Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jdrizzle

Covid-19 thread 2.0

So I may or may not have taken the lazy way out and banned a poster with the instant nuke button without realizing that the original Covid-19 thread was actually his thread........but the original thread is gone.

Hypothetically speaking.......my bad.

Continue on though 

5 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

And that is surprising why?

It’s a joke about yesterday in the Covid thread when tactician repeatedly posted an Urban Dictionary definition of a gross thing Leon had previously jokingly posted. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

It’s a joke about yesterday in the Covid thread when tactician repeatedly posted an Urban Dictionary definition of a gross thing Leon had previously jokingly posted. 

I was actually making a joke about it making news that a woman, female, would fake an orgasm.

4 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I was actually making a joke about it making news that a woman, female, would fake an orgasm.

It’s 2020, there’s no need to woman’splain to me ;) 

*again a joke making a turnabout on the phrase “man’splain” 

10 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Also, the covid numbers for Georgia don’t look great:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/georgia-coronavirus-cases.html

If you drill down into these numbers, there is a decline in cases and death since the shutdown was lifted.

I took the numbers of cases from 4/25 to 5/15, that leaves open the 14 days of possible new cases, and the number of new cases was 13,667.

I took the number of cases from 4/5 to 4/24, same number of days 21, and there were 15, 721 new cases.

I used the same method with number of deaths. 4/25-5/15 number of deaths were 674 and 4/5-4/24 deaths were 691

I take this as a possible for us being able to opening sooner rather than later and getting our lives closer to being on track.

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

This was discussed in a recent New Yorker article I read, that suggested this as the most likely scenario. It's not that the virus jumped to humans in the market, it's that someone came to the market infected and that it was an ideal spot for super spreading.

1 minute ago, eatcorn said:

Or you could just look at the simple graph with the 7 day moving average that...doesn't look great.

The final day of the graph is moving down, but remember the 14 day waiting period.

I prefer to get actual numbers rather than just looking at a graph.

18 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

The final day of the graph is moving down, but remember the 14 day waiting period.

I prefer to get actual numbers rather than just looking at a graph.

Also, and this wouldn’t be obvious to anyone in this thread, but I was also just pointing something about covid for the sake of having covid content in the thread considering the first couple of posts.  

15 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Also, and this wouldn’t be obvious to anyone in this thread, but I was also just pointing something about covid for the sake of having covid content in the thread considering the first couple of posts.  

Yea,   I get it, I was just replying to that poster.

1 minute ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Yea,   I get it, I was just replying to that poster.

Oh that’s fine.  I was just clarifying for everyone the context and “inside joke”.  I probably should have put something like, “Some actual covid related information”.

It is no freaking wonder that the confusion and disagreements about this virus  can sometimes lead to attacks and violence when you come across an article like this! This is kind of what I was trying to say yesterday when I said the information coming out of certain organizations really needs to checked and verified to avoid confusion for all of us.

So this article by the WHO says those of us without symptoms don't need to masks in public, only when we are treating family members who may be sick. I'm sorry that is so crazy!

Some of you may think because I don't like the government mandating my civil liberties that I won't wear a mask, but I do. I wear one all day at the school expect when I am in my office alone, I wear one when I go out shopping or do anything outside my home. 

I just think the government can't tell me I HAVE to wear a mask, I have a choice and I choose to wear a mask.  Anyway, here is the article from the WHO.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/who-guidance-healthy-people-wear-masks-around-coronavirus-patients

2 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

It is no freaking wonder that the confusion and disagreements about this virus  can sometimes lead to attacks and violence when you come across an article like this! This is kind of what I was trying to say yesterday when I said the information coming out of certain organizations really needs to checked and verified to avoid confusion for all of us.

So this article by the WHO says those of us without symptoms don't need to masks in public, only when we are treating family members who may be sick. I'm sorry that is so crazy!

Some of you may think because I don't like the government mandating my civil liberties that I won't wear a mask, but I do. I wear one all day at the school expect when I am in my office alone, I wear one when I go out shopping or do anything outside my home. 

I just think the government can't tell me I HAVE to wear a mask, I have a choice and I choose to wear a mask.  Anyway, here is the article from the WHO.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/who-guidance-healthy-people-wear-masks-around-coronavirus-patients

The WHO has been a shill for China and a failure from the get go on CV-19.