Do you think that the Falcons are a legit super bowl contender this upcoming season?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably not with this coaching staff. 

Short answer - No.  Long answer - They could be.  I believe there is a lot of talent, but I am still very concerned about the D-Line, O-Line, LB's, and CB's.  That's a lot of question marks.

Its gonna take a lot of magic to make it to the Super Bowl, and thats where we are most suspect.

Magic happens on special teams, those rare instances in a game where toe meets leather and team depth gets exposed. Competition at K & P, we have no return game, no gunners, its all in flux.  

Last year's special teams killed us in as many games as offense or defense. JPP couldnt count how many kickers we went through using both his hands.

Meh I don't think we can be called contenders, but that's just fine. If anything I prefer a chip on the shoulder. Makes winning that much sweeter. We have the tools to make a really good run. We can punch that playoff ticket. Then we just need to get hot for a few games. 

12 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

I disagree.

Do we have the talent on the roster to win a championship? On offense, absolutely. On defense, if we catch all the right breaks, then possibly.

The real reason to doubt this team's ability to even have a winning record is Dan Quinn and the coaching staff.

If the defense can play as well as it did in the 2017 playoffs under DQ and the offense can play as well as it did in 2012 under Dirk Koetter they should be a legit contender.

The list of teams that I would consider to be legit contenders, before the season start, is short.  To me, the team has a lot to prove to be included on that list.

Certainly it's possible the Falcons prove to be contenders, I just don't think they've done anything to deserve the benefit of the doubt.   

Man I sure hope so.  They’ve done a ton of shuckin’ and jivin’ w this roster......as usual claiming they “love the make up of our new talent” blah blah blah.......can they contend.....maybe if all stars align properly.  Can they win it all???  Depends on who they play and whether or not they lay down in 4th qtr.  what does their track record tell us??

They will have to stay healthy, be able to run the ball effectively, OL needs to grow and come together as a unit, Koetter needs to learn how to use his backs all game long .Ryan, Julio, Gurley, Ridley and Hurst need monster years. Defensively still waiting for DQ to get a quasi Legion of Boom going in the dirty south, he's got a few pieces and a whole chitload of unknowns, serious depth issues Deion, Grady, Dante, Kazee, Ricardo and Neal do give them good veteran leadership if they stay healthy and can bring along guys like Terrell, Oliver and Cominsky they got a shot at the playoffs after that get a few breaks they could reel off a 3-4 game win streak.

I think we do better when everyone counts us out in the media and they have low expectations. The Falcons will never be front runners, we are always that team that sneaks up on everyone and gets hot, or at least that’s been us in our two super bowl seasons.

the talent gap between each team is not as great as some try to make it out. We were supposed to be “loaded” after 2016 but we see how the next three years turned out. What matters is how everyone takes to the coaching, are the right buttons pushed, is confidence gained at the right time/belief in ourselves and talent coalesces and peaks at the same time. If that happens, we can beat anyone. We just need to believe we can beat anyone. Hopefully, the New Orleans and San Francisco wins last year have gotten this team in believing in itself. If that happens, watch out!!

Legit SB contenders? No,  I don't think any non-falcons fan would view them as a SB contender right now. Hopefully they will surprise us this year like they did in 2016. Just don't **** it up again, guys! Please!!

On 5/29/2020 at 5:52 AM, Vandy said:

Doesn’t really matter what we think. And even less what the talking heads think. 

The key is if the players/coaches think they are. 

As usual, I disagree. Almost every player on every team thinks they are legit contenders this time of year.

The key is going to be if they actually ARE contenders, and CONSISTENTLY play like contenders.

3 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

As usual, I disagree. Almost every player on every team thinks they are legit contenders this time of year.

The key is going to be if they actually ARE contenders, and CONSISTENTLY play like contenders.

Because you are always posting from a confused state.

It starts in your brain first. You have to believe you are a winner first.

You have to Instill the discipline second. This comes from coaching.

Consistency cannot happen until those two are dialed in.

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Because you are always posting from a confused state.

It starts in your brain first. You have to believe you are a winner first.

You have to Instill the discipline second. This comes from coaching.

Consistency cannot happen until those two are dialed in.

I started to ask what you think I am confused about.

But then I stopped. I realized I don't care what your idiotic answer was going to be. No matter what you would have answered, it would have been stupidly wrong anyway, so just don't bother.

On 5/27/2020 at 12:27 PM, Captain Falcon said:

Yes. There’s so much parity in football it’s so hard to predict. We could go 6-10 or go the superbowl. It’s impossible to predict 

Every year there a few teams that, going into the season, I'm not-at-all confident of what kind of team they'll be.  Maybe 6-10, maybe 10-6.  Last year I felt that way about the Bucs and Chargers.  This year I feel that way about the Falcons, Raiders, and Cardinals. 

5 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

I started to ask what you think I am confused about.

But then I stopped. I realized I don't care what your idiotic answer was going to be. No matter what you would have answered, it would have been stupidly wrong anyway, so just don't bother.

Well now. You obviously do care and it obviously does bother you quite a bit. 

Posted (edited)

With the unbelievable amount of talent, especially on offense that this franchise has had in the past 10 years or so it's incredibly frustrating that they don't have at least one Lombardi and just like in golf, once you miss that 3ft putt, no matter how well the round turns out, you'll always think about what it could've been if you'd made that putt on #16. 2016 will always be that missed 3 footer. 2012 will be the tee shot into the drink on #12.

The Falcons Superbowl win will probably come after the so called window is closed and the high dollar talent is gone. That's usually the way of the world.

Edited by slider