FOX News doing what they do best...

On 5/28/2020 at 10:24 AM, ya_boi_j said:

Sure did. Roddy was Mr. Falcon his entire career. I felt bad for him seeing how he went out. Was honestly hoping he would join New England and get at least one ring for his career but he remained loyal and went out with his head held high

Do you remember when I said Roddy was in discussions with NE after that year and you called me an idiot, and to show you proof?  I remember. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I’d replace Deion with Roddy. That’s just me though 

Replace Deion with Humphrey, Tuggle, Van Note or Roddy.

+1. Deion had more talent, but Roddy had way, way more Falcons.

Just now, Dr_truth189 said:

Do you remember when I said Roddy was in discussions with NE after that year and you called me an idiot, and to show you proof?  I remember. 

Probably did. Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve called someone an idiot.  🤷🏽‍♂️ Sorry to let you know that people change their opinions on things over time. People also change overtime. But that’s neither here nor there. If you’re still hung up on something that was said 4+ years ago then Im deeply sorry

6 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

"Why is everybody replacing Deion? The falcons drafted arguably the greatest corner of all time. Smart move. And also the FALCONS were stupid enough to let him go because they didn’t want to pay him. Dumb move. That’s a Falcon blunder. Not Deion’s fault. He would’ve played in atl for a long time if they payed him his worth. Instead, they gave him the ability to go win rings with other teams BECAUSE they were too cheap. THIS is the kind of stupidity that has set this franchise back when the smiths were at the helm and it was deep within the teams Dna. Had Arthur been the original owner of this team the falcons probably would’ve had a few rings by now." - @TheFatboi 

Teams lose players due to contracts disputes or not paying enough of what that players wants. This happens all the time. That's fine, players and teams move on from there.

Where I have problems with is when he played for Dallas and came back here in the dome show boating, all that stuff he did, was unnecessary. Like the quote something he said... I built this house or this dome etc.  

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Probably did. Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve called someone an idiot.  🤷🏽‍♂️ Sorry to let you know that people change their opinions on things over time. People also change overtime. But that’s neither here nor there. If you’re still hung up on something that was said 4+ years ago then Im deeply sorry

All I've ever wanted from you was this apology.  We're friends again! 

Honestly though I get it, some random person on the internet shows up and says "trust me I have an inside source" is the same as grade school when kids said "my dad works at Nintendo." I do my best to separate fact and opinion.  

2 minutes ago, Dr_truth189 said:

All I've ever wanted from you was this apology.  We're friends again! 

Honestly though I get it, some random person on the internet shows up and says "trust me I have an inside source" is the same as grade school when kids said "my dad works at Nintendo." I do my best to separate fact and opinion.  

👍🏼

46 minutes ago, rudy said:

Teams lose players due to contracts disputes or not paying enough of what that players wants. This happens all the time. That's fine, players and teams move on from there.

Where I have problems with is when he played for Dallas and came back here in the dome show boating, all that stuff he did, was unnecessary. Like the quote something he said... I built this house or this dome etc.  

I still don't understand. Showboating and **** talking is sports. Especially football, basketball and boxing. If it upsets your gentleman's sensibilities, then you should probably follow golf, chess, cricket and baseball. 

Rock out with your pinky in the air!!

1 hour ago, E. T. said:

This list needs to be much longer than just 4.

I said this right off the bat man.  But the 4 listed are quite deserving.  Sanders included.  An extended list would be cool.  

It's not a big deal, folks can have their own personal preferences, but this is the one that was posted so I am good with it.

38 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I said this right off the bat man.  But the 4 listed are quite deserving.  Sanders included.  An extended list would be cool.  

It's not a big deal, folks can have their own personal preferences, but this is the one that was posted so I am good with it.

That's the thing. These types of things are pure personal opinion. Nothing more. 

36 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's the thing. These types of things are pure personal opinion. Nothing more. 

You got it ya_boi, and that is why it's so interesting spending time on here.  I learn quite a bit here, agree quite a bit with others,  but also find myself on opposite ends of the spectrum sometimes...  It's all good stuff imo. 

On 5/28/2020 at 10:22 PM, Roanoke Falcon said:

I believe it was 5 years, but I could be wrong.

While this doesn't change the basic truth of what you said, Deion didn't Diva-whine his way out like Ramsey did to Jacksonville. The Smith's low-balled him and let him walk without compensation. I don't blame Deion at all for bolting. Not even a little bit.

I don’t necessarily blame him for leaving  either I just don’t think he’s Mr. Atlanta is all 

On 5/29/2020 at 1:58 AM, TheFatboi said:

Why is everybody replacing Deion? The falcons drafted arguably the greatest corner of all time. Smart move. And also the FALCONS were stupid enough to let him go because they didn’t want to pay him. Dumb move. That’s a Falcon blunder. Not Deion’s fault. He would’ve played in atl for a long time if they payed him his worth. Instead, they gave him the ability to go win rings with other teams BECAUSE they were too cheap. THIS is the kind of stupidity that has set this franchise back when the smiths were at the helm and it was deep within the teams Dna. Had Arthur been the original owner of this team the falcons probably would’ve had a few rings by now. 

There are two sides to every dispute.  Deion wanted to be with a championship team.  The Falcons were going no where.  The blame goes to the owners of the franchise, not the star player.  I felt insulted and betrayed when Deion left, but looking back on his decision, I think he made the right choice.