Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayorWest13

Deone Bucannon signed

12 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Dimi ain't no dummy. If we get to the SB, he'll parlay this whole 1st rounder-at-every-position thing into a featured story on ESPN's 30 for 30 series along with a healthy contract extension. :lol:

What If I told you that first rounders everywhere could win you the big game? Thomas dimitroff and the Falcons did..30 for 30 air force 1 lol

I really like this signing because he did have two good years. If he's healthy he's a really great S/LB. I imagine this a low risk high reward signing. That's pretty much been the theme of this offseason. We went and got a lot of the guys we were linked to in previous drafts and on the cheap. Hopefully they can all come together in Atlanta and revive their careers helping us get to the playoffs.

11 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’m still waiting for the cap **** argument and we can’t afford to sign anyone.

LMAO. To sign this year's free agency and draft class we had to jettison:

• Austin Hooper
  • Desmond Trufant
  • Devonta Freeman
  • Vic Beasley
  • DeVondre Campbell
  • Mohamed Sanu
  • Wes Schweitzer
  • Adrian Clayborn
  • Luke Stocker
  • Jack Crawford
  • Kemal Ishmael
  • Ty Sambrailo
  • Kenjon Barner

That's thirteen players. Seven starters (four pro bowlers), five key back ups and our return guy. Also includes our number one CB, DE, RB, TE and leading tackler. That's a flat out Dimi cap purge bro. Even you should see that. So far we've replaced them with:

• Dante Fowler
  • Todd Gurley
  • Hayden Hurst
  • Six free agent busts
  • Six rookie draft picks that will take 1-3 years to develop
  • A slew of UDFAs that will be flipping burgers this fall

For the last five years we've been at the bottom of the league in available cap space. Currently hovering around $1M and waiting for 6/1 money for the third year in a row, so we can go bottom feeding. And you're giddy? Not surprised.

45 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

• Austin Hooper
  • Desmond Trufant
  • Devonta Freeman
  • Vic Beasley
  • DeVondre Campbell
  • Mohamed Sanu
  • Wes Schweitzer
  • Adrian Clayborn
  • Luke Stocker
  • Jack Crawford
  • Kemal Ishmael
  • Ty Sambrailo
  • Kenjon Barner

That's thirteen players. Seven starters, four pro bowlers, five key back ups and our return guy. Also includes our number one CB, DE, RB, TE and leading tackler. That's a flat out Dimi cap purge bro. Even you should see that. So far we've replaced them with:

• Dante Fowler
  • Todd Gurley
  • Hayden Hurst
  • Six free agent busts

For the last five years we've been at the bottom of the league in available cap space. Currently hovering around $1M and waiting for 6/1 money for the third year in a row so we can go bottom feeding. And you're giddy? Not surprised.

You are the gift that keeps giving. Out of those 13 names, how many were productive last year? TD swindled NE for Sanu and finally got rid of malcontent Freeman.

Hooper is the only one out of that bunch you can really say we might miss. Maybe Clayborn.

1 minute ago, stizz said:

You are the gift that keeps giving. Out of those 13 names, how many were productive last year? TD swindled NE for Sanu and finally got rid of malcontent Freeman.

Hooper is the only one out of that bunch you can really say we might miss. Maybe Clayborn.

We shall see. Hopefully.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

• Austin Hooper
  • Desmond Trufant
  • Devonta Freeman
  • Vic Beasley
  • DeVondre Campbell
  • Mohamed Sanu
  • Wes Schweitzer
  • Adrian Clayborn
  • Luke Stocker
  • Jack Crawford
  • Kemal Ishmael
  • Ty Sambrailo
  • Kenjon Barner

That's thirteen players. Seven starters (four pro bowlers), five key back ups and our return guy. Also includes our number one CB, DE, RB, TE and leading tackler. That's a flat out Dimi cap purge bro. Even you should see that. So far we've replaced them with:

• Dante Fowler
  • Todd Gurley
  • Hayden Hurst
  • Six free agent busts

For the last five years we've been at the bottom of the league in available cap space. Currently hovering around $1M and waiting for 6/1 money for the third year in a row, so we can go bottom feeding. And you're giddy? Not surprised.

Clown show explanation as per.

Like I been telling you and all thee other clowns that pretend they have a clue about the cap.

There called variables if you don’t understand what that means with regards to the subject why bother the BS scare mongering about what the Falcons can and can’t do.

Why don’t you just be honest and say I don’t know really what’s going on out at  the Branch or what there plans are so I’ll just make **** up and pretend to know what I’m talking about.

No **** about the 2 and fro whose leaving and whose coming that’s called roster building and cap management just because it’s not what you always like or are even close to predicting just stop already.

6 years we’ve been building like this ever since Ryan got his first big deal.But don’t worry I expect more of this weak sauce before 2021 FA period when the Falcons purse strings will be supposedly hamstrung because of what those yo-yos at Sportrac and OTC say.

14 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Clown show explanation as per.

Like I been telling you and all thee other clowns that pretend they have a clue about the cap.

There called variables if you don’t understand what that means with regards to the subject why bother the BS scare mongering about what the Falcons can and can’t do.

