Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcons Fan MVP

Who's do you think is the best quarterback in the NFC South right now?

I know Tom Brady is the G.O.A.T. and Drew Brees is a beast but they are getting old and I think that Matt Ryan will be the best quarterback in the NFC South in 2020. My NFC South quarterback rankings for 2020. I think Brady will be better than Brees.

1. Matt Ryan

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Teddy Bridgewater

1. Brees- Super efficient, very accurate, and deadly at the end of ends

2. Ryan- If there has ever been a put up or shut up yr... this is it y’all.  Like most, a part of me died when we lost that SB, a few wasted seasons since and I’m tired of the excuses...  the FO has surrounded MR2 with 52 other 1st rounders so let’s f***ing get it! 😬   I can appreciate the effort the FO has shown, the aggressive stance they have taken in FA accumulating talent,  but let’s not be the Browns here and be paper champions, let’s not squander the opportunity to take this league by storm.  I still believe in the Brotherhood!  I do believe we can and will choose to RiseUp!  

3. Brady- Respect for The GOAT, but he’s NOT the same player, I’m scared of all his weapons, but that was not the question

4. Bridgewater- A possible Cinderella story candidate, but like most... not expecting too much from Car

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

You already know what this MB is gonna say. C'mon mate

I'm curious to see what people on here think about our competition compared to Ryan. Opinions of Matt Ryan on here are definitely split. 

Here's my thoughts from a similar thread a few days ago...

For their careers:
1. Brady
2. Brees
3. Ryan
4. Bridgewater

For 2020:
1. Ryan
He's done really well in the second year after a OC was hired, and for Koetter's second stint in Atlanta, this will be year two. The familiarity to the scheme, teammates, stadium, etc. gives Ryan an advantage over Brady's situation. If Gurley is healthy & Hurst lives up to his draft status, Ryan might have the best set of weapons in what seems to be a pretty stacked division in terms of offensive talent. That's a slight edge over Brees & Brady, and a significant edge over Bridgewater in Carolina. Ryan also still has more gas left in the tank at this point in his career than Brees or Brady.

2. Brees
Seemed like he struggled getting the ball down the field last year. While still extremely well-poised in the pocket & accurate on short to mid range throws, his arm strength has noticeably taken a hit recently. He's still got a great offensive mind scheming things up, so that helps his case... but the fact that he's being taken off the field several plays per game in favor of Hill also says something about the value Brees has these days compared to years past where there's no way you'd ver take that guy out of the game.

3. Brady
Brady looked like trash for a lot of last season playing for the team he's been with for almost two decades, with an OC he's had forever using a system that catered specifically to brady's comforts & abilities. While they said they're open to doing some things Brady likes, there won't be a complete overhaul of Arians scheme in Tampa. So, can a 42 year old Brady change cities, change schemes, change o-lines, and still be successful? I have my doubts.

4. Bridgewater
Teddy's a more than capable backup/spot starter, but I just don't know if he's a long-term answer for anyone. The coaching there is a bit of a question mark at this level & the team seems to be in the midst of an overhaul, so I think lowering expectations for Teddy is best. He's got a chance to be pretty good, but I don't expect anything great.

23 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

1. Bridgewater

2. Brady

3. Byron Leftwich

4a. Brees

4b. Taysom Hill

5. Schaub

6. The ghost of Jimmy Clausen

7. Ryan

fify

Posted (edited)

CURRENTLY.  May surprise folks by me saying this.  Ryan is the best. Brady and Brees have fallen off and are showing  their age. Bridgwater doesn't have a large body of work...

Edited by Spts1

Ryan is currently the best.  Brees has been the best passer of the past 10 years or so.  Brady was the best game manager, perhaps of all time.  Ryan is a mix of Brady and Brees, and at this point, he's better than either of them, but both of them are in decline due to age.  Ryan hasn't shown signs of decline due to age yet.