Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcons Fan MVP

Who should we sign when Trufant's money comes off the books?

How does rollover cap work exactly?

We are supposedly in pretty bad shape again next year, so perhaps it'd be the wisest move to roll over as much as possible to next season rather than just signing someone for the sake of it.

1 hour ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Would make a good edge rusher if he wanted to

Considering this appears to be Cam's approach to the thought of contact & getting after the football, I'm not so sure that's the best role for him. By comparison, Cam would make Vic Beasley seem like the second coming of Reggie White.
giphy.gif

4 hours ago, k-train said:

Considering this appears to be Cam's approach to the thought of contact & getting after the football, I'm not so sure that's the best role for him. By comparison, Cam would make Vic Beasley seem like the second coming of Reggie White.
giphy.gif

Looks to me like he loves contact here. Let his body of work form your opinion on him—not one play.

18 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Looks to me like he loves contact here. Let his body of work form your opinion on him—not one play.

Yeah I gotta agree. It's common here for people to get stuck on one play or one game, etc... not knocking K but it's a common feat here, especially when it comes to rivals. Yet guys like Vic get a pass just because he finished the second half of the season strong as an example. That's just tatf for ya in a nutshell 

8 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

After some deep down thinking.....just resign Trufant he’d be the best CB on the team....maybe at a cheaper price😏

He’s not a free agent...

On 5/22/2020 at 5:16 PM, ya_boi_j said:

Underrated post of the week. I stated weeks ago that they didnt have enough to sign the draft class and to make that top priority but I’m a dumb **** 

That’s correct, because you and most of TAFT don’t understand how the cap works on rookie contracts (NFL Rule of 51 on how rookie contacts impact a team’s cap ). 

Bottom line, due to Tru’s post June 1 release they’ll have plenty of cap money left over to both sign thIs draft class plus a couple more Mid-to-low priced vets ala Bucannon.

19 hours ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

It was a joke, bro.

On 5/23/2020 at 2:28 PM, k-train said:

How does rollover cap work exactly?

We are supposedly in pretty bad shape again next year, so perhaps it'd be the wisest move to roll over as much as possible to next season rather than just signing someone for the sake of it.

Wish I could help. I’m a dumb **** when it comes to the cap. I’d like to understand those types of things myself

1 hour ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

No it wasnt

Hate to burst your bubble, man... but yes, it was indeed intended as a joke. (Pretty sure I know what my intention was.)

I live in Durham, NC and have lived in North Carolina since the late 80's. I am surrounded by Panthers fans, most of my co-workers & best friends are Panthers fans. So I always like to poke fun at Cam or any other Panther-related players any chance I get.

Sorry you took it so seriously.

As for not looking into one play or game too much... I am like the only person on this message board that mocked AJ Terrell to us in the 1st. Ya know, when everyone in the world seemed to be whining about his performance against LSU rather than looking at his body of work? So yeah... kinda preaching to the choir with that noise.