Was Colin Cowherd right about Matt?

Posted (edited)

https://youtu.be/qYP1RgN0rzo

So if you take away Matt's worst year and Matt's best year and then you're telling me we are paying how much to this guy! And even so much of his regular season stats are inflated based on the game and season. I can't wait til we get a true millennial QB man. Matt has always been decent but highly overrated and highly overpurchased! I'm ready to move on. I swear if we had drafted Jordan Love I wouldn't have cried even a little bit lol.

Edited by Hurry_Up_And_Buy
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go be a fan of a different team if you don’t like our Franchise QB 😷

What a crock. No wonder you bring up cowherd, who has never been right about anything. Ever.  Anyone who uses him as a reference has zippo cred with me.

If you think Cowturd is right about Ryan than you got issues. 

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

So basically we have a HOF QB who AVERAGES 26 TDS, 13 Ints, 4300 YDS  at a grading of 93 per season...

Similar seasonal stats to a couple of QBS not named Andy Dalton as well. Meanwhile being clearly outdistanced by a handful of guys with less than 5 years in the league!

Top 10? Sure.

Top 5? NOPE.

Love the Falcons. But let's not call charades. Matt is above average at best. And he's been overpaid since he got here. That's just the facts.

Edited by Hurry_Up_And_Buy
16 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

So basically we have a HOF QB who AVERAGES 26 TDS, 13 Ints, 4300 YDS  at a grading of 93 per season...

Similar seasonal stats to a couple of QBS not named Andy Dalton as well. Meanwhile being clearly outdistanced by a handful of guys with less than 5 years in the league!

Top 10? Sure.

Top 5? NOPE.

Love the Falcons. But let's not call charades. Matt is above average at best. And he's been overpaid since he got here. That's just the facts.

What a crock. No wonder you bring up cowherd, who has never been right about anything. Ever.  Anyone who uses him as a reference has zippo cred with me.

I don’t care about Matts “records” it’s a passing league those same records will be shattered by the next . Matt for the most part is Above Average when everything is perfect just like Carson Palmer , Phillip Rivers & all the other try hards who always fell short . So essentially Cowherd is right . Matt is overpaid when you put numbers aside . Those “HOF” numbers are just fluff for Falcon fans . Same ones that champion him “the best Falcon QB of all time” like that’s some significant feat . I don’t hate him but I don’t love him either . Also not a homer so yea I agree . 

People expect perfection from Ryan.

He has one of the highest QBR in playoff history.

If you look at our games, and see what really happens, you'll see that Ryan had the highest QBR for a QB losing a superbowl.  We have scores of records of Ryan being the only QB to have performed great and still lost.  If you look at those and go "yeah, Ryan's the problem" then you don't know how to look at things.  What those specifically point out is the team lets Ryan down even when he has a good game.

Can you imagine us going in and winning a playoff game when Ryan has a 50 QBR or throws for 100 yards?   No.  Even though it's happened w most QBs who have won Superbowls.  It takes a team.  We expect Ryan to throw for 250 with 2TDs and 0 to 1 INT every game.  And he pretty much always hits that, but it's an expectation other QBs don't meet.

I mean, I don't find Ryan exciting.  I get it.  But he's been the most consistent dude on our team and one of the most consistent QBs in the last half decade.

If our early D picks had panned out and we had an actual defense, this wouldn't be a thing.  

33 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Can you imagine us going in and winning a playoff game when Ryan has a 50 QBR or throws for 100 yards?   No.  Even though it's happened w most QBs who have won Superbowls.  It takes a team.  We expect Ryan to throw for 250 with 2TDs and 0 to 1 INT every game.  And he pretty much always hits that, but it's an expectation other QBs don't meet.

So true. There are many examples of QB’s winning a playoff game with ~50% completion rate, 200 yards, 0 TD/2 INTs, including some of the greats on their SB run. Their team can bail them out once in a while when they need it. That’s something I can’t even imagine as a falcons fan 

Posted (edited)

You can't take away years for any  sort of HONEST assessment. To say someone is a certain way based on some years and not others is stupid. Also, show me any year since Ryan came along where he had a great defense getting him the ball back or shutting down the other team. Or, does that even matter in the world of dumbasses  where the QB is the one who is solely responsible for winning or losing?

Edited by 4dabirds