• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Carter

June 2020 Recruiting Thread

7 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

247 talking about us doing well with MJ Morris 

@youngbloodz any info here? Evaluation? Where he might be leaning?

It’s a hard read with him because his dad controls everything. I won’t know much until I see him and talk to him and his teammates. From what I understand Clemson is still the favorite because of how they developed Watson and what Trevor is doing. 

11 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

It’s a hard read with him because his dad controls everything. I won’t know much until I see him and talk to him and his teammates. From what I understand Clemson is still the favorite because of how they developed Watson and what Trevor is doing. 

So the key to wining him over is winning over Dad. Supposedly, it's our new OC that's putting in the concerted effort to convince of a change coming to our offense

I've honestly never seen either play (only have what's online), putting aside any bias (as much as possible anyway), how do you think him and Gunner stack up against each other?

3 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

So the key to wining him over is winning over Dad. Supposedly, it's our new OC that's putting in the concerted effort to convince of a change coming to our offense

I've honestly never seen either play (only have what's online), putting aside any bias (as much as possible anyway), how do you think him and Gunner stack up against each other?

The key will be to see sustain success at the QB spot and a history of putting QBs in the NFL. Gunner has an nfl arm. I think he is more polished than Myles. He is going to have to transfer his camp play into his game play. This is just being honest now. Myles is better in camp right now compared to the game. I don’t know why but it’s my opinion. But it’s shared by more than a few people. Last year he was hurt the entire year. Two years ago was his freshmen year. The potential is there. But these next two years will be huge for him. I’m taking Gunner if I can only have one. But Myles ceiling might be higher. But Gunner floor is higher imo

6 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

The key will be to see sustain success at the QB spot and a history of putting QBs in the NFL. Gunner has an nfl arm. I think he is more polished than Myles. He is going to have to transfer his camp play into his game play. This is just being honest now. Myles is better in camp right now compared to the game. I don’t know why but it’s my opinion. But it’s shared by more than a few people. Last year he was hurt the entire year. Two years ago was his freshmen year. The potential is there. But these next two years will be huge for him. I’m taking Gunner if I can only have one. But Myles ceiling might be higher. But Gunner floor is higher imo

So, as of where each is right now, Gunner is more able to contribute day one in college, while Morris might need a bit, but there's plenty of time for that to change. Thanks

Best thing Georgia has right now is competition, yea Newman probably wins the job but Mathis and beck are going to push him and each other and make them all better same for next year w Daniel vandergriff Beck/Mathis (if they don’t transfer) good times and think we got the right oc and receivers to take really show out 

6 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Best thing Georgia has right now is competition, yea Newman probably wins the job but Mathis and beck are going to push him and each other and make them all better same for next year w Daniel vandergriff Beck/Mathis (if they don’t transfer) good times and think we got the right oc and receivers to take really show out 

Completely agree with this! I really feel this was a huge problem last year with Fromm and I don’t think Kirby was going to let it happen again. 

2 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

Completely agree with this! I really feel this was a huge problem last year with Fromm and I don’t think Kirby was going to let it happen again. 

I feel like he wasn’t coached very well the last two years.  Once Johnston left for CU he was screwed.

ReidsvilleDawg
Posted on 7 hrs, , User Since 15 months ago, User Post Count: 1,630
  • 7 hrs
  • 15 months

Jbdawgs03 said... (original post)Gotcha. And they would know how? 

show more

I have 4 people I get additional info from to go along with this board. One guy said Smael is “committing within the next week”. He’s usually correct on his info he gives me. Take it with a grain of salt if you wish. Just keep your eyes peeled towards the middle/end of the week.

Ok, not quite as great as I thought but said this RE: Foreman.

https://forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/comment/436541#Comment_436541

No friggen way. It would actually make this year, not the worst

https://forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/comment/436550#Comment_436550

Been saying it as well as many others. This one is not trending like it’s a long shot currently.

Been saying it as well as many others. This one is not trending like it’s a long shot currently.

13 hours ago, g-dawg said:

SoFL Dawg just gave us the chick in the hammock eating the apple for Korey Foreman!!!!

Schwing!!!!!!!!!!! 🥳

I thought distance from home was a major, if not the most important, factor for Foreman. Georgia isn't really closer than Clemson. He'll stay on the west coast IMO.

19 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

I thought distance from home was a major, if not the most important, factor for Foreman. Georgia isn't really closer than Clemson. He'll stay on the west coast IMO.

SoFL_Dawg Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

https://forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/comment/436554#Comment_436554

Wait, is Queen Margaery eating the apple or are we not a long shot? I'm confused...

Arrow is up on Foreman. If he leaves his state, UGA will be the choice.

Before I was saying this is unlikely to materialize, but his name has been consistent in the chatter since the decommit from clemson. Staff working on him and his family daily. Our depth chart is favorable, and obviously the style of defense can highlight what he does well.

I still think if USC has a strong year he could be compelled to stay home. 3-4 losses probably help us out a lot here.

sounds good on Foreman - sounds like SoFl and insiders believe UGA has effectively "beat out" LSU for Foreman's services right now - I know it's a horse race - or better yet - a dawg race. 😎

1 hour ago, LawDawg said:

I don't claim to know him or his situation. But I do remember chatter about him not liking Clemson's "no visits" policy, and "It's far from home" plays much better in the public sphere than "I want to take my visits".

46 minutes ago, AutumnEffect said:

I don't claim to know him or his situation. But I do remember chatter about him not liking Clemson's "no visits" policy, and "It's far from home" plays much better in the public sphere than "I want to take my visits".

Ok. That would make sense.

19 hours ago, g-dawg said:

sounds good on Foreman - sounds like SoFl and insiders believe UGA has effectively "beat out" LSU for Foreman's services right now - I know it's a horse race - or better yet - a dawg race. 😎

Maason and Foreman want to play together.  Both seem to be leaning towards remaining in-state....but if either leaves their respective State, UGA seems to be the favorite.  

Fingers crossed they both leave home make their dream of playing together a reality in Athens

5 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Maason and Foreman want to play together.  Both seem to be leaning towards remaining in-state....but if either leaves their respective State, UGA seems to be the favorite.  

Fingers crossed they both leave home make their dream of playing together a reality in Athens

no one thinks we are pulling Maason Smith out of Louisiana.

On Foreman,  I like our chances - USC is a dumpster fire now with a HC that feels like a lame duck.   UCLA is worse.   Maybe it doesn't matter and Foreman just wants to stay home, but I doubt it.

13 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It’s interesting to note that Athlon’s predicts FL to overtake UGA this year.  Possible, sure.  But then you look at Athlon’s unit rankings and you just have to LOL

9794641.jpg

+1 if that plate in picture is breakfast