Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, caponine said:

Man let that sht go, yall still btch and complain about it all the time. It was 4 years ago, move on. Im tired of seeing this same exact thread every month. The Falcons choked , end of story. Find something else to do 

I feel your sentiments but reality is that isn’t happening until this org strings together a run of domination and championships such that those NFL films can discuss 51 as “the awakening of a giant.....a behemoth.......the beginning of not just revenge but a forced RECKONING (in that low and creepy voice) upon the rest of this league like what was never before witnessed”......until this franchise does that.......it’s always bigger than the franchise.  It’s the only history they’ve made to date.  Forget the “benze”, new unis or any other smoke and mirror tactic. They wrote this history and until they do something big enough to render it a footnote in our history, it’s all they/we have.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything isn’t a conspiracy people.    we lost because they made more plays than we did.      The end

I still to this day believe the reason we lost to the Pats was because of TV ratings. We had such a lead that the NFL who didn't want people tuning out and the ratings going way down and losing future

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

I’d like nothing more but it can’t happen until we win it all and to be fully avenged Brady must be destroyed at the hands of this team.  It would darn near take a perfect season to erase that and even then......even then......I just can’t.  
 

I admit that I lost all respect for this staff and what ltl I had for this franchise that night.  I said it yes!!!!  I’m a fan, would love nothing more than to see these wrongs righted but what are the chances of this franchise getting it completely right even once.......even after 54 years???    It’s just not who “they” are I’m afraid.  Let’s just say it’s prbly a much smaller chance than the chances were for them to blow that lead in first place.   I mean, this bunch of clowns had to work to give that lead away......yet......in spite of highest odds.....our losing legacy prevailed!!!!!

I hear your argument bro but this is just a game we love to watch.  I have been faithfully watching this team for the past 40 years.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I hear your argument bro but this is just a game we love to watch.  I have been faithfully watching this team for the past 40 years.  

Me too and I’m sure I will continue to do so.......but we (us old guys esp) have seen this show, song and dance etc over and over for as long as we’ve been watching.  I can’t even explain how badly I want this team to win but it’s always “something”......I really thought we were about to exercise 50 years of demons and was kicked squarely and firmly between the eyes by this org. I will no longer believe or hope.....they’ll win just enough to keep hope alive but I don’t see this club ever becoming consistently dominant.  Much less winning it all.   We’d have to play ALL 4 qtrs which is against our DNA.  Either way, I’ll keep watching but hopefully not ever “getting my hopes up again”.   I thought we’d beaten Dallas in ‘80.....San Fran in ‘12......it always ends same.  

Edited by BUBBASBEANS
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Me too and I’m sure I will continue to do so.......but we (us old guys esp) have seen this show, song and dance etc over and over for as long as we’ve been watching.  I can’t even explain how badly I want this team to win but it’s always “something”......I really thought we were about to exercise 50 years of demons and was kicked squarely and firmly between the eyes by this org. I will no longer believe or hope.....they’ll win just enough to keep hope alive but I don’t see this club ever becoming consistently dominant.  Much less winning it all.   We’d have to play ALL 4 qtrs which is against our DNA.  Either way, I’ll keep watching but hopefully not ever “getting my hopes up again”.   I thought we’d beaten Dallas in ‘80.....San Fran in ‘12......it always ends same.  

That’s where I’m at as well!  It’s truly time for our team to put up or shut up!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We lost because Quinn did not step into his role and direct Shanny to run the ball to burn time and kick a simple FG.  Then, our defense allowed the Pats to dominate for the rest of the game.  Finally, our offense could not keep the ball long enough for our defenders to finish half a cup of Gatorade.  

It was the perfect combination of ineptitude by our head coach and injuries along the OL.  

The injuries could not be helped, but coaching ineptitude.....that is a different matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

This has always bothered me too but let’s be honest....we dominated them and should’ve never allowed it to get that close......”bend don’t break”.....usually breaks when bent hard or long enough.....add in that our staffs’ sphincters obv got too tight to manage (override a rogue coordinator) and you get a choke job of epic and historical proportions which is WHO this staff, ownership and team are until they prove otherwise.  Until this “wrong” is righted we may as well have a big fat clown on side of those matte black “fire” uniforms.  “FIRE” would be winning it all for once.  Put up or shut up time for this franchise after last 4 years.  Period, the end!  

Yeah. We had trouble holding on to leads that whole season. San Diego came back on us and we had a couple of close calls against New Orleans and Carolina where they made a late run.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Yeah. We had trouble holding on to leads that whole season. San Diego came back on us and we had a couple of close calls against New Orleans and Carolina where they made a late run.

