Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jdrizzle

Covid-19 thread 2.0

Posted (edited)

Give the people who worried about virus N95s mask that protect the person who wears the mask. if you give them N95s then there is no reason to try to force people to wear masks that don't want to wear them. Stupid Gov took N95s off the market right when the virus hit even though they are best masks to protect against the virus.

N95 respirators: N95 respirators are designed to create a tight seal around the nose and mouth. When worn correctly, they can block at least 95% of small airborne particles. These respirators are great at protecting both the wearer and the people around the wearer. One reason they're so effective: N95s are made out of many layers of fine polypropylene fibers, which, as we've discussed, use the power of static electricity to trap incoming and outgoing particles and droplets.

https://www.kqed.org/science/1966762/a-users-guide-to-masks-whats-best-at-protecting-others-and-yourself

Edited by Brehus

7 hours ago, ki46dinah said:

So the mom being a nurse and the dad a PA who can prescribe meds tried to home treat her likely COVID, but eventually did bring her to a hospital. TBH, from the report, it’s tough to say what a hospital would have done earlier that would have affected her unfortunate outcome.

That being said, I don’t agree on the prescribing to your family method for something like COVID prophylaxis, not to mention Azithro and Hydroxychloroquine even in mid June were already not considered to be premier medications in outcome improvement.

No matter what the parents jobs are, this isn't something you treat on your own, especially giving an unproven drug. If both work in the medical field, both should be fired immediately. Mistake number one was taking her to the "party"

Sorry maybe it's just me but if I were in those parents shoes, i'd definitely feel as if I killed my child. You don't be that careless all around from the start. 

I'm calling it now, in the end, once they finally figure out EVERYTHING there is to figure out about this virus, it's going to turn out that no, these tests are not the best and that there's a very large number of false positives, very large number and that while a large percentage were Covid related, a small percentage was something else yet it was considered Covid related due to faulty testing. 

In all seriousness, it's alarming that almost 80% of positive tests are people who show no symptoms at all. Anytime you get a virus, there's going to be at least one symptom, IMO that one symptom is diarrhea at the bare minimum. For so many people to purely be asymptomatic, something just doesn't sound right if it's a virus. Granted, I'm not a health expert nor will I pretend to be, it just isn't completely adding up.

Now this article is about a study in the U.K. so take it for what it's worth. Could be completely worthless. I guess all in all I just want some real "legit" information about the virus, how it spreads, how long it actually lingers(scientists are claiming new things now), instead of things changing every other week. I fear we wont have any true, concrete information until late this year, sometime next year. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/80-percent-of-people-who-test-positive-for-covid-have-this-in-common/ar-BB16ssCj?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I'm calling it now, in the end, once they finally figure out EVERYTHING there is to figure out about this virus, it's going to turn out that no, these tests are not the best and that there's a very large number of false positives, very large number and that while a large percentage were Covid related, a small percentage was something else yet it was considered Covid related due to faulty testing. 

In all seriousness, it's alarming that almost 80% of positive tests are people who show no symptoms at all. Anytime you get a virus, there's going to be at least one symptom, IMO that one symptom is diarrhea at the bare minimum. For so many people to purely be asymptomatic, something just doesn't sound right if it's a virus. Granted, I'm not a health expert nor will I pretend to be, it just isn't completely adding up.

Now this article is about a study in the U.K. so take it for what it's worth. Could be completely worthless. I guess all in all I just want some real "legit" information about the virus, how it spreads, how long it actually lingers(scientists are claiming new things now), instead of things changing every other week. I fear we wont have any true, concrete information until late this year, sometime next year. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/80-percent-of-people-who-test-positive-for-covid-have-this-in-common/ar-BB16ssCj?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

Most of the ones (4/5) that show no symptoms unfortunately are the ones that are passing it on to the older more vulnerable community. You can see why so many young people are not concerned, it really isn't affecting enough to be concerned about it.  But they need to be more cautious and think about other's instead of themselves. Keep up PPE and distancing protocols until we can get a vaccine.   Opening back up schools will be the next hurdle or mountain to climb. 

36 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Most of the ones (4/5) that show no symptoms unfortunately are the ones that are passing it on to the older more vulnerable community. You can see why so many young people are not concerned, it really isn't affecting enough to be concerned about it.  But they need to be more cautious and think about other's instead of themselves. Keep up PPE and distancing protocols until we can get a vaccine.   Opening back up schools will be the next hurdle or mountain to climb. 

Well they don't have to worry about mine being apart of that mountain or hurdle. Gonna be praying everyday for every teacher and student though. One teacher got sick and passed away after they were allowed back into their classrooms. It's not worth risking. 