Why don’t you just be honest and say I don’t know really what’s going on out at  the Branch or what there plans are so I’ll just make **** up and pretend to know what I’m talking about.

No **** about the 2 and fro whose leaving and whose coming that’s called roster building and cap management just because it’s not what you always like or are even close to predicting just stop already.

6 years we’ve been building like this ever since Ryan got his first big deal.But don’t worry I expect more of this weak sauce before 2021 FA period when the Falcons purse strings will be supposedly hamstrung because of what those yo-yos at Sportrac and OTC say.

Bro we have gone 14-18 the last two years. With no playoff berths. 53-59 over the last seven seasons, with only two playoff berths under Dimi. And you just keep huggin. Hug on hugga. Keep your head in the dirt.

ostrich-burying-head-sand-tsavo-600w-157

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

• Austin Hooper
  • Desmond Trufant
  • Devonta Freeman
  • Vic Beasley
  • DeVondre Campbell
  • Mohamed Sanu
  • Wes Schweitzer
  • Adrian Clayborn
  • Luke Stocker
  • Jack Crawford
  • Kemal Ishmael
  • Ty Sambrailo
  • Kenjon Barner

• Dante Fowler
  • Todd Gurley
  • Hayden Hurst
  • Six free agent busts

Now all of a sudden they have real names instead of cute bust monikers, huh?

3 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Now all of a sudden they have real names instead of cute bust monikers, huh?

Bro I already got buster names. TATF has latched onto Deone Bucannon.

The phonetic pronunciation of his first name is (day-OWN).

So I'm probably goin to go with with Dey Own Bucannon. You like that?

24 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bro we have gone 14-18 the last two years. With no playoff berths. 53-59 over the last seven seasons, with only two playoff berths under Dimi. And you just keep huggin. Hug on hugga. Keep your head in the dirt.

ostrich-burying-head-sand-tsavo-600w-157

More weak sauce.

You still gotta clue about team building and salary cap management.

Yeah right.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

• Austin Hooper
  • Desmond Trufant
  • Devonta Freeman
  • Vic Beasley
  • DeVondre Campbell
  • Mohamed Sanu
  • Wes Schweitzer
  • Adrian Clayborn
  • Luke Stocker
  • Jack Crawford
  • Kemal Ishmael
  • Ty Sambrailo
  • Kenjon Barner

• Dante Fowler
  • Todd Gurley
  • Hayden Hurst
  • Six free agent busts

Let's be objective for a minute on this. I'll go one by one.

Austin Hooper - replaced with Hayden Hurst. I prefer Hurst, but I understand folks will think it's a downgrade until proven otherwise.

Desmond Trufant - replaced with AJ Terrell. Again, I wanted to replace Tru with someone more physical, but he'll likely not be as good right away.

Devonta Freeman - replaced with Todd Gurley. This is pretty clearly an upgrade, even if Gurley has some injury issues (Free's are arguably worse). 

Vic Beasley - replaced with Dante Fowler, who I like more in every way. 

DeVondre Campbell - replaced with Mykal Walker. I didn't like Campbell, so I'm glad we moved on, but realistically he won't get playtime for a bit.

Mohamed Sanu - Gage showed he can replace the production. He's a good #3 and that's all we need. Not remotely worried about this one. 

Wes Schweitzer - replaced with Hennessy, who I thought was the 2nd best center prospect in the draft. Love this overall. Schweitzer wasn't worth what he got imho.

Adrian Clayborn - replaced with Davidson, who I thought was a 1st round talent. I think Clayborn and Crawford's snaps are going to be split between Davidson and Cominsky, and I like that combo more.

Luke Stocker - tbh I like Graham a ton more. Hated the Stocker signing from the get go. This is addition by subtraction.

Jack Crawford - replaced with Cominsky getting more snaps, who looked better last year anyway.

Kemal Ishmael - replaced with Deon Buccanon, who is flat out better. Ishmael was atrocious last year. Buccanon has been a high level starter in the past and I believe he can be excellent depth at worst.

Ty Sambrailo - Dude was terrible. Gono is better. Addition by subtraction. You really think this dude is more worth mentioning as a loss than any of the other rookies or FAs as gains? Come on man.

Kenjon Barner - only one I agree with. We lost out here. Need more competition at returner and don't trust what we have rn.

Not mentioning guys like Harris and Treadwell since I don't expect anything out of them. FFS dude, most of these guys you're upset at us losing are guys you have nicknames for and called busts. Tryna have your cake and eat it too. Nah.

I think we got better this off-season, especially in terms of attitude of the guys we've added/lost. There are areas I wish we'd done more to address, but for the first time in a while, I can really see what the FO is trying to do. If you don't think we're better, that's fine, but acting like we lost tons of talent and didn't come close to replacing it is some disingenuous BS dude.

42 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Not mentioning guys like Harris and Treadwell since I don't expect anything out of them. FFS dude, most of these guys you're upset at us losing are guys you have nicknames for and called busts. Tryna have your cake and eat it too. Nah.