Yep,  I realize it’s the NFL and everyone is capable of beating anyone else on a given day but we as an organization (so I’m not even signing out DQ and co) have never been able to consistently execute at a high level.  Too many ups/downs during games.  We fight hard but seem to always find a way to make ourselves fight harder than necessary.  If you think about it, we had every opportunity to have swept NO last year.....nearly pulled it off w our miraculous onside kick show but bc we put ourselves in that position it just couldn’t be overcome in end.  Same thing in ‘12 and of course 51 and Philly playoff game following year.  This org just can’t seem to shake the appearance that we will either give a big game away or try too at very least.  Is it coaching, character and quality of players, is it leadership in general??   Or has this franchise been victim to more sinister and nefarious dealings (as many suggest)??  Ratings??? Vegas???? At some point you have to wonder.  I’m not saying I blv that is case but I am saying that it’s a bit odd that an org can be such a lock to fail for 54+ years and not accidentally stumble to a championship.  The odds certainly have to become more favorable for us w each passing year.....unless the “odds” are and always will be the problem???

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

This thread is soooo soft.

tenor.gif

It’s a lot of whining you’re absolutely correct but there’s a large part of this fan base that blvs they’ve been duped for 54 years and frustration has been and continues at a boiling point.  We’ve all seen a lack of effort from top to bottom by this org for most of these 50+ years capped by the public humiliation of 51 and the cherry on top for last 3 years of absolute utter incompetence on several levels.  When you have to even question the integrity of the game (which is obv a bi product of something like 51) there are deep deep issues.  This team has issues within its org and with much of its long term fanbase. It’s called “apathy”.   This team has created that apathy within its fanbase.  It must be addressed on the field and ultimately in the Lombardi case that presently doesn’t exist at FB.  I know everyone gets sick of the “negativity and whining” (esp newer fans and lurkers from within the org) but it’s the elephant in the room and unfortunately this msg board is as close as most will ever get to being able to “vent to this org”.  Kind of a mental purging if you will for 54 years of pain.....frankly, if this org had any decency they’d have paid for every single fan to have some “Fan Assistance Programming” similar to “EAP” by an employer after 51.    Best therapy will ultimately be Lombardi.  Until then, empty seats and a lot of whining is better than folks walking away completely😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

It’s a lot of whining you’re absolutely correct but there’s a large part of this fan base that blvs they’ve been duped for 54 years and frustration has been and continues at a boiling point.  We’ve all seen a lack of effort from top to bottom by this org for most of these 50+ years capped by the public humiliation of 51 and the cherry on top for last 3 years of absolute utter incompetence on several levels.  When you have to even question the integrity of the game (which is obv a bi product of something like 51) there are deep deep issues.  This team has issues within its org and with much of its long term fanbase. It’s called “apathy”.   This team has created that apathy within its fanbase.  It must be addressed on the field and ultimately in the Lombardi case that presently doesn’t exist at FB.  I know everyone gets sick of the “negativity and whining” (esp newer fans and lurkers from within the org) but it’s the elephant in the room and unfortunately this msg board is as close as most will ever get to being able to “vent to this org”.  Kind of a mental purging if you will for 54 years of pain.....frankly, if this org had any decency they’d have paid for every single fan to have some “Fan Assistance Programming” similar to “EAP” by an employer after 51.    Best therapy will ultimately be Lombardi.  Until then, empty seats and a lot of whining is better than folks walking away completely😁

Oh geez!

Once you come to the realization that this is entertainment, you'll be better capable of dealing with whatever it is that's causing you stress and anguish. I've been a fan for more than 40 years. I've seen just about all of the major heartbreaking moments. It's disappointing, but it's not catastrophic. It's a **** soap opera. A long running TV series. An epic and ongoing story about this one particular franchise and how they're faring. When an episode or season ends, I talk about the highs and lows, the good and bad, then I do "life". All the while, passing time in excited anticipation about what new things the next season may bring.

I'm not still dwelling and whining about "who shot J.R." , "Why didn't Dudley leave when Arnold did?" or who left the Starbucks cup on the table. That's over. You either move on, or find another story to follow. You don't spend 20 years *****ing and complaining and wishing about something that will never be re-done.

"51" happened 4 years ago. 10 years before that, what were you complaining about? 27 years before that, what were you complaining about?

My daddy used to say "These **** birds will never go to the Superbowl". I've seen them go to 2!! 