As for the blood oxygen finger pulse oximeter, would be lovely to have someone come up to me talking about how it lowers your oxygen levels so I can put it to use and see their face. I heard a lady in the break room talking about how she doesn't wear a mask because she's a smoker and can't breathe and if you're gonna get it, you're gonna get it yadda yadda. When I told her that I have asthma and could breathe just fine and how it's people such as herself that are getting people sick I think I lost a friend. I'm so torn 🥺

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

As for the blood oxygen finger pulse oximeter, would be lovely to have someone come up to me talking about how it lowers your oxygen levels so I can put it to use and see their face. I heard a lady in the break room talking about how she doesn't wear a mask because she's a smoker and can't breathe and if you're gonna get it, you're gonna get it yadda yadda. When I told her that I have asthma and could breathe just fine and how it's people such as herself that are getting people sick I think I lost a friend. I'm so torn 🥺

Better yet get an OSHA regulated toxicity meter and put it in the mask. It starts beeping within 10 seconds letting you know oxygen levels are unsafe.

1 minute ago, wartownfalcon said:

Better yet get an OSHA regulated toxicity meter and put it in the mask. It starts beeping within 10 seconds letting you know oxygen levels are unsafe.

Pay for it and have it shipped to my house and i'll throw it in there

CNN profiled a Texas man who caught covid twice.  First in March, came down with mild symptoms and tested positive.  Recovered and tested negative twice.  Then got it more recently with even worse symptoms, including some cognitive issues.  

The kicker is that after fighting with this for months, his son still thinks the entire covid situation is a “hoax” and won’t do social distancing.  

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

CNN profiled a Texas man who caught covid twice.  First in March, came down with mild symptoms and tested positive.  Recovered and tested negative twice.  Then got it more recently with even worse symptoms, including some cognitive issues.  

The kicker is that after fighting with this for months, his son still thinks the entire covid situation is a “hoax” and won’t do social distancing.  

Son should be put out of the house if he lives with him. ******* disgusting 

32 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I'd rather copy and paste these articles but for some reason I can't highlight more than a word or 2 but any who

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/florida-teachers-say-the-state-s-decision-to-reopen-schools-could-be-deadly/ar-BB16tEUy?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

Yeah, Miami-Dade county has a positivity rate above 30%.  It’s criminally incompetent to reopen schools in that environment.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Well they don't have to worry about mine being apart of that mountain or hurdle. Gonna be praying everyday for every teacher and student though. One teacher got sick and passed away after they were allowed back into their classrooms. It's not worth risking. 

My wife is scheduled to go back July 23.  I'm not convinced that will happen but you never know!  I have a corner office near the school district and as I look aout one window I see football practice and if I look out the other window I see girls practicing softball.  

The problem with no symptoms is that once you the situation is out of control and you CANNOT trace anymore (like in the south and southwest currently), things really start to accelerate. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Pay for it and have it shipped to my house and i'll throw it in there

Don’t have to. We did it at work. I work in CE at Robins AFB. We have them for confined space entry. But just for quick reference this is where we got the idea from, did our own test

23 minutes ago, The Great American said:

My wife is scheduled to go back July 23.  I'm not convinced that will happen but you never know!  I have a corner office near the school district and as I look aout one window I see football practice and if I look out the other window I see girls practicing softball.  

It’s awesome!!! We’ve been playing softball for the past 2 months. My daughter too

2 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

It’s awesome!!! We’ve been playing softball for the past 2 months. My daughter too

We have a new coach this year.  The last one was a screamer and I could hear her yelling all the time.  The new coach seems a lot more laid back.  

I love softball and played in church and industrial leagues for quite a few years.  I finally found my niche as a pitcher. 

19 minutes ago, The Great American said:

We have a new coach this year.  The last one was a screamer and I could hear her yelling all the time.  The new coach seems a lot more laid back.  

I love softball and played in church and industrial leagues for quite a few years.  I finally found my niche as a pitcher. 

Pitching is a good position for church league, but playing tournament ball I would NEVER pitch. I like my teeth and shins too much

I have some news I wanted to pass along I will not mention exact locations for obvious reasons I am getting reports from medical personal I fully trust to be honest that some hospitals / labs that test for Covid-19 are not testing medical personal and lab techs that are known to be directly exposed to a positive co-worker and patient with the virus for the virus they are putting them in a N95 mask vs a surgical mask till the two weeks are up so if you are going for treatment of any kind it is important to wear a N95 mask instead of a surgical mask for you safety

30 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

Don’t have to. We did it at work. I work in CE at Robins AFB. We have them for confined space entry. But just for quick reference this is where we got the idea from, did our own test

I'm more concerned about second hand smoke than that. So while you're out without one not caring to get sick, I'll be comfortably doing my part to help fight it. 

7 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

Pitching is a good position for church league, but playing tournament ball I would NEVER pitch. I like my teeth and shins too much

LOL!!  I came out with all my teeth but my gosh did my shins take a beating!!