Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes please

You bring in Eric Berry on a 2 year deal and Clay Matthews on a 1 year deal and call it an effing day. Veteran presence not only in the locker room but on the field. I fear we don’t have a SAM backer

What would you think about taking a flyer on Eric Berry for a low salary, 1 year contract? He's only played 3 games the past 3 years, but if he comes on the cheap, make it happen if he passes the phys

5 hours ago, KillaDrtyBrd401 said:

I’m all aboard the Jamal Adams trade bandwagon, but this would be a wise consolation prize!  I’ve loved EB since his days at Tenn and maybe laughed a little on that pick 2 in ‘16.  If this guy is healthy and Adams is off the table...  pull the trigger!   #RiseUp

I'd rather take a chance on Berry + have our next year's 1st and 3rd rounder + save $10 million a year over Adams

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Charles Wright said:

 Only huge negative; Three years out of the game. 31 yrs old and suffered achilles ruptures twice. Got to wonder why no one signed him before. Adams with a reasonable contract is much more a sure thing.

Adams will be the highest paid safety with a new contract. I don't know what you mean about reasonable 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mister pudding said:

I never said to replace Neal

Who is he replacing then?

If he's healthy & can shake off the rust, you're not bringing in a dude like that to be a backup.

If he's not healthy or too rusty, what's the point of signing him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, k-train said:

Who is he replacing then?

If he's healthy & can shake off the rust, you're not bringing in a dude like that to be a backup.

If he's not healthy or too rusty, what's the point of signing him?

Sure you can. Similar role to Dwight Freeney here in ‘16. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, k-train said:

Who is he replacing then?

If he's healthy & can shake off the rust, you're not bringing in a dude like that to be a backup.

If he's not healthy or too rusty, what's the point of signing him?

Berry and Rico at S with Kazee and Hawkins as backups. Sheffield and Kazee fill in at Nickel/Dime. This allows Keanu/Bucannon to man the WLB position, Debo at MLB, and Foye/Clay Matthews at SLB. Walker and Charles Harris as rotational DEs.

above is a quote from CTann

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vandy said:

Sure you can. Similar role to Dwight Freeney here in ‘16. 

So if Berry is totally healthy & able to play at a near pro bowl level still, you seriously think he'd be best suited for use as a reserve/rotational player?

That just doesn't make sense to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mister pudding said:

Berry and Rico at S with Kazee and Hawkins as backups. Sheffield and Kazee fill in at Nickel/Dime. This allows Keanu/Bucannon to man the WLB position, Debo at MLB, and Foye/Clay Matthews at SLB. Walker and Charles Harris as rotational DEs.

above is a quote from CTann

Yeah, see now this makes the whole thing make a bit more sense.

That said... it still feels like way too many question marks & a lot of name/former reputation chasing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, k-train said:

So if Berry is totally healthy & able to play at a near pro bowl level still, you seriously think he'd be best suited for use as a reserve/rotational player?

That just doesn't make sense to me.

Gotta start somewhere, and it’s not like we have elite safeties in ATL.  He hasn’t played much football in what, 3-4 seasons? And now in his 30’s? Doubt anyone is gonna promise him a starting safety position. If he’s anywhere close to what he once was he’d find his way to eventually starting here. If not, like I said be a great teacher/locker room vet like freeney was here in ‘16.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, k-train said:

Yeah, see now this makes the whole thing make a bit more sense.

That said... it still feels like way too many question marks & a lot of name/former reputation chasing.

Every year that he wasn't injured was a probowl year. I don't see any downside of a cheap or incentive laden contract. He is from Georgia, so he may prefer to play here. If he is back playing great, I have no problem sitting Rico

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vandy said:

Gotta start somewhere. He hasn’t played much football in what, 3-4 seasons? And now in his 30’s? Doubt anyone is gonna promise him a starting safety position. 

We've already got enough boom/bust scenarios & reclamation projects going on with this defense IMO.

Can Neal stay healthy?
If Neal moved to WLB, would he actually make the transition with ease/success?
Can the rookies like Tyrell, Davidson, and Hawkins play well & make an impact early on?
Will Sheffield have a sophomore slump?
Will Oliver continue to improve & is he ready to be fully counted on?
Can Harris & Buchanon offer enough to live up to being former 1st rounders, or are they the busts they've shown themselves to be thus far?
Has Fowler finally started to live up to his draft status, or was last year just a contract year performance next to Aaron Donald?

Then consider we have more of the same sorta thing going on on the other side of the ball w Gurley, Treadwell, and Hurst.

That's already way too many question marks to be bringing in a dude with as many questions marks as Berry.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...