• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Urban Dictionary refers to that as the “Leon Troutsky”.

I also suspect that Trump says things like 'we asked to slow the testing down' when they did no such thing, and no such thing was ever communicated through any official channel. How anyone could

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I don't think I want to....lol. 

Lol. I’m telling you man. A mandate is nothing without enforcement. When the law says publicly not to call them if anything pops off, what’s the point. Store workers are told not to argue with people to keep violence down. Any mandate we have this way is a complete joke

Oregon and Washington are basically still on lockdown. Everywhere is limited to 25% capacity. Restaurants have had dining rooms shut down since 11/15 and likely not coming back until March at the soonest. And yes, if you enter ANYWHERE, I mean the grocery store, target, a restaurant, anywhere without a mask on, you'll be asked to put one on or to leave. It's very extreme up here. The thought of being in a Home Depot with half the people not wearing masks is crazy to me. 

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Oregon and Washington are basically still on lockdown. Everywhere is limited to 25% capacity. Restaurants have had dining rooms shut down since 11/15 and likely not coming back until March at the soonest. And yes, if you enter ANYWHERE, I mean the grocery store, target, a restaurant, anywhere without a mask on, you'll be asked to put one on or to leave. It's very extreme up here. The thought of being in a Home Depot with half the people not wearing masks is crazy to me. 

Man I went to Walmart for dam near the first time since January a couple weeks ago and felt extra nasty when I got out of there. Peeps don’t care. I already told you the situation at my job. You know it’s bad when it doesn’t even get enforced at work. 

On 1/4/2021 at 6:52 PM, Jdrizzle said:

You mean the most populous state in the country that is the epicenter of the outbreak is now the epicenter (by raw numbers of new cases) of the outbreak? That's crazy.

Now if we were using common sense we'd compare the top three states as far as infections which would be California, Texas, and Florida. We'd also take into account that California has almost double the population of Florida

California has had 6.17% of the population test positive.

Texas has had 6.28% of the population test positive.

Florida has had 6.4% of the population test positive.

Wonder what the difference is and has been?

Oh wait we can look at states that didn't shut down.

South Dakota where 11.3% of the population has tested positive.

North Dakota=12.2%

Arkansas=7.7%

Iowa=9%

Utah=8.6%

Wyoming=7.8%

Montana=7.7%

Going by raw new cases without comparing populations is dumb and only tells half the story. But you work with numbers for a living and you already knew that.

Just LOL guy. If you don’t think California, in spite of their lockdowns, is not still just a huge mess both with the virus as well as with their economy, then oh well. One doesn’t have to be a mathematician to know you’re just playing dumber than dumb. 

Speaking of using common sense and numbers, I bet you just love this one from NBER:

https://www.nber.org/papers/w28110

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Just LOL guy. If you don’t think California, in spite of their lockdowns, is not still just a huge mess both with the virus as well as with their economics, then oh well. You’re just playing dumber than dumb. 

Speaking of using common sense and numbers, I bet you just love this one from NBER:

https://www.nber.org/papers/w28110

California is a huge ******* mess as well as the rest of the United States.

Also most media is covering the thing where 400,000+ Americans are going to die and they're completely ******* up the vaccine rollout....well it's mostly negative. Well no ****. 

2 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

California is a huge ******* mess as well as the rest of the United States.

Also most media is covering the thing where 400,000+ Americans are going to die and they're completely ******* up the vaccine rollout....well it's mostly negative. Well no ****. 

Speaking of vaccine, just like with California, I also find it ironic that the most hated industry in the world delivered a miracle.....indeed a brace of miracles....in record time. 

But I’m sure you’ll spin your half-empty negativity on this as well. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-12-23/covid-vaccine-how-big-pharma-saved-the-world-in-2020

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Speaking of vaccine, just like with California, I also find it ironic that the most hated industry in the world delivered a miracle.....indeed a brace of miracles....in record time. 

But I’m sure you’ll spin your half-empty negativity on this as well. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-12-23/covid-vaccine-how-big-pharma-saved-the-world-in-2020

Are you really cheerleading big pharma? Is that where we are?

Honestly it explains a lot though.

25 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

Remember when y'all use to judge our response to Covid-19 by deaths per million?

