Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If we end up having let's say one of the top 3 defenses in the league at the end of 2020 and 2021 for good measure, do you think a team needing a HC will take a chance on him with his past head coaching failure with the Bucs?

Many HCs have been fired before after failing in some capacity.

Belichick, Reid, McCarthy, Rivera, Gase, Gruden, and Carroll are all current HCs who have been fired before.

Carroll has been fired twice, but still got hired at USC and by the Seahawks while managing to win champions at both places after being fired twice.

The NFL is full of Atlanta falcons coordinators....

I wish I could coordinator stuck around longer than a year...

Matt has never been able to build a true relationship with any of his coordinators cuz anytime we have a good year its such an anomaly the whole NFL world be so amazed they have to break it up.

2 hours ago, IamFRESCO1 said:

Matt has never been able to build a true relationship with any of his coordinators cuz anytime we have a good year its such an anomaly the whole NFL world be so amazed they have to break it up.

Dirk

9 hours ago, IamFRESCO1 said:

Not sure how Matt has much of anything to do with Raheem’s future as a HC.

And FWIW, Dirk has been Matt’s coordinator for going on 5 seasons now.

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

Not sure how Matt has much of anything to do with Raheem’s future as a HC.

And FWIW, Dirk has been Matt’s coordinator for going on 5 seasons now.

Obviously I wasn't talking about Raheem...but it works both ways.. falcons (on defense and offense) hasn't had a consistent voice  no longer then three years STRAIGHT!

AND DIRK HASNT BEEN HERE 5 CONSECUTIVE YEARS! DON'T PLAY WITH ME!

7 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Dirk

What about Dirk ? 

I didn't mean literally a year...but after every good year we have we love coaches.. 

So every other year Matt is losing a coordinator from good production and on defense we lose a coordinator every other year due to poor performance.

Crazy because even though Kyle Shanahan was well known in the NFL (mostly because of the drama on offenses he coordinated) no team wanted him for a HC gig until he made the Falcons offense what it was in 2016. Like said earlier, we get something going one season our staff gets plucked after.

Tony Dungy .563 and Jon Gruden .509, are the only coaches in Bucs histroy with a winning record.  Arians, after one season, is the only other coach that's even over .400.

So yes, I believe he would deserve another shot.

5 hours ago, IamFRESCO1 said:

What about Dirk ? 

I didn't mean literally a year...but after every good year we have we love coaches.. 

So every other year Matt is losing a coordinator from good production and on defense we lose a coordinator every other year due to poor performance.

Matt worked with Dirk in 2012-2014. He usually plays well under Dirk as long as line stays healthy.  Hes better with the game on the line with Dirk because Dirk gives him more freedom to change things up.

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Matt worked with Dirk in 2012-2014. He usually plays well under Dirk as long as line stays healthy.  Hes better with the game on the line with Dirk because Dirk gives him more freedom to change things up.

Ummm.....ok.....I agree .. But what's your point.

19 hours ago, IamFRESCO1 said:

That's why we should have had an Offensive minded HC all along. Then Ryan could have a consistent scheme pushed down by the Head Coach

6 hours ago, MAD597 said:

That's why we should have had an Offensive minded HC all along. Then Ryan could have a consistent scheme pushed down by the Head Coach

Like a Sean Payton...

Do you think we would care so much about Missing shanny if we won that SB?