• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Urban Dictionary refers to that as the “Leon Troutsky”.

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Vandy said:

Yes we did, not just federally but especially at state level. All the data continues to prove what you said on the need of initially focusing on isolating the elderly. And we were way too slow in doing that:

image.png.fbc565659acb214c0e418e764a3a2986.png

I go back and forth on the shutdowns, as they were unprecedented. Yet everyone (including Fauci, who I think gets way too much of a pass by the media on this) was so slow in getting that aspect of protecting the elderly and getting organized on isolating them from danger they perhaps had to shut everything down just to slow things to a crawl thereby getting everyone’s attention?

I dunno, what I do know is the merits of it will be debated for years. Like you said, the long-term lasting health consequences of shutting everything down will be substantial.

The secondary effects of Covid are not getting the attention they deserve. I am really concerned about the children in our country and the increase in domestic abuse and lack of education.

However, no one can deny the mental and emotional toll this is taking on the people in this country! It is so sad!!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/health/mental-health-coronavirus-pandemic-cdc-study-wellness/index.html

25 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Oh yeah...

The lawyers are going to have a field day for the schools playing sports.

One of the best plaintiff's lawyers in my city was interviewed by our news about that (because people were already *****ing about how plaintiff's lawyers were going to shut down college football and I guess he got his feelings hurt lol) and he said it will be next to impossible to prove where any athlete contracted the virus, so he doesn't envision a ton of lawsuits, or any success rate of them if they are filed.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

One of the best plaintiff's lawyers in my city was interviewed by our news about that (because people were already *****ing about how plaintiff's lawyers were going to shut down college football and I guess he got his feelings hurt lol) and he said it will be next to impossible to prove where any athlete contracted the virus, so he doesn't envision a ton of lawsuits, or any success rate of them if they are filed.

Yes, Mike Florio pointed out a couple of things about that

As Dan Patrick noted during a Tuesday appearance on Today, liability is the main concern for college football. As it should be. As explained during Monday’s PFTOT, there’s a looming explosion of COVID-19 litigation that eventually could result in a standard that hinges less on proof of where the virus was caught and more on simply showing that a business or organization with significant resources created a mechanism for bringing people together without implementing appropriate safety measures. With the determination of appropriate safety measures something that will be determined by a judge and/or a jury after the fact, the risk of landing in the legal crosshairs will be significant, especially for any programs that aren’t as buttoned up as they should be.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/11/some-start-pushing-for-college-football-players-to-sign-a-waiver/

(excerpt from article metioned above)

Also, don’t overlook liability concerns. Although it will be very difficult if not impossible to link illness and/or death by a player (or a player’s family member) to the football program given the wide scope of avenues for catching the virus, the legal system eventually will be tasked with creating a proper standard for parsing out accountability when it comes to the failure of businesses and other organizations to engage in reasonably prudent activities. Quite possibly, strict proof of proximate causation will go out the window; if a business or organization can be shown to have failed to put proper measures in place (with those proper measures determined by the courts after the fact), liability could be imposed based simply on showing that a given player, coach, and/or staff member was exposed to an environment that, for example, lacked sufficient testing, contact tracing, social distancing, face coverings, etc. to limit the spread of the virus.

Even if a school currently thinks it’s doing enough in that regard, the school may later find out the hard way (and the very expensive way) that it wasn’t. That’s a very real risk with incredibly long-term potential consequences, from legal fees paid to defend against the claims to eventual settlements and/or verdicts and protracted fights with insurance companies that, above all else, won’t want to pay anything for such claims. In the end, the financial damage to a given school could be much, much more significant than the losses from one lost season of football.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/10/the-problems-with-college-footballs-the-players-will-still-be-at-risk-if-we-dont-play-argument/

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

University of Iowa now has around 1,000 students infected.

Let's say each one of the 50 states has one major state school (each state obviously has numerous schools), and each one of them is experiencing the same numbers of at least 1000 cases already. That's 50,000 new cases in a matter of weeks . . .

18 hours ago, Invincible said:

Antifa Bodycount: 0 
Coronavirus Bodycount: ~185,000+

One guess as to what keeps Republicans up at night. 

Cuomo, Seattle and nursing homes would be one of my better guesses.

And keeping kids at these universities and letting them quarantine there makes a helluva lot more sense (to keep infections in check) most all of the cases will be minamal and contained within the halls of their educational institution, instead of shipping the students back home all around the country in planes, trains, and automobiles.  People need to stop and think for a minute rather than always going with the herd and isolation mode. 

Wear your dayum PPE, maintain distance, but once you/they F-up stay in place.

47 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

There's still so much we just don't know about the long lasting effects of this virus.

Many healthcare notices say the heart is most likely to be destroyed. This is some scary news to someone with pre existing heart ailments like me who sports a pacemaker. :(

On 9/3/2020 at 2:59 PM, WhenFalconsWin said:

And keeping kids at these universities and letting them quarantine there makes a helluva lot more sense (to keep infections in check) most all of the cases will be minamal and contained within the halls of their educational institution, instead of shipping the students back home all around the country in planes, trains, and automobiles.  People need to stop and think for a minute rather than always going with the herd and isolation mode. 

We’ve got a family friend that has a daughter going to UGA.

She lives in a sorority house and everyone there tested positive for COVID.  According to her they thought catching it was inevitable so they did absolutely nothing to prevent catching it and went out to bars.

You know what UGA did? UGA sent them home.

On 9/3/2020 at 3:59 PM, WhenFalconsWin said:

I agree. There's a reason it's called shelter in place, not shelter-with-at-risk-loved-ones-after-testing-positive. Cuomo is a moron, glad NYC got a hold on things but he handled it terribly from the get-go.

The more worrying part to me is how little most people on the right are taking it seriously right now. Went to my pops AF retirement today and he'd said it'd be mandatory masks, 6 feet social distancing between groups (no point distancing between people you're always around), etc. Sensible, right? But you still get to have your shindig. Well, no, I guess not really. Most of my family is pretty conservative, and when pretty much no one showed up wearing masks or distancing, they just said **** it, so by the time I showed up for the ceremony it was just a maskless mess.

I kept the mask on and distanced, even though it sucked since I barely got to catch up with anyone, but that's a recurring theme at this kind of thing. Ditto going to church. Say you're gonna do one thing, show up and you actually couldn't give two ***** about staying safe. And it snowballs. Like, it's so easy to just be safe about things and still spend time with those you care about, doing what you love. But the science doesn't seem to really matter to a lot of folks as much as making a point does.

On 9/3/2020 at 4:35 PM, Jdrizzle said:

There's still so much we just don't know about the long lasting effects of this virus.

And the thing is, I kinda get what some people are saying about living in fear...but this is a whole new animal. The way it affects the heart is especially chilling. Why not just respect it? Mask up, six feet apart, stay in your clusters of family/friends and contact trace. The reason the virus is such a big deal here is because people are so stubborn. It's infuriating.

11 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

We’ve got a family friend that has a daughter going to UGA.

She lives in a sorority house and everyone there tested positive for COVID.  According to her they thought catching it was inevitable so they did absolutely nothing to prevent catching it and went out to bars.

You know what UGA did? UGA sent them home.

Terrible, the schools should leave them there at that point. Quarantine in the schools and eliminate the problem.