt.”
  37. "It gets late early out here."
  39. "I never said most of the things I said."

22 hours ago, DirtyBird2 said:

Ive always questioned this one, maybe its just me... When I hear someone say this I take it as if they have turned their lives around "Completely" (to complete a circle, it must go 360 degrees). 

Dont worry, i got my helmet and flame suit on

No flaming.  You are correct in saying it is a complete turn around.   The problem is you end up in the same place you started.   If you are trying to change your path - you don't want to end up going the same way.

For someone to go from one extreme to the other, then they'd make a 180 degree turn - which takes them in a completely different direction.

Fromm takes first prize. Most of the other comments are lack of education. We know what they intended to say. For Fromm to make such a comment, especially at a sensitive time like this shows what years of being the "star quarterback" in a starstruck fame worshipping society can do to a kids perception and ego. Whether it's second amendment or law enforcement I'm not sure where we are headed. god help us.

On 6/10/2020 at 11:19 AM, NaGaBoy said:

Emmit Smith.  I think the team made him the escape goat.

Yogi Bera.  When you get to the fork in the road, take it. 

Mike Ditka.  We knew who they were.  We knew who they were.  And, we let them off the hook anyway.  We knew who they were.

Jim Mora Sr.  Playoffs?  Playoffs?  Don't ask me about playoffs.

John McKay when asked about his teams execution; "I am in favor of it."

Peerless Price.  We cannot catch the ball well because it is spinning in the wrong direction.

Unknown Falcon coach.  A thing has to die to live.

Jim Mora Jr.. Pretty much everything he said.

Kill the whole team 😂

On 6/10/2020 at 11:28 PM, MD-FalconFan13 said:

I truly don't understand why people have an issue with this statement. It's spot on. Morey isn't a Chinaman and doesn't have the historical understanding of their struggle nor the intricacies of their laws/customs. There were very many Chinese citizens that were deeply offended by Morey seemingly meddling in their national affairs. We have to understand that they are a sovereign nation and reserve the right to work through their own governmental systems. Morey, as a foreign businessman, was making millions of the government of China is moral enough to speak up for the protesters, but not moral enough to say no to the money he's getting from the government. Seems hypocritical. It's not incumbent upon us as foreigners to tell them what's right and wrong or to even open choose sides in their revolutionary fight. That's a Chinese issue. The idea that Morey is right or that LeBron is obligated to speak on it is beyond laughable. We as Americans have MORE than our fair share of issues. We have no moral authority to tell them what's right or wrong. 

The reason people take issue with it is because Lebron is only saying this because China was threatining to cut ties with the NBA which is billions of dollars in business.  Lebron isn't concerned about human rights, just his wallet.  China is a communist country and known human rights violator, and people who live in Hong Kong (which used to be a british territory) are not under rule of the Chinese government.  They have their own judiciary system and legal system.  China is trying to take away these peoples freedom. In fact, the Prime Minister of the UK (Boris Johnson) declared on June 3rd that he was offering refuge and a path to citizenship to 3 million Hong Kongers.  

Hong Kong people do not consider themselves apart of China.  

If you actually think that America has more issues than China, than you should try reading up on some world history bro

3 hours ago, Slimm said:

The reason people take issue with it is because Lebron is only saying this because China was threatining to cut ties with the NBA which is billions of dollars in business.  Lebron isn't concerned about human rights, just his wallet.  China is a communist country and known human rights violator, and people who live in Hong Kong (which used to be a british territory) are not under rule of the Chinese government.  They have their own judiciary system and legal system.  China is trying to take away these peoples freedom. In fact, the Prime Minister of the UK (Boris Johnson) declared on June 3rd that he was offering refuge and a path to citizenship to 3 million Hong Kongers.  

Hong Kong people do not consider themselves apart of China.  

If you actually think that America has more issues than China, than you should try reading up on some world history bro

How do you know that to be true? He answered a question he was asked. Not his fault Morey made that post. And LeBron has shown through actions that he cares about Americans! He has no obligation to China. He doesn't make his money from them, that's the NBA. Furthermore America has it's own plethora of human rights violations to account for without ever needing to be concerned with China's. I never said America has MORE, just that it has enough to worry about its own. We aren't the world morality police. America still hasn't paid reparations to descendants of slavery and is still occupying Iraq after admitting to lying about WMDs and giving rise to Islamic terrorists factions. We have our own mistakes to correct before speaking on Chinas. 

And furthermore, how is Morey not 10 times more hypocritical than Bron? The  Rockets were the #1 Jersey sellers and made millions directly from China. There's a clear money trail from China to the Houston Rockets franchise. Yet more still cashes his paychecks. Where's the outrage for the guy that started this? Bron simply said correctly that Morey should think before talking or using his platform for people/causes he's not familiar with.