Jump to content

Deion Jones on Dante Fowler: Love his 'dog mentality' on the edge


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

If a man who was hired as head coach based on his defensive acumen can't be trusted with any part of the defense, what good is he? What does he bring to the table?

  • Discipline? No.
  • A sound basis of fundamentals? No
  • Brilliant adjustments? No.
  • Masterful in-game management? No
  • Basic game clock management? No.
  • Peerless leadership? No.
  • Insightful and rigorous preparation? No.

So what is it then? What exactly is Cowardly Clueless Quinn providing for us? If anything, last season's turnaround should have given impetus to firing CCQ and hiring Raheem Morris or Dan Ulbricht: the real and actual reasons behind the pointless (yet enjoyable) surge.

Point taken.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

If a man who was hired as head coach based on his defensive acumen can't be trusted with any part of the defense, what good is he? What does he bring to the table?

  • Discipline? No.
  • A sound basis of fundamentals? No
  • Brilliant adjustments? No.
  • Masterful in-game management? No
  • Basic game clock management? No.
  • Peerless leadership? No.
  • Insightful and rigorous preparation? No.

So what is it then? What exactly is Cowardly Clueless Quinn providing for us? If anything, last season's turnaround should have given impetus to firing CCQ and hiring Raheem Morris or Dan Ulbricht: the real and actual reasons behind the pointless (yet enjoyable) surge.

A leader of men.

Thats what everyone in the building is saying from the top to bottom.

Any Coward worth a penny can see and hear that messaging coming out of the branch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Vandy said:

I’m not a Quinn fan these days either....frankly haven’t been since he choked in not overruling his OC’s poor situational play calling in those fateful last few minutes SB 51 after The Julio catch.....

but with that being said, these players never quit on him, no matter how bad a season is going. And that’s an element of leadership not seen in pro sports or anywhere else these days. So I Disagree he’s not a good leader.  

Bump

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Vandy said:

I’m not a Quinn fan these days either....frankly haven’t been since he choked in not overruling his OC’s poor situational play calling in those fateful last few minutes SB 51 after The Julio catch.....

but with that being said, these players never quit on him, no matter how bad a season is going. And that’s an element of leadership not seen in pro sports or anywhere else these days. So I Disagree he’s not a good leader.  

You of all people know I WAS Quinn’s biggest cheerleader.  Now I am certainly on the other side of the fence.  Completely agree he CAN get the best out of his guys.  But if he is anything, his coaching is consistently inconsistent.  Is it because his team’s play is based on pure emotion?  I don’t have an answer to that question.  He needs to put together two full season of excellent coaching for me to get fully on is wagon again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2020 at 8:06 PM, Roanoke Falcon said:

Not true.

New coach.

Always liked DQ but was in favor of jettisoning him at mid point last season but they played better and I was numb by season's end.   I would have still been fine with them searching for a new coach (I wanted to keep TD tho) but glad they kept him now.  With as f'd up as 2020 has been, give me that continuity that Mr. Blank was talking about.   A new coach coming in would likely not bode well this season.

Edited by Monolith2001
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

You of all people know I WAS Quinn’s biggest cheerleader.  Now I am certainly on the other side of the fence.  Completely agree he CAN get the best out of his guys.  But if he is anything, his coaching is consistently inconsistent.  Is it because his team’s play is based on pure emotion?  I don’t have an answer to that question.  He needs to put together two full season of excellent coaching for me to get fully on is wagon again.

I know, my man.

There does seem to be a greater sense of urgency this offseason at Flowery Branch. Hope that message sinks in with the HC. Because if not, he’s gone baby, gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2020 at 4:15 PM, kiwifalcon said:

A leader of men.

Thats what everyone in the building is saying from the top to bottom.

Any Coward worth a penny can see and hear that messaging coming out of the branch.

