June 2020 Recruiting Thread

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well June is here and UGA news seems to keep coming in each week lately. Hope you’re all doing well and staying safe in these crazy times we are living through currently. Think we should see anot

Welcome to a week ago

SMDH at all the Florida love.   I believe the national pundits are just bored with UGA now - that and it probably helps them sell more magazines than to boringly pick “chalk”.    The SEC West likely d

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

good thing I don't need to buy any of the preseason mags other than the UGA ones.. stupid preseason predictions. 

SMDH at all the Florida love.   I believe the national pundits are just bored with UGA now - that and it probably helps them sell more magazines than to boringly pick “chalk”.    The SEC West likely down other than Bama so the only juicy pick was Gators.

There is no logical reason to pick them.   People sleeping on what UGA offense is likely to be.

23 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

SMDH at all the Florida love.   I believe the national pundits are just bored with UGA now - that and it probably helps them sell more magazines than to boringly pick “chalk”.    The SEC West likely down other than Bama so the only juicy pick was Gators.

There is no logical reason to pick them.   People sleeping on what UGA offense is likely to be.

They will continue to pick another team just to be trendy.

This doesn't say it all... but it says a lot that we would all benefit by reading and thinking about, on many levels and factors. 

What an amazing 16 year old MJ Morris is showing himself to be. Best of luck to him in life; would certainly be an asset to UGA if that is his eventual choice.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/mj-morris-how-one-of-the-nations-top-young-qbs-views-the-racial-tension-across-america

1 hour ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Is bama Gonna be good? Really? If the true frosh qb is as good as expected but still a freshman ... jones wasn’t impressive if not- I realize they loaded everywhere but qb is pretty important 

If their Defense plays like it did last year they could struggle against a few teams. They lost some OL and some WRs (draft and transfer) who will effect their depth at that position. I’m not saying they are going to lose 3 games or anything but losing 2 definitely isn’t out of the realm of possibilities 

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 10:35 AM, Bdawg58 said:

If their Defense plays like it did last year they could struggle against a few teams. They lost some OL and some WRs (draft and transfer) who will effect their depth at that position. I’m not saying they are going to lose 3 games or anything but losing 2 definitely isn’t out of the realm of possibilities 

I think they are counting on middle Moses coming back and bringing some shine to LB unit that certainly had none last year.

On 6/9/2020 at 7:43 PM, g-dawg said:

On the West, look out for A&M. I'm not a Mond fan, but their schedule shakes out very, very well. If they can get by Auburn, there is a very realistic chance they are 10-0 walking into Tuscaloosa. They also get LSU in College Station the last week of the season, so the chances are there for them to be right there at the end of the season.  

On 6/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, Bdawg58 said:

Alabama will be fine at WR. Losing Shavers sucks because he was poised to have some chances, but Townsend? Meh. Although I heard someone mention he could be a UGA target, so maybe y'all would know more about that. The Alabama OL brings back 4/5 starters so they'll be fine.

The defense just needs to stay healthy and I think they'll be better than they were last year. 

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

On the West, look out for A&M. I'm not a Mond fan, but their schedule shakes out very, very well. If they can get by Auburn, there is a very realistic chance they are 10-0 walking into Tuscaloosa. They also get LSU in College Station the last week of the season, so the chances are there for them to be right there at the end of the season.  

On paper they should be a contender, but I gotta see it with ATM.   Jimbo’s  a good coach and I hope you are right.

14 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

On paper they should be a contender, but I gotta see it with ATM.   Jimbo’s  a good coach and I hope you are right.

I think the biggest difference is that instead of road trips to Clemson and Georgia, they get home games with Colorado and Vandy. A&M is pretty likeable too so I'm with ya man. I hope they figure it out. They are still better than State and they get Ole Miss in College Station, so I give them the edge in both of those. I probably give them the edge over Auburn as well since Auburn lost a good bit on defense and the majority if not their entire (?) OL. 

13 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Alabama will be fine at WR. Losing Shavers sucks because he was poised to have some chances, but Townsend? Meh. Although I heard someone mention he could be a UGA target, so maybe y'all would know more about that. The Alabama OL brings back 4/5 starters so they'll be fine.

The defense just needs to stay healthy and I think they'll be better than they were last year. 

Bama lost 3 starters on the OL... 2 top 10 picks. Again, by no means am I saying it will cause Bama to lose more than 2 games but they don’t have the easy schedule they had last year across conferences 

31 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Bama lost 3 starters on the OL... 2 top 10 picks. Again, by no means am I saying it will cause Bama to lose more than 2 games but they don’t have the easy schedule they had last year across conferences 

Nah Wills was the only guy they lost. Bring back Leatherwood, Brown, Dic(k)erson and Neal. The first 3 all could have gone pro, but all came back. Only have to replace one spot.

Lol it censored one of the names. Didn’t even think about it  

30 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I’d bet a good amount of money on Mims being a Dawg in the end

At this point it seems like a matter of when, not if 

from SoFl Dawg this fine Monday....

SoFL_Dawg Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
8:37AM edited 8:38AM

Alright haven’t done this in a while...I’m hoping this week affords us another public announcement. I was told Saturday it could be any day so we’re just waiting. I don’t think we need mo at this time, coming off of 4 recent commitments, but it would be nice. In state kid.

Im going to double down on the Donovan Edwards chatter. Despite outward appearance in Michigan leading, I’m more confident than ever that “if” he gets to campus, we will seal the deal. Preserving the body, being fresher for NFL, is something I’m told we have sold well along with his usage and versatility. The only concern is that if NCAA pushes visits back again, it continues to feed the stay home narrative and he’s listening to that as well. If he visits, with family in tow, specifically his father, he’s coming to UGA.

Posted a mock class here last week. DB group I think will be Terrion Arnold, James Williams, David Daniel, Tony Grimes, and DeJahn Warren. While Nyland Green is the top choice in state, the volatility with him has us leaning to Warren, along with the class separation and readiness to play. I’m very confident on the Safeties, and I saw a screen shot from 247 that indicates Grimes will not reclassify per Kipp. Huge news.

On DL, also posted last week that things sound good on Tyrion Ingram Dawkins. I think we’re going to beat SC here. This is a recruitment that’s going the distance but at this point we’re going to be hard to beat. We called Jalen Carter a five star very early last year watching tape. Without camps, TID probably doesn’t make it to that classification but this is five star talent that’s blooming late. CTS could pull off 4 five star DL in 3 cycles. This was a hot topic on this board in recent cycles. Seems like patience has paid off...

Last note “off topic” on current players...I continue to hear that our WRs look **** good as a corp. Pickens will be all SEC, 1st team. As a group, they’re giving our corners fits on passing drills, and all 3 of our CBs could play themselves into day 2 of the draft. I’m excited here, because I recall reading Ed O. talking about how dangerous he felt his offense would be last summer. I’m not saying we’re LSU, but I haven’t heard anything mentioned about WRs as a group since Kirby got here...

33 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

That’s tough. If Joey King was still at Cartersville I would say yes. But Calhoun is a great QB coach. And Cartersville doesn’t have the offensive talent Carrollton does. We legit have 2 D1 WRs. Hope it works out for him.

Who do you think replaces him? Anyone coming down the pipeline who could be a D1 talent?