11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I stopped while I was in high school because the love just wasn’t there anymore. Then I watched LeBron in high school and became an instant fan and stuck with him since. I love the way he plays overall.

I think my decline in nba watching paralleled my decline in watching acc basketball. The start decline in interest It happened in 1997 - or whenever the starbury year was. I still have watched since then but not every game like i had used to.  My acc interest spiked when i was at ncsu, we watched live games vs chris paul stick out. But the game just changed when they disalloweD handchecking. 

im the nba- the advent of the stretchmark 4 was a big change in tge game too

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just find something else to fill the void. I just finished a bootleg hot cheeto challenge with the kids. Gonna play some yahtzee in a little bit. 

I can’t stand Lebron. Part of the reason I quit watching 😂

Bro I know life has been unreal for us and now all the stuff happening in other cities but I promise you things are not bad enough to where you gotta eat 5 Popeyes biscuits w/o drinking.... not yet at

1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

I think my decline in nba watching paralleled my decline in watching acc basketball. The start decline in interest It happened in 1997 - or whenever the starbury year was. I still have watched since then but not every game like i had used to.  My acc interest spiked when i was at ncsu, we watched live games vs chris paul stick out. But the game just changed when they disalloweD handchecking. 

im the nba- the advent of the stretchmark 4 was a big change in tge game too

I can’t watch college basketball for the sake of life. I’m a Duke fan but I couldn’t sit down and watch a game if I wanted to. 

Now how in the **** are you a VT fan but went to NCSU?  

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I can’t watch college basketball for the sake of life. I’m a Duke fan but I couldn’t sit down and watch a game if I wanted to. 

Now how in the **** are you a VT fan but went to NCSU?  

i used to HATE Duke.  i dont anymore really...or lets say my zest for that rivalry (duke-unc) has died down.    i went to and worked for both vt and ncsu.  vt undergrad....thats where the first love lies.  

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Iverson on the 76ers. 

see i was rooting like heck for Ivey to win it all.  he carried that team solo.  lakers had all those players plus phill.  i was however, a shaq guy.  lakers, then spurs...still had a little bit of parity.  i used to absolutely love the all star game, esp in the 90s.  i had trading cards too.

lebron carries his CLE teams basically.  he also didnt have the coaching in CLE.  its impressive what hes done.  has anyone heard anything from or about matthew dellavandova?  

20 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

I love NASCAR so I'm set. Love that racing has been on 3 nights a week in some cases. On top of that, the racing has been great in all 3 series. Miss being at the track though...nothing else like it!

I dont know how you watch it. I'd choose baseball over cars go around and around in a circle. 

4 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

see i was rooting like heck for Ivey to win it all.  he carried that team solo.  lakers had all those players plus phill.  i was however, a shaq guy.  lakers, then spurs...still had a little bit of parity.  i used to absolutely love the all star game, esp in the 90s.  i had trading cards too.

lebron carries his CLE teams basically.  he also didnt have the coaching in CLE.  its impressive what hes done.  has anyone heard anything from or about matthew dellavandova?  

Delly is still in Cleveland 

Those were some good times in the NBA. Only way we get those days back is if the players truly care about the game

4 hours ago, red falcon said:

I dont know how you watch it. I'd choose baseball over cars go around and around in a circle. 

It's in my DNA I suppose. Growing up in Charlotte where we had no sports teams, the nascar racers were our local heroes. I got into it in the early 80s when the cars were amazing, the drivers were fearless, the speed was unrestricted and injury/death lurked around the corner. There was real skin in the game for those dudes so I always admired the courage it took to strap into a racecar and go 200+ mph on a hot track.

The competition between Chevrolet and Ford was legendary in those days too so being a car guy, that appealed to me as well.

5 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

i used to HATE Duke.  i dont anymore really...or lets say my zest for that rivalry (duke-unc) has died down.    i went to and worked for both vt and ncsu.  vt undergrad....thats where the first love lies.  

I'm old enough to remember when NC State was UNCs most hated rival and Duke was an afterthought.

4 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

I'm old enough to remember when NC State was UNCs most hated rival and Duke was an afterthought.

Thats a long time ago. I have never known that time. Im afraid as long as K and Roy are around then state will be in their shadow. And new coaches may cause a dip ala Dougherty, but theyll be back.