FOX News doing what they do best...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I’d replace Deion with Roddy. That’s just me though 

Replace Deion with Humphrey, Tuggle, Van Note or Roddy.

+1. Deion had more talent, but Roddy had way, way more Falcons.

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I hope he does make it to the Hall. 

I think he deserves to make it. He ranks 34th all-time in catches, 38th all-time in yards, and is tied for 68th in touchdowns. Yeah, he's a little down the list on touchdowns but he's high enough on catches and yards I think he should be there.

Sadly for Roddy there's a few players blocking his path to the HOF, guys that have a bit better numbers but aren't in the HOF.

• Henry Ellard - 814 REC, 13,777 YDS, 65 TD
  • Irving Fryar - 851 REC, 12,785 YDS, 84 TD
  • Jimmy Smith - 862 REC, 12,287 YDS, 67 TD
  • Roddy White - 808 REC, 10,863 YDS, 63 TD

If none of those guys can get in then Roddy's chances are slim to none either.

10 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Personally, I’d replace Deion with Roddy. That’s just me though 

Interesting.

When I was one of the few, brave seat warmers at AFCS during 1982-whatever seasons.

EVERY time Deion was the punt returner.....All neck hairs raised-up.

What a joy to experience.

Charisma/electricity from hundreds of feet away.   I was in the second level....Best seats in the old barn.

1 minute ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Interesting.

When I was one of the few, brave seat warmers at AFCS during 1982-whatever seasons.

EVERY time Deion was the punt returner.....All neck hairs raised-up.

What a joy to experience.

Charisma/electricity from hundreds of feet away.   I was in the second level....Best seats in the old barn.

I didnt get to watch Deion until the end of his Falcon days into his 49er and Cowboy days. Main thing I remember about Deion in Atlanta was him playing both sports in a single day. I wasn't even 10 years old so you older guys have a greater appreciation for him than I do. I choose Roddy because he was and still is Mr. Falcon even in retirement

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah I loved watching him when he was a Cowboy. He had so much swag. That speed was to die for at that time

No. The speed and skill was secondary.....It was the charisma that radiated for hundreds of feet: He knowing that he was the best player on the field. Made my hair stand up. I'm telling ya. NO JOKE.

Waiting on a punt he would be raising arms and moving. The sparse crowd would get with it.

My brother and I would go and sit among the die-hard 20K or so that would show on a 45 degree day.

Birds would lose...but we were there to see the greats.    other teams mostly.:lol:

1 hour ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Same. I kinda hate how I’m supposed to love Deion Sanders when that fool was only here like what, 4 years? Go to nflshop.com/falcons and he’s the first thing you see. Dude played there for 4 years like 40 years ago

I believe it was 5 years, but I could be wrong.

While this doesn't change the basic truth of what you said, Deion didn't Diva-whine his way out like Ramsey did to Jacksonville. The Smith's low-balled him and let him walk without compensation. I don't blame Deion at all for bolting. Not even a little bit.

Why is everybody replacing Deion? The falcons drafted arguably the greatest corner of all time. Smart move. And also the FALCONS were stupid enough to let him go because they didn’t want to pay him. Dumb move. That’s a Falcon blunder. Not Deion’s fault. He would’ve played in atl for a long time if they payed him his worth. Instead, they gave him the ability to go win rings with other teams BECAUSE they were too cheap. THIS is the kind of stupidity that has set this franchise back when the smiths were at the helm and it was deep within the teams Dna. Had Arthur been the original owner of this team the falcons probably would’ve had a few rings by now. 

4 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Why is everybody replacing Deion? The falcons drafted arguably the greatest corner of all time. Smart move. And also the FALCONS were stupid enough to let him go because they didn’t want to pay him. Dumb move. That’s a Falcon blunder. Not Deion’s fault. He would’ve played in atl for a long time if they payed him his worth. Instead, they gave him the ability to go win rings with other teams BECAUSE they were too cheap. THIS is the kind of stupidity that has set this franchise back when the smiths were at the helm and it was deep within the teams Dna. Had Arthur been the original owner of this team the falcons probably would’ve had a few rings by now. 

I replaced him simply for time spent on the sqaud. If I'm going to have my Mt. Rushmore, it's gonna be 4 great Falcons that spent most if not all their time here. Other than that, Deion is the ****!!! I love that dude!! AND he reps ATL more than any other squad he's played for.

6 hours ago, rudy said:

Personally neon Deion should not be a Falcons anything. The way he disrespected the Falcons when he left here I never understand why he's even being mentioned.

"Why is everybody replacing Deion? The falcons drafted arguably the greatest corner of all time. Smart move. And also the FALCONS were stupid enough to let him go because they didn’t want to pay him. Dumb move. That’s a Falcon blunder. Not Deion’s fault. He would’ve played in atl for a long time if they payed him his worth. Instead, they gave him the ability to go win rings with other teams BECAUSE they were too cheap. THIS is the kind of stupidity that has set this franchise back when the smiths were at the helm and it was deep within the teams Dna. Had Arthur been the original owner of this team the falcons probably would’ve had a few rings by now." - @TheFatboi 

15 hours ago, g-dawg said:

to each his own but you cannot leave Matt Ryan off - too much success and his position too important to be left off.

to be considered on the MT Rushmore of the Falcons(for me), you first need to be in the ring of honor. ask me again when Ryan joins them. as of right now, my list is solid. 

9 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I only replaced him because he only played 5 years for the Falcons. Not hating on him for going after the money and rings. Simply when I think about a franchise's mount rushmore it's got to be guys that made a major franchise impact over an extended period of time.