Posted (edited)

Thanks for sharing AG. Prime was one of if not the greatest Falcon ever. Back in the days of the Smith family the team would not pay that kind of money for a player. I believe PT wanted to stay in Atl and he's genuinely thanking those guys for allowing him to soar which he did. I give him a thumbs up for thanking those guys to allow him go to a better place with an opportunity to win a championship.

And I'll note...we all should do exactly what he said by thanking someone that's been instrumental in our life - parent - friend - coach - teacher - boss - whoever. I always try to let those who have helped me along the way know how much I appreiciate them. One of my biggest regret's was not taking the time (young and too caught up in the busy world) to go see my former boss before he passed away. I learned so much from him and regret not letting him know how I really felt. In today's world there's so much hate - greed - selfishness and those who expect entitlement.

Prime Falcon HOF is right and has matured so much since first coming to the Falcons as a rookie in '89 and has grown into a really good person.....quite colorful to say the least. I'll never forget his first game against the Rams when he returned his first punt for a TD in Fulton Cty Stadium. The place was going nuts......he was so nervous he fumbled the ball pick it up and darted 67 yds to pay dirt. Absolutely awesome!!!!!

Edited by Atl Falcon
12 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Prime Falcon HOF is right and has matured so much since first coming to the Falcons as a rookie in '89 and has grown into a really good person.....quite colorful to say the least.

I had the same thoughts.  As much as I liked the player, I wondered about the man because of his show boating.  But, I just watched a mature, spiritual, faithful, and grateful man who knows his place in the world.  This is something we all need.

4 hours ago, Hibachi said:

Prime had one too many Corona last night!

11...we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

12  And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

13  Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

The vid title was a bit misleading...

I remember in the mid 80's when the Falcons were beyond horrible and talking with my dad about the team.  He told me as long as the Smiths owned the team they would never have continued success...a luck season here or there but that would be it.  He explained they didn't care about how good the team did...just the status of owning one.  Seems pretty dead on after hearing the truth about Deion.  After he left at the end of the 93 season, I assumed it was because he just wanted more money.  How wrong I was.

4 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Oh boy! This is gonna be a good'un!!

I believe we all can look back upon our past and see God's fingerprints on our path; I know I can. We don't always see the big picture. I have no explanation for the horrors that have existed ( 6 million jews killed in WW2); 9/11; useless wars like nam; man's general brutality to man. I only know that my God is real and my faith is strong. Someday we may realize the why for the bad. But even in the midst of the bad, there is blessing found. 

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

Not gonna lie ... I love me some PrimeTime. I really hated to see him go, but he has a valid point ... we were a joke back then. As much fun as that 91 team was we were never going back to that.

Breaking my heart to see that Deion is now a graybeard though :)

What's even more annoying is looking back at most of our drafts back then. We had top 5 picks, and somehow found a way to get rid of them. Blank helped us become relevant. 

While I appreciate the message. He says "You should thank them because if it wasn't for them you wouldn't be where you are". The only problem is, where you are is subjective, assuming everyone is in a good place and where they are is a better place is wrong. In my case Thank You would not be the proper response, it would be the exact opposite. The message should be "Don't complain too much because your situation could always be worse, make your choices wisely".  JMO..... 

19 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Who’s gonna tell him they were just too cheap to keep him lol

I like the glass half full attitude tho

They weren’t cheap, they just like spending their money on old retreads, than great young controversial talent. 

The Smith’s were world famous for mismanaging this organization. 

As bumbling and stumbling as the Smiths were, I think they couldn’t handle the spot light that Deion brought with him. 

The Falcons were looked at differently once Deion played his first game (who could forget that punt return). 

it was simply too much for them to handle the 2 way playing night life style that Deion brought to the team. 

I can absolutely say that had Blank owned the team at that time, Deion would have gotten the ‘Falcon for life’ monicker.

Edited by Emmitt
23 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

The Falcons broke his heart. He has carried this for a very long time.

Did the Falcons brass at that time ever do any m***** f****** thing other than break people's hearts? Nope. The worst ownership in the history of professional sports for too many miserable years. "THANK YOU" Rankin, Taylor and Herock, for absolutely nothing.