40+ sacks for falcons in 2020?

Man, I kind of keep forgetting we have Fowler. Very cautious about being optimistic about any defensive FA signing with the pathetic historical record we have traditionally had, but can't help get excitied about this guy. I think he's got a real chance at taking the next step and being a dominant DE in this league. 

2 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Man, I kind of keep forgetting we have Fowler. Very cautious about being optimistic about any defensive FA signing with the pathetic historical record we have traditionally had, but can't help get excitied about this guy. I think he's got a real chance at taking the next step and being a dominant DE in this league. 

Agree. Definitely feel he has a legit shot at being at the top of the NFL. He's got the talent and motivation and he's going to have a solid group of D linemen to play with. I think he's going to bond superbly with all the talented players on this unit and they'll quickly get into the top 10-12 in run, INT's and sack stats.

3 hours ago, k-train said:

Because the mods are keeping this section of the boards for football discussions. If you want to talk about social/political issues, there are other sections of the boards for those topics.

There are? 

edit: Oh god, if you're talking about Anything But Football.....

yeah, I think I'll pass.  lol   What a sewer.

5 hours ago, k-train said:

Because the mods are keeping this section of the boards for football discussions. If you want to talk about social/political issues, there are other sections of the boards for those topics.

8 posts from that one. kind of makes ya wonder who got banned and had to create a new name don't it?

:lol:

9 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Better be in that range, or we are in trouble.

I really think we can be.  We have enough pass rush talent in a 4 DL set to bring heat from anywhere now. It is easy for a defense to focus on Grady Jarrett on 3rd and long, its very different to have Fowler, Jarrett, Marlon Davidson and Takk lined up as your 4 man front on 3rd and long.

And the point made about Takk taking down social media and losing his option, now playing for a lot more than he was, I do think he could have a career year and still get away in FA next year. I think he plays harder, but it also gets easier with all that talent across the line as well.  Davidson is going to create huge problems for an OL playing next to Grady on passing downs. Davidson is a beast who might get 6 sacks.

8 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I really think we can be.  We have enough pass rush talent in a 4 DL set to bring heat from anywhere now. It is easy for a defense to focus on Grady Jarrett on 3rd and long, its very different to have Fowler, Jarrett, Marlon Davidson and Takk lined up as your 4 man front on 3rd and long.

And the point made about Takk taking down social media and losing his option, now playing for a lot more than he was, I do think he could have a career year and still get away in FA next year. I think he plays harder, but it also gets easier with all that talent across the line as well.  Davidson is going to create huge problems for an OL playing next to Grady on passing downs. Davidson is a beast who might get 6 sacks.

Totally agree but why have we waited for so long....our pass rush has sucked for EVER

17 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Totally agree but why have we waited for so long....our pass rush has sucked for EVER

I know my brother, I know. Painful.......forever, and there have been years I thought, but this looks different to me because its going to come from many different places making the whole better than the individual pieces.  

9 hours ago, Skeetbird said:

I'm kind of the same way. I hope we get 40+. As for whether they post on here or not..... I wouldnt be shocked. But ya never know.

I honestly can’t even hope.  I really think there is one great Dlineman on the team and that’s Grady.  Fowler is a total unknown. He’s had 1 good season out of 5.  Takk has had 3 seasons where he’s basically been invisible.   Marlon is a rookie. Can’t even remember the names of the other guys.

Edited by Godzilla1985

Nope, Fowler is a one year hit that had a ton of talent around him to help him, and that one year wasn't even like an MVP type year it was just double digit sacks. And Takk is Takk the king of obscure DE stats but never gets the number of sacks a 1st rounder should get. We did very little to increase our size on the interior DL thus we are going to end up like we always do.

An undersized DL that gets thrown around and gassed later in the game and a complete over reliance on Grady while our DE's miss sacks left and right cause the QB has a nice pocket they can step into cause our interior DL is under sized and get pushed around.

We've seen this movie pretty much every year TD has been our GM.