Bro I had many of those guys in my offseason plan. Tru, Hoop, Devondre, you name it. They gone.

Dimi and TATF are putting their money down on three decent FAs, six busts and six rooks. OK.

With a tough schedule and an NFCS division that will likely be tougher in 2020. We'll see.

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Austin Hooper - replaced with Hayden Hurst. I prefer Hurst, but I understand folks will think it's a downgrade until proven otherwise.

Desmond Trufant - replaced with AJ Terrell. Again, I wanted to replace Tru with someone more physical, but he'll likely not be as good right away.

Devonta Freeman - replaced with Todd Gurley. This is pretty clearly an upgrade, even if Gurley has some injury issues (Free's are arguably worse). 

DeVondre Campbell - replaced with Mykal Walker. I didn't like Campbell, so I'm glad we moved on, but realistically he won't get playtime for a bit.

Mohamed Sanu - Gage showed he can replace the production. He's a good #3 and that's all we need. Not remotely worried about this one. 

Wes Schweitzer - replaced with Hennessy, who I thought was the 2nd best center prospect in the draft. Love this overall. Schweitzer wasn't worth what he got imho.

Adrian Clayborn - replaced with Davidson, who I thought was a 1st round talent. I think Clayborn and Crawford's snaps are going to be split between Davidson and Cominsky, and I like that combo more.

Luke Stocker - tbh I like Graham a ton more. Hated the Stocker signing from the get go. This is addition by subtraction.

Jack Crawford - replaced with Cominsky getting more snaps, who looked better last year anyway.

Kemal Ishmael - replaced with Deon Buccanon, who is flat out better. Ishmael was atrocious last year. Buccanon has been a high level starter in the past and I believe he can be excellent depth at worst.

Ty Sambrailo - Dude was terrible. Gono is better. Addition by subtraction. You really think this dude is more worth mentioning as a loss than any of the other rookies or FAs as gains? Come on man.

Kenjon Barner - only one I agree with. We lost out here. Need more competition at returner and don't trust what we have rn.

I think we got better this off-season, especially in terms of attitude of the guys we've added/lost. There are areas I wish we'd done more to address, but for the first time in a while, I can really see what the FO is trying to do. If you don't think we're better, that's fine, but acting like we lost tons of talent and didn't come close to replacing it is some disingenuous BS dude.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bro I had many of those guys in my offseason plan. Tru, Hoop, Devondre, you name it. They gone.

Dimi and TATF are putting their money down on three decent FAs, six busts and six rooks. OK.

With a tough schedule and an NFCS division that will likely be tougher in 2020. We'll see.

Biggest problems last year were our  coordinators. We upgraded at DC. Koetter continues to be the wildcard. 

And Joe Whitt Jr as our secondary coach may end up being our best offseason addition.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Biggest problems last year were our  coordinators. We upgraded at DC. Koetter continues to be the wildcard. 

And Joe Whitt Jr as our secondary coach may end up being our best offseason addition.

Whitt is inheriting a Dimi backfield bro:

• Oli
  • Sheff
  • AJ
  • Jordan
  • Bleedy

Brady, Brees, Godgers, Russell, Mahomes, Stafford, Foles and Carr have to be lickin their chops. That's 10 games bro.

20 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Whitt is inheriting a Dimi backfield bro:

• Oli
  • Sheff
  • AJ
  • Bleedy

Brady, Brees, Godgers, Russell, Mahomes, Stafford, Foles and Carr have to be lickin their chops. That's 10 games bro.

I know man....strap up those chinstraps, it’s gonna be fun! 

(and lol @ Bleedy) :ninja:

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Definitely a tough *** schedule, but I'm cool with the off-season. Couldn't really afford Hoop and Devondre while addressing more important areas imho. Safety is the big one I'm still worried about. Proof'll be in the puddin

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

• Austin Hooper
  • Desmond Trufant
  • Devonta Freeman
  • Vic Beasley
  • DeVondre Campbell
  • Mohamed Sanu
  • Wes Schweitzer
  • Adrian Clayborn
  • Luke Stocker
  • Jack Crawford
  • Kemal Ishmael
  • Ty Sambrailo
  • Kenjon Barner

• Dante Fowler
  • Todd Gurley
  • Hayden Hurst
  • Six free agent busts

We upgraded 5 of those starters and trufant has been hurt anyways so...

4 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Nail on the head

5 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Very good post.  What we really lost from not being low cap wise is opportunity cost or ability to get better.

You show very clearly how we are mostly equivalent at each position, which I generally agree with.  Had we had more cap space (or not signed 3 busts on OL last year) we could have been additive.  Kept AC/gotten Fowler and the other guys.  Taken a safety because we didn't have to spend it on a TE if we'd kept Hooper.

If we'd been able to do that, we'd have a similar team to last year/this year plus a FS, another edge rusher, and a vet LG.  Those are the areas the cap hurts you.  Not being able to upgrade the team.  Not being able to get guys to push your bottom tier guys off the team (your 7th and 8th DL  who get snaps here).  Not being able to get the number 1 corner that pushes all your existing corners down to 2,3,4 making them all better.