The people in the building HAVE to say supportive crap. It's their JOB to circle the wagons. The reality is that Cowardly Clueless Quinn shirked all responsibility for the 2018 decline, dumped all of the blame onto his coordinators, fired them to save his own worthless hide, then proceeded to show everyone just how incompetent he really is. It was ONLY ue to Raheem Morris' and Jeff Ulbrich's talents and leadership that the Falcons started playing NFL-caliber football.

MORRIS and ULBRICH  were the true leaders. Cowardly Clueless Quinn is assuming credit for their efforts, just like he rode Marquand Manuel before firing him.

In 2016, our Defense was 27th in scoring allowed, 25th in yards allowed, 17th in rushing yards allowed, and 28th in passing yards allowed.

In 2017, under Marquand Manuel, the defense improved to 8th in scoring allowed, 9th in yards allowed, 9th in rushing yards allowed, and 12th in passing yards allowed.

In 2018, we had 7 starters miss significant time, so the defense suffered accordingly.

In 2019, the defense was healthy, yet under Quinn's "coordination", the defense fell completely off the NFL radar. Our special teams also tanked under new "leadership".

A real man, a real LEADER of men, would have assumed responsibility for hiring "Whiskey" Sarkesian,, stood up for Marquand Manuel, showed Blank the defense's improvement, fired "Whiskey" Sarkesian, and moved on. He didn't do that. He allowed a qualified and capable assistant he had known and worked with for years on multiple teams to be saddled with blame and unceremoniously fired.

You listen to words. I judge actions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it Morris and Ulbrich both have mentioned many a time Quinn even after the disaster the first half came in and fought with them to find answers.

How is Quinn not a leader.

Actions how is it if Quinn had zero leadership ability the players fought for him and if he had zero of what you speak of why for 1.AB says he’s a leader of men Rich McKay echoed that mentioned with TD.

If he had no leadership ability AB and the powers that be fire this guy well and truely.

See for me if you ask me he’s made mistakes there’s no mistaking that but thats learning curve of being a 1st time HC.

Thee only COWARDLY CLUELESS person is yourself for coming on a MB posting some faceless rant of which you’d never personally say to the guy you mentioned face.

To me that’s COWARD stuff right there.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

1) Why is it Morris and Ulbrich both have mentioned many a time Quinn even after the disaster the first half came in and fought with them to find answers.

2) How is Quinn not a leader.

Actions how is it if Quinn had zero leadership ability the players fought for him and if he had zero of what you speak of why for 1.AB says he’s a leader of men Rich McKay echoed that mentioned with TD.

3) If he had no leadership ability AB and the powers that be fire this guy well and truely.

4) See for me if you ask me he’s made mistakes there’s no mistaking that but thats learning curve of being a 1st time HC.

5) Thee only COWARDLY CLUELESS person is yourself for coming on a MB posting some faceless rant of which you’d never personally say to the guy you mentioned face.

To me that’s COWARD stuff right there.

 

1) Because he is still their boss. Even if not, their careers would be over if they sniped at him publicly. They have to say happy-shiny things about everyone. That's why it is shocking on the rare occasions when a player dishes real in the press.

2) I have explained this over and over. I'm sorry if you ate too many lead-paint chips to be able to understand me.

3) First: is that sentence written in code? Were you posting while intoxicated? But in response to what I believe you were trying to say, Arthur Blank was very wrong to not fire Quinn at the bye. He was amazingly wrong to not fire him and to elevate either Raheem Morris or Jeff Ulbrich to Head Coach and the other one to DC. Then let the new HC hire a WCO-based offensive coach, since Matt's best statistical performances came in a WCO.

4) He was a first-time head coach FIVE FRIKKING YEARS AGO!!! He's still learning the basics FIVE FRIKKING YEARS LATER?!!? That argument had more holes than a juice strainer. His team still has poor discipline too many penalties), poor fundamentals (lousy tackling), and he still has exhibited a poor ability to manage the game clock. These are basic fundamentals that a high school coach should have a handle on. And yet, FIVE FRIKKING YEARS LATER he's still struggling.

