Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayorWest13

Deone Bucannon signed

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Crown Dimitroff.

He is blowing away the record for signing free agent 1st round busts in one off-season.

Dimi ain't no dummy. If we get to the SB, he'll parlay this whole 1st rounder-at-every-position thing into a featured story on ESPN's 30 for 30 series along with a healthy contract extension. :lol:

3 hours ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

Yeah but if Keanu gets hurt again I think he'd be a good replacement for him at Safety. Played it every year in college and had a ton of INTs. 

Definitely not the field general Allen would be in that role but definitely more athletic with big play potential. 

Of course I'm hoping as we all are Keanu comes back where he left off when healthy in which case he's a dam good special teams guy and solid competition to Oluokun

Don't think he is a NFL saftey...  Of neal goes down we have Hawkins and rico.

LB is the position we was thin at

Unlike the other first round busts we've collected this offseason, this dude had actual high level production in NFL, albeit only one season.  In 2015, he had 116 tackles, 11 TFLs, 3 sacks and an int.  Strong numbers guys.  The next 2 years, he suffered 2 grade 3 high ankle sprains, the latter requiring him to have surgery. 

In 2018,  Cardinals underwent another regime change, leaving Bucannon lost like most Arizona players at the time.  It didn't help that the coaching staff didn't know how to properly deploy him and play him to his strengths.  He's been looking for a scheme fit ever since.

I personally like the move a lot.  Great straight line speed, in his prime and a strong FORM tackler.  Wraps up well.  Perfect fit for a big nickel.  Huge upgrade over Ishmael.  At the very least he's quality SS/LB depth that was sorely needed.  Upside as a starter.

Probably my favorite FA addition outside of Fowler and Gurley.  This guy has proven he can actually play.  Same can't be said about the other first round busts we've added.  Should have a chip on his shoulder and has the skill set to be productive in our defense.  Needs to take advantage of this opportunity, this might be his last one...

58 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

Unlike the other first round busts we've collected this offseason, this dude had actual high level production in NFL, albeit only one season.  In 2015, he had 116 tackles, 11 TFLs, 3 sacks and an int.  Strong numbers guys.  The next 2 years, he suffered 2 grade 3 high ankle sprains, the latter requiring him to have surgery. 

In 2018,  Cardinals underwent another regime change, leaving Bucannon lost like most Arizona players at the time.  It didn't help that the coaching staff didn't know how to properly deploy him and play him to his strengths.  He's been looking for a scheme fit ever since.

I personally like the move a lot.  Great straight line speed, in his prime and a strong FORM tackler.  Wraps up well.  Perfect fit for a big nickel.  Huge upgrade over Ishmael.  At the very least he's quality SS/LB depth that was sorely needed.  Upside as a starter.

Probably my favorite FA addition outside of Fowler and Gurley.  This guy has proven he can actually play.  Same can't be said about the other first round busts we've added.  Should have a chip on his shoulder and has the skill set to be productive in our defense.  Needs to take advantage of this opportunity, this might be his last one...

How is his situation any different that Hurst's and Hurst only had 2 years in the league, one injured.

10 hours ago, papachaz said:

so I'm about to make a snarky sounding question/comment, but I guarantee it's not aimed at you at all. How many 'former first round picks' have we signed this off season that haven't been what was 'expected' somewhere else? Now, how many 'former first round picks' this team has drafted and couldn't develop that have moved on, and some not even playing any more.

why should we as fans be excited in thinking we can develop someone else's 'failures' when we failed with so many of our own?  I used to have confidence in our coaches, I think 'the tale of two halves' of last year just really did me in

I completely agree with that. Our coaches definitely suck at developing. I don’t have high expectation from him just hope he can provide solid depth. Any LB out there in the market you rather have that we could afford? 

6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’m still waiting for the cap **** argument and we can’t afford to sign anyone.

You can sign as many vet minimum guys as possible.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

How is his situation any different that Hurst's and Hurst only had 2 years in the league, one injured.

Bucannon put up numbers in his career.  He produced at a high level. I know Hurst only had 2 years in the league but they are the same age bro.

Not saying Hurst won't break out, I'm just saying one guy has a proven resume, albeit only 1 year.

Edited by gHost83

15 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’m still waiting for the cap **** argument and we can’t afford to sign anyone.

This is a sneaky good depth signing.

8 hours ago, g-dawg said:

You can sign as many vet minimum guys as possible.

The key is value and the versatility he brings.

On paper at least, falcons have had an outstanding offseason IMO.