• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since it's completely dead here I figured I would revisit this thread I made 5 years ago. There have been more people join the board and new lurkers. Come in and tell everyone about yourself. Here's t

Start at 1:24, look bottom right, black shirt  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/media/lawrence-jones-cpac-attendees-democrats-coronavirus.amp  

Posted Images

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Since it's completely dead here I figured I would revisit this thread I made 5 years ago. There have been more people join the board and new lurkers. Come in and tell everyone about yourself. Here's the link to the original thread below if you want to take time and revisit

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4023102-meet-the-poster/

And please no one be weirdos and use other people's photos from that thread or this thread if someone chooses to post. That very thing happened in that thread. 

But here's an update of my family. And it was hot that day at Disney. kma

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

Beautiful family 👍

1 minute ago, Charles Wright said:

Oh my gawd, and I was warming up to you! lol It's not the 1st time thats been said. Rather have his money!

LOL, do you have any lady friends you can hang out with now bud?  When my mother passed, my dad managed to keep company & do things with a lady or two.  

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

LOL, do you have any lady friends you can hang out with now bud?  When my mother passed, my dad managed to keep company & do things with a lady or two.  

Lol, man I'm 75 yrs old, about all I can do is help em across the street. They still turn my head tho; I ain't dead yet!

1 hour ago, Charles Wright said:

I feel your grief Tandy. Just lost my wife of 45 yrs in Jan. It's the toughest thing I've been through. I tell everyone I'm around, tell your loved ones you love them. They can be gone in a moment.

You are right.  Unless you've been through it - you can't grasp the depth or the isolation you feel.  Even when the world around you is going on as normal, you find yourself stuck in this warped reality which can switch from smiling at something your grandchildren do to gut wrenching sobs in the blink of an eye.  I've been through painful loss and grief before, but this is something I don't even know how to describe.  

I do go to a spouse only grief counseling group - and it helps to know I'm not really going insane, I'm just grieving.  Just, lol.

So for my pic - I think I'll share one of my husband - in his new spot in the Falcon room.   Right next to the window he loved to look out.   My great granddaughters pick him flowers every day (the little yellow field clover in the left corner) and I have one of his favorite caps on it.    I was a little hesitant to share it, I know not everyone can quite understand - but I feel happy having him there - and I think he'd like it.

103573554_10220511623573476_224935350215

7 minutes ago, Tandy said:

You are right.  Unless you've been through it - you can't grasp the depth or the isolation you feel.  Even when the world around you is going on as normal, you find yourself stuck in this warped reality which can switch from smiling at something your grandchildren do to gut wrenching sobs in the blink of an eye.  I've been through painful loss and grief before, but this is something I don't even know how to describe.  

I do go to a spouse only grief counseling group - and it helps to know I'm not really going insane, I'm just grieving.  Just, lol.

So for my pic - I think I'll share one of my husband - in his new spot in the Falcon room.   Right next to the window he loved to look out.   My great granddaughters pick him flowers every day (the little yellow field clover in the left corner) and I have one of his favorite caps on it.    I was a little hesitant to share it, I know not everyone can quite understand - but I feel happy having him there - and I think he'd like it.

103573554_10220511623573476_224935350215

He was obviously a hard and fast Falcon fan to have a special room! I feel so small now lol

1 minute ago, Charles Wright said:

He was obviously a hard and fast Falcon fan to have a special room! I feel so small now lol

Well to be fair - the room is pretty much mine and always was.   I gave him a very small part of it for his 49ers when he was a fan, but he definitely ended up a true Falcon fan - it just took me more than  30 years to get him there (lol).   

But, he always loved the room even after I slowly un-49er'ed any part of it and for the last 10 - 15 years - he was truly Falcon-ized.   

Some of y’all should post more & not be such a lurker 🤣

Ya_boi is bringing us all together here as we should be.  It’s up to us to all come together right now & NOT be distracted by those who are doing satan’s work to keep us divided into races.

Our pastor broke down preaching yesterday & preached right through his tears.  Tonight my wife & I will be attending a church service at an all black church to show our love & solidarity.  

Despite my being such a grouchy ******* half the time :ninja:

3 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

It’s a traditional Ethiopian linen dinner shirt. I cannot pronounce the right word lol...my gracious host actually gave me that...it is a great shirt

If it's not too much to ask, why were you in Ethiopia & where all within the country did you go?

As a photographer & lover of exploring different cultures & landscapes, I've been wanting to visit for some time now... specifically to the salt flats & the Danakil Depression near the Eritrean border.

I'm also a HUGE far of Ethiopian cuisine.

12 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Some of y’all should post more & not be such a lurker 🤣

Ya_boi is bringing us all together here as we should be.  It’s up to us to all come together right now & NOT be distracted by those who are doing satan’s work to keep us divided into races.

Our pastor broke down preaching yesterday & preached right through his tears.  Tonight my wife & I will be attending a church service at an all black church to show our love & solidarity.  

Despite my being such a grouchy ******* half the time :ninja:

Well said. Sad some choose not to participate in something like this that’s peaceful but will be fast to look for something to argue with someone about. To each their own though. I don’t mind being part of the solution