Compare Texas to that horrible horrible California and tell me why more people have died in Texas despite the massive difference in population.

Yes I do, and you kept saying we shouldn’t be discussing deaths. But of course, you were talking out of both sides on that one too as when deaths started reeving up more and more of your own posts started mentioning them, more and more.

As far as deaths in Texas vs California, surely you grasp that wasn’t the point. Or maybe all along I’ve just given you way too much credit? 

22 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

Are you really cheerleading big pharma? Is that where we are?

Honestly it explains a lot though.

Yes it does, because all along I’ve been “cheerleading” a vaccine was coming sooner than you think. 

Your lazy cheap shot notwithstanding, it about science, not “big pharma”. It was always about the science with me.

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yes I do, and you kept saying we shouldn’t be discussing deaths. But of course, you were talking out of both sides on that one too as when deaths started reeving up more and more of your own posts started mentioning them.

As far as deaths in Texas vs California, surely you grasp that wasn’t the point. Or maybe all along I’ve just given you way too much credit? 

Oh no I get the point but you're not acknowledging what the cost was.

Does anyone remember when the Trump administration turned down offers for more vaccines and the answer back in December was "NO".  I remember and especially so should the families who have been infected. Trump isn't worth the dignity of any farewells except thousands of middle finger salutes as his rotten A$$ leaves the White House.  

On 1/16/2021 at 8:29 AM, Big_Dog said:

Does anyone remember when the Trump administration turned down offers for more vaccines and the answer back in December was "NO".  I remember and especially so should the families who have been infected. Trump isn't worth the dignity of any farewells except thousands of middle finger salutes as his rotten A$$ leaves the White House.  

That’s not really true. They didn’t say no, they were in middle of negotiations for the next batch. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/12/23/health/pfizer-vaccine-purchase-100-million-doses/index.html

Bottom line, Its a miracle we even have vaccines to distribute this soon. And to be fair, Trump Administration played a major role in the quickest vaccination in history. 

I won’t disagree with your 2nd part, lol. 

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and son tested positive.  Almost no symptoms.  I had to quarantine for ten days.  No symptoms.  Tested negative.  

Never seen a virus so wildly indiscriminant with such loopy symptoms.  My doctor said that there is a study in New York that is looking into a link between COVID-19 and potentially causing *****ile dysfunction.  What.  The.  ****.

32 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

My wife and son tested positive.  Almost no symptoms.  I had to quarantine for ten days.  No symptoms.  Tested negative.  

Never seen a virus so wildly indiscriminant with such loopy symptoms.  My doctor said that there is a study in New York that is looking into a link between COVID-19 and potentially causing *****ile dysfunction.  What.  The.  ****.

Not sure I want ED. 

One of my managers wife just beat her battle. He's one of those "everyone should get it"guys. She got it from her brother. Developed pneumonia on top of it and almost hospitalized. People really don't believe that you can be sick and not know it, even with a regular cold. It's crazy that it's still not being taken serious 

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Not sure I want ED. 

One of my managers wife just beat her battle. He's one of those "everyone should get it"guys. She got it from her brother. Developed pneumonia on top of it and almost hospitalized. People really don't believe that you can be sick and not know it, even with a regular cold. It's crazy that it's still not being taken serious 

The folks I know that have tested positive all said it's flu like symptoms.  Most stayed at home, watched Netflix and got over it in a few days.  It's like many respiratory viruses, it attacks the elderly hard, folks with immuno issues, smokers, and anyone who is already really sick.  Perfectly healthy folks have little to actually worry about.  

It went through my son's school teachers like a wildfire.  And none of the kids got it.  ***** crazy.

4 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

The folks I know that have tested positive all said it's flu like symptoms.  Most stayed at home, watched Netflix and got over it in a few days.  It's like many respiratory viruses, it attacks the elderly hard, folks with immuno issues, smokers, and anyone who is already really sick.  Perfectly healthy folks have little to actually worry about.  

It went through my son's school teachers like a wildfire.  And none of the kids got it.  ***** crazy.

That's why we avoid crowds. Me and my oldest both have upper respiratory issues. She got the flu from a teacher who decided to keep coming to school and we thought it was over for her. Don't want to go through that **** again, especially with my child.