Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I Even Bleed Red

Desmond Trufaunt Highlights

3 hours ago, Osiruz said:

I wanted Xavier Rhodes from that draft whom we could have had without a trade up and losing the 3rd rounder. Glad this butterfingered, tackle allergeric dummy is off the team. 

Man this is pretty crazy. Sure Tru’s game wasn’t the same to me after the 2016 injury, although 2017 was still pretty good, but what d line did he ever have? 

Im not taking anything away from Rhodes but my perception of the Vikings tells me he had a much better D line and being a bigger bodies CB, if he can hamper your timing off the line of scrimmage with that D line, then he’s done his job the majority of plays.

Tru was a pure coverage corner. Quick twitch, unbelievable closing ability. But in his best seasons, IMO, Tru was better than Rhodes and that’s no disrespect to Rhodes whose a fantastic player as well. But people seem to forget how good Tru was.

4 hours ago, Osiruz said:

I wanted Xavier Rhodes from that draft whom we could have had without a trade up and losing the 3rd rounder. Glad this butterfingered, tackle allergeric dummy is off the team. 

Passer rating last year against Rhodes coverage was 127.8. 

As much as you guys hated Tru and his contract, you would have crucified Rhodes.

42 minutes ago, Vandy said:

As much as you guys hated Tru and his contract, you would have crucified Rhodes.

Rhodes fell off after injuries just like Trufant did.

Rhodes as the top of his game was better than Trufant was at his peak. That being said, Tru had a solid career here so I don't get why everyone hates him so much. Can't control injuries derailing someones potential.

12 hours ago, Osiruz said:

I to wanted Rhodes, but Trufant has had the better career to date. Rhodes has been one of the worst outside corners in the league the last couple of years, whilst surrounded by better talent. If Rhodes was a Falcon he'd have been run out of town a long time ago.

5 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Troffed. Yet again. SMH

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I too wanted Rhodes, but Trufant has had the better career to date. Rhodes has been one of the worst outside corners in the league the last couple of years, whilst surrounded by better talent. If Rhodes was a Falcon he'd have been run out of town a long time ago.

Yet somehow he still went to Pro-Bowl last year 🤯 when was the last time Trufant was in the Pro-Bowl 🤯

Edited by Hurry_Up_And_Buy

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Rhodes was definitely better than Trufant 

4 hours ago, 32wood84white said:

Man this is pretty crazy. Sure Tru’s game wasn’t the same to me after the 2016 injury, although 2017 was still pretty good, but what d line did he ever have? 

Don't blame it on the DL, he is dumb as a rock. What chance does the DL have if he is constantly blowing his assignment or getting taken to the woodshed by average wrs?

I make no excuses for an 8 year vet who doesn't know know his coverage responsibility. 

54 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

One got a 1 year $3m deal and the other got a 2 year $21m deal. Whatever measurement you are using to deduce that Rhodes was better than Trufant last year, clearly isn't shared by NFL execs.

People just hating to hate at this point tbh. Tru was the better CB from 2013-16, then Rhodes 2017-18. Tru was way better than him in 2019. Rhodes was literally the better CB for only two years, three if you wanna add 2016. 

9 hours ago, Osiruz said:

So dumb. Tru was a solid tackler most of his time here. And he was really good in coverage. One of the top 10 corners in Falcons history. Don’t be such a hater.  

14 minutes ago, Captain Falcon said:

So dumb. Tru was a solid tackler most of his time here. And he was really good in coverage. One of the top 10 corners in Falcons history. Don’t be such a hater.  

So dumb Tru was a horrible tackler that got ran over by Tarik Cohen at one point, and was decent in coverage when he wasn't covering grass. 

46 minutes ago, Captain Falcon said:

To be fair, that's not saying a whole lot.

5 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Rhodes fell off after injuries just like Trufant did.

Rhodes as the top of his game was better than Trufant was at his peak. That being said, Tru had a solid career here so I don't get why everyone hates him so much. Can't control injuries derailing someones potential.

True. My point was Tru is better player now than Rhodes. 

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

To be fair, that's not saying a whole lot.

Deion is a HOFer. Even not counting Sanders, Falcons have historically had some good corners, including Trufant.