Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jdrizzle

Covid-19 thread 2.0

59 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I hate to say, good news and bad news, but it kind of is, there is no way to say 115,000 deaths are ok, but a downward turn is a light in the dark tunnel.

I just wish the powers that be, and at this time we just don't know since every agency seems to be coming out with conflicting information, could get a handle on this!

Just now, BamaBirdLady said:

I hate to say, good news and bad news, but it kind of is, there is no way to say 115,000 deaths are ok, but a downward turn is a light in the dark tunnel.

I just wish the powers that be, and at this time we just don't know since every agency seems to be coming out with conflicting information, could get a handle on this!

I hate that anyone died period to something like this. To me, and I'm no where near being an expert at this, this prediction would probably be different if the entire country was open right now. I just heard on the radio Alabama has 5000 new cases since reopening and they're trying to determine if its merely more testing or from mass gatherings. If only people would just take the mask recommendations serious at the minimum 

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I hate that anyone died period to something like this. To me, and I'm no where near being an expert at this, this prediction would probably be different if the entire country was open right now. I just heard on the radio Alabama has 5000 new cases since reopening and they're trying to determine if its merely more testing or from mass gatherings. If only people would just take the mask recommendations serious at the minimum 

Oh No, I hate to hear that about Bama! Both my kids are supposed to being going to school there in August.

I would really hate that for both of them since both are science majors. My son was a sophomore majoring in engineering and when they went to virtual classes he really struggled! My daughter will be a freshman and that would really be hard on her, not to mention all she lost being a HS senior this year!

2 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Oh No, I hate to hear that about Bama! Both my kids are supposed to being going to school there in August.

I would really hate that for both of them since both are science majors. My son was a sophomore majoring in engineering and when they went to virtual classes he really struggled! My daughter will be a freshman and that would really be hard on her, not to mention all she lost being a HS senior this year!

That sucks. Its going to be screwed up for a while everywhere. We're all going to have to make some type of adjustment. Things are going to be tough at first and by the time we all become accustomed to the new ways they're gonna try to say everything is back to normal. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Oh my goodness I hope this will be true universally.

Did they have 1,000s of idiots protesting because they couldn't get their haircut and prolong any flattening of the spread over there and refuse to refuse to respect their lockdown orders over there? Also take into consideration how extremely small their population is compared to the hardest hit spots

1 minute ago, Herr Beast said:

Church service has been the #1 spreader in Germany as well after lockdown was eased. 

My mother in law is big on church and even she has been smart enough not to go. I know there’s this thought that a lot of people don’t have internet access but imo if you’re able to afford one of these up to date cell phones along with these affordable unlimited plans, you can pull up a live stream on your phone. There’s no excuse if they have those 2 privileges

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

My mother in law is big on church and even she has been smart enough not to go. I know there’s this thought that a lot of people don’t have internet access but imo if you’re able to afford one of these up to date cell phones along with these affordable unlimited plans, you can pull up a live stream on your phone. There’s no excuse if they have those 2 privileges

Some people seem to have a death wish. In Germany only old people go to church service, most of them with pre existing conditions. 

Just now, Herr Beast said:

Some people seem to have a death wish. In Germany only old people go to church service, most of them with pre existing conditions. 

That’s just sad to hear

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

That’s just sad to hear

Organized religion is pretty much dead over here (Bavaria maybe one exception) for people under 60. So if we talk about church service, we always talk about very elderly people. Basically a church service as a spreading event has to be taken as seriously as such an event in a care home.