Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
birdz4i

DeAndre Hopkins Thinks He’s Better Than Falcons’ Star Julio Jones

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’ve always thought Hopkins belonged in the Julio and AB debates. He has played with bad QB’s and he’s great at everything. Personally, I think he’s better than Thomas and probably better than Julio now.

However, if all 3 guys were 25, I’d take Julio without hesitation. 

Out of guys like Hopkins, Julio, OBJ, Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, blah blah, I would love every single one of them. Each carries very unique attributes that separate them from the next. 

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Out of guys like Hopkins, Julio, OBJ, Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, blah blah, I would love every single one of them. Each carries very unique attributes that separate them from the next. 

IMO, Julio, Hopkins, and AB of the last 6 years are separated from the rest. Evans, Thomas, Allen, etc are all great. But those 3 are the total package 

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

IMO, Julio, Hopkins, and AB of the last 6 years are separated from the rest. Evans, Thomas, Allen, etc are all great. But those 3 are the total package 

You already know AB was my favorite but he acted his way out of the league. OBJ was on pace to do phenomenal things his first 4 years then his issues touched base but I still think he has it in him to be great. He just needs to focus on football

I mention those other guys because it’s not only about stats to me. I say it all the time, stats don’t matter to me. Keenan Allen is the most underrated route runner in the NFL. Thomas is not all that great to me. He fits their system but I would love to see him do more to prove he’s the best. Having 150 catches and 1700 yards makes you the best in your eyes and fans of stats. Evans is underrated, mostly because I feel it’s where he’s played and who his quarterback has been. His seasons are overlooked because Winston sucks year in and year out. 

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Tyreek Hill might join in the conversation this upcoming year.

15 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

You already know AB was my favorite but he acted his way out of the league. OBJ was on pace to do phenomenal things his first 4 years then his issues touched base but I still think he has it in him to be great. He just needs to focus on football

I mention those other guys because it’s not only about stats to me. I say it all the time, stats don’t matter to me. Keenan Allen is the most underrated route runner in the NFL. Thomas is not all that great to me. He fits their system but I would love to see him do more to prove he’s the best. Having 150 catches and 1700 yards makes you the best in your eyes and fans of stats. Evans is underrated, mostly because I feel it’s where he’s played and who his quarterback has been. His seasons are overlooked because Winston sucks year in and year out. 

But that’s also why I don’t put guys like Allen, Thomas, Evans, or OBJ on that level. They just aren’t as complete as the 3 I mentioned. They are elite at something or even multiple things. But I think the other have literally no weakness to their game. 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

But that’s also why I don’t put guys like Allen, Thomas, Evans, or OBJ on that level. They just aren’t as complete as the 3 I mentioned. They are elite at something or even multiple things. But I think the other have literally no weakness to their game. 

Disagree about OBJ. He was right there with Julio and AB until his mind got away from football. Had he not allowed his emotions to get but the best of him he would definitely still be in the top 3 conversation imo. I know a lot of people here over the year tout his popularity on one catch but that dude is actually amazing. But he got away from what was important. 

Also, I think you took that original post out of context. I didn’t say any of those guys were on the same level as Julio and Hopkins, I said I would love to have any of them and that each has attributes that separate them from each other. 

That’s why I try not to rank any player because every player has so many unique things going for themselves. For example, Amari Cooper can run amazing routes but his hands are suspect yet people say he’s top 5. I don’t agree. Davante Adams has amazing routes and draws double and triples every week but he won’t get his full respect as a top 5 receiver because his stats don’t match how amazing he is. I can go on and on but you get it lol

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Disagree about OBJ. He was right there with Julio and AB until his mind got away from football. Had he not allowed his emotions to get but the best of him he would definitely still be in the top 3 conversation imo. I know a lot of people here over the year tout his popularity on one catch but that dude is actually amazing. But he got away from what was important. 

Also, I think you took that original post out of context. I didn’t say any of those guys were on the same level as Julio and Hopkins, I said I would love to have any of them and that each has attributes that separate them from each other. 

That’s why I try not to rank any player because every player has so many unique things going for themselves. For example, Amari Cooper can run amazing routes but his hands are suspect yet people say he’s top 5. I don’t agree. Davante Adams has amazing routes and draws double and triples every week but he won’t get his full respect as a top 5 receiver because his stats don’t match how amazing he is. I can go on and on but you get it lol

The mental toughness and consistency will matter if you are looking multiple years. There are guys who have incredible potential, talent but fizzle out coz of mental toughness or off field issues. OBJ is just wasting his talent and potential. 

On 5/31/2020 at 12:47 PM, falcons007 said:

The mental toughness and consistency will matter if you are looking multiple years. There are guys who have incredible potential, talent but fizzle out coz of mental toughness or off field issues. OBJ is just wasting his talent and potential. 