5) And yet you haven't said a word to my face. It's almost like people communicate electronically via an internet message board or something! I know--- crazy-talk, right? We are all supposed to fly across the country to say things instead of typing messages on a message board. Amirite?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2020 at 5:15 PM, kiwifalcon said:

A leader of men.

Thats what everyone in the building is saying from the top to bottom.

Any Coward worth a penny can see and hear that messaging coming out of the branch.

Yep, it is BS for folks to call Q a coward regardless of his coaching shortcomings. Nobody knows what was said and who took accountability behind closed doors. Not sure where people have come up w that absurd label for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

1) Because he is still their boss. Even if not, their careers would be over if they sniped at him publicly. They have to say happy-shiny things about everyone. That's why it is shocking on the rare occasions when a player dishes real in the press.

2) I have explained this over and over. I'm sorry if you ate too many lead-paint chips to be able to understand me.

3) First: is that sentence written in code? Were you posting while intoxicated? But in response to what I believe you were trying to say, Arthur Blank was very wrong to not fire Quinn at the bye. He was amazingly wrong to not fire him and to elevate either Raheem Morris or Jeff Ulbrich to Head Coach and the other one to DC. Then let the new HC hire a WCO-based offensive coach, since Matt's best statistical performances came in a WCO.

4) He was a first-time head coach FIVE FRIKKING YEARS AGO!!! He's still learning the basics FIVE FRIKKING YEARS LATER?!!? That argument had more holes than a juice strainer. His team still has poor discipline too many penalties), poor fundamentals (lousy tackling), and he still has exhibited a poor ability to manage the game clock. These are basic fundamentals that a high school coach should have a handle on. And yet, FIVE FRIKKING YEARS LATER he's still struggling.

5) And yet you haven't said a word to my face. It's almost like people communicate electronically via an internet message board or something! I know--- crazy-talk, right? We are all supposed to fly across the country to say things instead of typing messages on a message board. Amirite?

I don’t go round calling people cowards on a MB.Im calling you out on it because I know you wouldn’t go to a a given place and say it to his face.

 I’m not wired that way.Im a man of my word what I write here I’d have zero problems having a face to face with a person swapping opinions.

 Yes 5 years in a coach can still be learning lessons they just manifest themselves in different guises.

As for code I don’t know what your on about it’s quite plain and simple what I’ve written there.

End of the day it’s powder piss weak calling a man what you did on a MB weak.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 11:26 PM, Roanoke Falcon said:

 

MORRIS and ULBRICH  were the true leaders. Cowardly Clueless Quinn is assuming credit for their efforts, just like he rode Marquand Manuel before firing him.

 

Let’s see who the real coward is here. Why don’t you go tell Quinn that to his face? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

1) I don’t go round calling people cowards on a MB.Im calling you out on it because I know you wouldn’t go to a a given place and say it to his face.

2) I’m not wired that way.Im a man of my word what I write here I’d have zero problems having a face to face with a person swapping opinions.

3) Yes 5 years in a coach can still be learning lessons they just manifest themselves in different guises.

4) As for code I don’t know what your on about it’s quite plain and simple what I’ve written there.

5) End of the day it’s powder piss weak calling a man what you did on a MB weak.

1) I live in frikking Texas. Even IF travel wasn't extremely restricted, traveling half-way across the country to call CCQ a coward to his face would be indicative of a deranged stalker psychosis. Besides, even if I risked travel in a COVID environment--- even if I went to a city I've never been in, and went to a practice, what are the odds that security would let me walk up to him? Your expectation is idiotic and ridiculous.

2) Let's reverse it: how about you come to Texas and we can share face to face opinions of each other? That's equally silly.

3) After 5 years, adjusting one's system to adapt to talent, or to counter new trends by opponents is one thing. But after 5 FRIKKING YEARS the coach still hasn't learned the basics of preparation, instilling discipline, teaching and enforcing basic fundamentals, or how to manage the game clock? That's pathetic and clueless.

4) Your comment was so horribly structured that I couldn't really tell what you were trying to say, so I hazarded a guess. But hey! It's not like you had an intelligent, cogent point anyway, so no loss.