Guess what else? I got my sights set on that 2022 C8 Z06!! Ya dig!?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I wish would have been different in that game is that we had Tru. I’m not saying they wouldn’t have come back still but back then Tru was an absolute beast very much in his glory seasons. No doubt with that lead you tell Tru to play the absolute best he can for 1 half and lock his man down. Could have given all the help possible to Collins and Poole in that situation. 

And I’m sure had the Patriots lost a lot of fans would have been saying they wish they had Gronk. Works both ways, I get it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

We lost the SB cuz our coaches are morons. Anyone of us could've coached that team to the SB. ALL of us would've ran the ball 3 times after Julio made the Smooth Criminal Catch and kicked the FG--Game Over. DQ lost that SB and he'll never recover from it.

I think that’s a little much to say anyone one of us fans could have done it. If I recall correctly. Patriots had 3 timeouts, you had 8 guys in the box on first down with Mccourty clearly playing run first. You know they are selling out to stop the run, your still gonna run it three times?

The only thing I didn’t like was the play all ok second down. Don’t go shotgun. We were deadly with the play action. Put Matt under center, let him go play action and boot it out so he has three clear options, hit your target, run the ball, throw it away. They were biting hard ok run. Think it would have worked perfectly. 
 

I know hindsight is 20/20 but I’ve actually always been a bootleg guy in late game situations. Unless you just really make a horrible mistake, the outcome of a bootleg is hardly ever negative.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

We lost the SB cuz our coaches are morons. Anyone of us could've coached that team to the SB. ALL of us would've ran the ball 3 times after Julio made the Smooth Criminal Catch and kicked the FG--Game Over. DQ lost that SB and he'll never recover from it.

1998. Minnesota with a 7 point lead on the 22 yard line and 2:11 to go in the game brings on their 4 time Pro Bowl, 3 time All Pro, All Decade 1980s and 1990s kicker who had been 100% all year to put them ahead by 10.

If the Falcons run the ball in the SuperBowl after the Julio catch, New England wouldve used the 3 timeouts they still had at end of regulation.  While Money Matt was a good kicker, in 2016, he did miss 3 FG that year. 

Nothing is the only sure thing in football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2020 at 6:51 AM, 32wood84white said:

I think that’s a little much to say anyone one of us fans could have done it. If I recall correctly. Patriots had 3 timeouts, you had 8 guys in the box on first down with Mccourty clearly playing run first. You know they are selling out to stop the run, your still gonna run it three times?

The only thing I didn’t like was the play all ok second down. Don’t go shotgun. We were deadly with the play action. Put Matt under center, let him go play action and boot it out so he has three clear options, hit your target, run the ball, throw it away. They were biting hard ok run. Think it would have worked perfectly. 
 

I know hindsight is 20/20 but I’ve actually always been a bootleg guy in late game situations. Unless you just really make a horrible mistake, the outcome of a bootleg is hardly ever negative.

I know its been a couple weeks now lol but if you go back and watch that game we killed them on the ground and just decided to stop running and their D pinned their ears back. Run the **** ball 3 times even if its just to get lined up in the middle of the field. Its not that hard it's football 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2020 at 7:21 AM, RetroRoq said:

1998. Minnesota with a 7 point lead on the 22 yard line and 2:11 to go in the game brings on their 4 time Pro Bowl, 3 time All Pro, All Decade 1980s and 1990s kicker who had been 100% all year to put them ahead by 10.

If the Falcons run the ball in the SuperBowl after the Julio catch, New England wouldve used the 3 timeouts they still had at end of regulation.  While Money Matt was a good kicker, in 2016, he did miss 3 FG that year. 

Nothing is the only sure thing in football.

Come on, Take that BS somewhere else Retro. Statistical probability extremely high bryant successfully kicks the FG and we win that game if coaches had been situationally smart. But they got too cute in biggest game of their lives.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2020 at 7:21 AM, RetroRoq said:

1998. Minnesota with a 7 point lead on the 22 yard line and 2:11 to go in the game brings on their 4 time Pro Bowl, 3 time All Pro, All Decade 1980s and 1990s kicker who had been 100% all year to put them ahead by 10.

If the Falcons run the ball in the SuperBowl after the Julio catch, New England wouldve used the 3 timeouts they still had at end of regulation.  While Money Matt was a good kicker, in 2016, he did miss 3 FG that year. 

Nothing is the only sure thing in football.

I hear you, but even if Byrant misses the kick, we still would have had a much better chance of winning by making NE burn their time outs. I agree with another fan who said if wanted to stay aggressive, do so off of play action. How about a flea flicker on 1st down, hitting Julio in the corner?

GO FALCONS!!!!

Edited by MarkMc44
Missing word
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...