Which is exactly why he’s not a tier 1 receiver. Same reason brown is no longer on that list with Julio and Hopkins and (IMO) Thomas.

I know he plays for our rival and all, but it’s Amazing to me how people in TAFT dismiss how good a receiver Thomas has become..

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Yep. He needs to get back focused on what to where he was once before. On the flip side, even in what was a down year last season he still clipped 1000 yards and 70+ catches. They claim he was injured all season. I don’t know so I won’t make any assumptions. But if he comes back 100%, there’s no reason why he can’t have a bigger season this upcoming season. Even as inconsistent as Baker is, they both can help each other tremendously 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Which is exactly why he’s not a tier 1 receiver. Same reason brown is no longer on that list with Julio and Hopkins and (IMO) Thomas.

I know he plays for our rival and all, but it’s Amazing to me how people dismiss how good a receiver Thomas has become..

You could easily say the same for QB. Russell Wilson, Ryan and to an extent Stanford are only ones who survived and playing for last several years. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yep. He needs to get back focused on what to where he was once before. On the flip side, even in what was a down year last season he still clipped 1000 yards and 70+ catches. They claim he was injured all season. I don’t know so I won’t make any assumptions. But if he comes back 100%, there’s no reason why he can’t have a bigger season this upcoming season. Even as inconsistent as Baker is, they both can help each other tremendously 

OBJ needs a veteran QB who can keep him under check. I think Stefanski may bring stability and consistency to Baker, OBJ and that offense. 

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

OBJ needs a veteran QB who can keep him under check. I think Stefanski may bring stability and consistency to Baker, OBJ and that offense. 

I think that’s going to be key as well. That team finally has a coaching staff they can respect now. I hope it works out

What’s Hopkins meant to say.

I mean he rates his abilities and that’s fine.Hes a great receiver but his reasoning to me with regards to the QB I don’t agree with.

If I’m honest and Ryan or any QB decided Julio your it he’d have 2000 receiving **** near every season he played if that’s what was important.I think numbers only tell half the story there’s more to it than just numbers.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

This is why I can’t get with OBJ thee off the field distraction is detrimental to what goes on in the locker room and the field.The numbers and between the lines are only half the story.Not many talk about the off field stuff and it’s where I believe Julio sets himself apart from the rest.

You see it year after year with him there are zero distractions.When he doesn’t get his he says nothing.Hes all about the team winning his numbers amount for naught.He blocks he tackles when passes go wrong he runs down guys when Ryan makes mistakes.

Julio could **** near play both ways if he was asked STs.I bet if asked he’d go no ifs no buts.He’ll do whatever it takes the team to win I don’t think or seen enough evidence of any other WRer in the league that does the same or has that sought of drive to do it in any given or asked situation.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

I've always thought and continue to think that Baker is overrated and with him, OBJ may likely continue to underachieve.  Maybe Stefanski/Baker prove me wrong next year but you have to remember, they are the Cleveland "Brownouts'.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

This is why I can’t get with OBJ thee off the field distraction is detrimental to what goes on in the locker room and the field.The numbers and between the lines are only half the story.Not many talk about the off field stuff and it’s where I believe Julio sets himself apart from the rest.

You see it year after year with him there are zero distractions.When he doesn’t get his he says nothing.Hes all about the team winning his numbers amount for naught.He blocks he tackles when passes go wrong he runs down guys when Ryan makes mistakes.

Julio could **** near play both ways if he was asked STs.I bet if asked he’d go no ifs no buts.He’ll do whatever it takes the team to win I don’t think or seen enough evidence of any other WRer in the league that does the same or has that sought of drive to do it in any given or asked situation.

Falcons have been lucky to have Ryan and Julio. Both humble guys with no distractions. 

1 hour ago, falconfansince66 said:

I've always thought and continue to think that Baker is overrated and with him, OBJ may likely continue to underachieve.  Maybe Stefanski/Baker prove me wrong next year but you have to remember, they are the Cleveland "Brownouts'.

I don’t think there is enough to call Mayfield overrated. I think he is little cocky and needs to grow up. It will be interesting to see if he can learn to let the game come to him rather than forcing  the ball. He had a great rookie season, QB can struggle in their sophomore year. 

54 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I don’t think there is enough to call Mayfield overrated. I think he is little cocky and needs to grow up. It will be interesting to see if he can learn to let the game come to him rather than forcing  the ball. He had a great rookie season, QB can struggle in their sophomore year. 

Bingo

Just now, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

I don't think anything can top the catch Julio made (one handed?) while getting nailed by 2 NYG defenders. I think it was 2014 or 2015? Was insane. 

Maybe, maybe not. Wont know unless it happens