• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Baltimore is gonna regret not giving him a real chance  

I have said from the beginning.    Hurst is more of a pure weapon at Tight End than Hooper.      Obviously Hoop was in a better system in ATL with less competition for touches.   If Hurst can stay hea

I loved it from the jump. Gonna be a great replacement

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Baltimore is gonna regret not giving him a real chance

I was very like warm on the trade at first but after listening to him talk and doing a bit more deep dive into him.....He may be the key pick up.

Having a seam busting TE to go with the outside threats that we have will make it so so hard to defend us as long as the oline gives Matt some time.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

I was very like warm on the trade at first but after listening to him talk and doing a bit more deep dive into him.....He may be the key pick up.

Having a seam busting TE to go with the outside threats that we have will make it so so hard to defend us as long as the oline gives Matt some time.

I loved it from the jump. Gonna be a great replacement

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

This...without time all these weapons will mean nothing. I for one think the oline will be adequate, I dont think they will be world beaters but they will be good enough.

I have said from the beginning.    Hurst is more of a pure weapon at Tight End than Hooper.      Obviously Hoop was in a better system in ATL with less competition for touches.   If Hurst can stay healthy, I don't think anyone will miss Hoop.    Also believe Browns will regret the amount of money they are paying Hoop.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

They mean something if Dirk learns to adjust and get the ball out of Matt's hands quick. 

To be fair...Dirk actually tried.. especially later in the year.

The second saints game Ryan took 3 to 4 sacks on plays designed to be quick hitting  plays...hot routes and screens etc.

And there were other through out the year that Ryan had quick reads open but did not pull the trigger.

I suspect in similar circumstances Ryan will pull the trigger on those cases.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

The second saints game Ryan took 3 to 4 sacks on plays designed to be quick hitting  plays...hot routes and screens etc.

And there were other through out the year that Ryan had quick reads open but did not pull the trigger.

That's the thing. He did it far to late. I was hoping for short to mid range alot earlier in the season. Biggest problem on the line was Lindstrom being out and McGary getting welcomed into the NFL. Hopefully growth came from it

9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's the thing. He did it far to late. I was hoping for short to mid range alot earlier in the season. Biggest problem on the line was Lindstrom being out and McGary getting welcomed into the NFL. Hopefully growth came from it

He did it early too....but either way the hope is that year 2 everyone will be on the same page and some of the communication issues.... Across the board are fixed.

50 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

That’s true of every QB in the league.  They all miss reads on a weekly basis.  Bottom line, Dirk didn’t play to the strengths of the offense last year.  The offense was clunky and lacked explosion all year.  For us to make a run, Dirk must expand his mindset and improve as a coordinator in a big way.  Fingers crossed.

17 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

That’s true of every QB in the league.  They all miss reads on a weekly basis.  Bottom line, Dirk didn’t play to the strengths of the offense last year.  The offense was clunky and lacked explosion all year.  For us to make a run, Dirk must expand his mindset and improve as a coordinator in a big way.  Fingers crossed.

Not of QB's of Matt's caliber.

The strength of the  offense was the passing game....and will continue to be the passing game..DK put the ball in Matt's hands to get the ball to Julio,Ridley, Sanu and Hooper's hands.

The offense certainly had its frustrating moments but that does not all fall on DK.....no matter how much the fans want to put everything on him.

11 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He is the only athletic TE he has ever played with....lol 

Obviously the Underwear Olympics don't tell the whole story, but for what it's worth, an argument can be made that Tamme was actually a better athlete than Hurst.

Tamme -vs- Hurst Combine results

Jacob Tamme: 4.61
Hayden Hurst: 4.67

10 yard split
Tamme: 1.59
Hurst: 1.63

20 yard shuttle
Tamme: 4.27
Hurst: 4.37

Three cone
Tamme: 6.99
Hurst: 7.19

Vertical
Tamme: 30"
Hurst: 31.5"

Broad Jump
Tamme: 109"
Hurst: did not do this drill at combine

Bench
Tamme: 18 reps

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, k-train said:

Obviously the Underwear Olympics don't tell the whole story, but for what it's worth, an argument can be made that Tamme was actually a better athlete than Hurst.

Tamme -vs- Hurst Combine results

Jacob Tamme: 4.61
Hayden Hurst: 4.67

10 yard split
Tamme: 1.59
Hurst: 1.63

20 yard shuttle
Tamme: 4.27
Hurst: 4.37

Three cone
Tamme: 6.99
Hurst: 7.19

Vertical
Tamme: 30"
Hurst: 31.5"

Broad Jump
Tamme: 109"

Bench
Tamme: 18 reps

Jacob Tamme was in his 30's and almost in the league for 10 years before joining the Falcons. Hurst is still in his prime and he put those combine numbers up weighing 250-260. I think Tamme was 220-230 back during his combine.

Edited by MilleniumFalcon
2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Just give the man an OL and he’ll make Dirk and Hurst shine

5 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Just give the man an OL and he’ll make Dirk and Hurst shine

He has to do his part.

And I am not knocking Matt...he is still a fantastic QB and I  extreamly thankful that he is our QB.

BUT he had moments where the play call was there but he for what ever reason did not execute it...and those moments came at important times.

He took sacks when guys were open and was slow to pull the trigger when things were there.

He needs the help the line as much as the line needs to block.

It is a 5 way Street :)

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

He has to do his part.

And I am not knocking Matt...he is still a fantastic QB and I  extreamly thankful that he is our QB.

BUT he had moments where the play call was there but he for what ever reason did not execute it...and those moments came at important times.

He took sacks when guys were open and was slow to pull the trigger when things were there.

He needs the help the line as much as the line needs to block.

It is a 5 way Street :)

Yea maybe so... he’s only had a really good OL less than half the time is my point. As good as he’s been the OL has been a huge weakness for the most part since he got here

58 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Jacob Tamme was in his 30's and almost in the league for 10 years before joining the Falcons. Hurst is still in his prime and he put those combine numbers up weighing 250-260. I think Tamme was 220-230 back during his combine.

Thats what i was going to point out.. Tamme was in his 230s.... Hurst is in his 250s....