5) End of the day, your posts are sad, silly, and ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

1) I live in frikking Texas. Even IF travel wasn't extremely restricted, traveling half-way across the country to call CCQ a coward to his face would be indicative of a deranged stalker psychosis. Besides, even if I risked travel in a COVID environment--- even if I went to a city I've never been in, and went to a practice, what are the odds that security would let me walk up to him? Your expectation is idiotic and ridiculous.

2) Let's reverse it: how about you come to Texas and we can share face to face opinions of each other? That's equally silly.

3) After 5 years, adjusting one's system to adapt to talent, or to counter new trends by opponents is one thing. But after 5 FRIKKING YEARS the coach still hasn't learned the basics of preparation, instilling discipline, teaching and enforcing basic fundamentals, or how to manage the game clock? That's pathetic and clueless.

4) Your comment was so horribly structured that I couldn't really tell what you were trying to say, so I hazarded a guess. But hey! It's not like you had an intelligent, cogent point anyway, so no loss.

5) End of the day, your posts are sad, silly, and ridiculous.

Not as sad and silly as a guy that’ll write faceless weak comments on a fan MB .

Your in Texas so what I’ve called you on this before and good old big talk beating your chest telling me you wouldn’t have an issue saying it to his face.Now all of a sudden being in Texas is an issue.Joker.

Poorly constructed lol don’t make me laugh the whole premise of your points are from some deranged fan whose kicking and screaming like a baby.

Then uses words like Coward when in all essence the act of you calling our HC that in a faceless manner is every bit cowardly because even if you were in Georgia you wouldn’t be walking up to DQ and calling him that anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t get toO worked up guys. This is the way the story goes. If DQ leads this team to the piece of poop he’ll be back and anything less than 9-7 and he’ll be fired. I’d be careful to sell him short.....injuries, lack of trench fire power has been the biggest problem and all of that don’t fall on DQ. I do believe the man is a leader of men or those guys would have flat out quit last year. This year will tell the story and I like to think we got something for the NFCS. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Not as sad and silly as a guy that’ll write faceless weak comments on a fan MB .

Your in Texas so what I’ve called you on this before and good old big talk beating your chest telling me you wouldn’t have an issue saying it to his face.Now all of a sudden being in Texas is an issue.Joker.

Poorly constructed lol don’t make me laugh the whole premise of your points are from some deranged fan whose kicking and screaming like a baby.

Then uses words like Coward when in all essence the act of you calling our HC that in a faceless manner is every bit cowardly because even if you were in Georgia you wouldn’t be walking up to DQ and calling him that anyway.

You are too stupid to continue bantering with, and not worth the potential ban.

Welcome to ignore.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

injuries, lack of trench fire power has been the biggest problem and all of that don’t fall on DQ.

Our defense has consistently been near the bottom of the league EXCEPT the year Marquand Manuel had a healthy defense. That IS on CCQ.

The team as a whole has consistently been ill-prepared since Shanahan left. That IS on CCQ.

The team as a whole has been poorly disciplined, guilty of far too many silly, pointless penalties. That IS on CCQ.

He has consistently mismanaged the game clock. That IS on CCQ.

22 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

I do believe the man is a leader of men or those guys would have flat out quit last year.

I truly believe the turnaround was due to the leadership of Morris and Ulbrich, NOT CCQ. But we'll see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Our defense has consistently been near the bottom of the league EXCEPT the year Marquand Manuel had a healthy defense. That IS on CCQ.

The team as a whole has consistently been ill-prepared since Shanahan left. That IS on CCQ.

The team as a whole has been poorly disciplined, guilty of far too many silly, pointless penalties. That IS on CCQ.

He has consistently mismanaged the game clock. That IS on CCQ.

I truly believe the turnaround was due to the leadership of Morris and Ulbrich, NOT CCQ. But we'll see.

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion but the defense was only decent for a yr or two under smitty. I think it’s deeper than just DQ. Btw nothing’s changing this year so while we’re all here let’s ride it out and hope for the best. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...