"Top Billin" haters, get in here!! QUICK!!!

2 hours ago, red falcon said:

I had no idea they were using their hands to get into position, I thought they were just simple jamming to slow the route. Wish I knew that playing corner in high school. My coaches were terrible they just wanted us to hit each other hard lol.

Those bum coaches probably cost you a scholarship.

14 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

:slick:          :slick:

"Milk is chillin', Giz is chillin' What more can I say? Top billin' That's what we get, got it good"  That was my Joint back in the day.

I saw a lot of good things with Oliver in the second half of the season. So i'm excited to see what Raheem can do with the secondary from start to finish.

22 hours ago, red falcon said:

I had no idea they were using their hands to get into position, I thought they were just simple jamming to slow the route. Wish I knew that playing corner in high school. My coaches were terrible they just wanted us to hit each other hard lol.

The real question is was your team actually any good with that type of coaching? No telling what else they were teaching wrong

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

The real question is was your team actually any good with that type of coaching? No telling what else they were teaching wrong

Haha. We made it to the playoffs every year I was there, only to be destroyed by other 5a programs in the northern part of Ga. 

9 hours ago, slick0ne said:

"Milk is chillin', Giz is chillin' What more can I say? Top billin' That's what we get, got it good"  That was my Joint back in the day.

I saw a lot of good things with Oliver in the second half of the season. So i'm excited to see what Raheem can do with the secondary from start to finish.

I love looking back on these old music videos. Always good for a chuckle. 

to your point, this was a great song, always stop the radio if it’s on to this day.

8 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I played in the 60s.  If you touched the receiver before the ball got there you were getting the flag.  We were taught to watch the belt buckle.  Remember the D ring buckles?  The guy could shake and shimmy above the waist, but when that belt buckle swung in a new direction, that was where the receiver was going to try to run.  It worked most of the time. 

Something else that was different.  If the receiver had the ball in his hands, we were not taught to reach for it.  We hit him as hard as possible, jarring him, and then if we had both arms around him, we tried to grab his forearms and spread them.  I know it worked.  I caused a few drops using that technique.  You rip a guys arms down and behind him and he is not hanging on to that ball.