Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think that both Itto Smith and Brian Hill are better than Devonta Freeman right now?

3 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep, and he's approaching the magic number for 99% of RBs which is 30.  Personally, I think he's been done for a while now. I appreciate what he did in the past (especially early on) but I'm glad he's no longer a member of this team. I also don't expect much from Gurley, hope I'm wrong there, but I don't think so.

He’s (Gurley) worth the risk.

So many unknowns on this team. This could be a special year, or so bad they blow the team up. I don’t see much in between.

35 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

It really is. If $4 million isn't enough then Gurley definitely got robbed. Unless you're still performing the way you performed when you first got your pay day, you're not going to get much after as a running back. 

Between college and the NFL Freeman has a grand total of 1742 touches. That's a ton

Yes it’s a ton of touches for a back that size...any back save for Frank Gore. That dude is a machine. Love that guy. 

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

He’s (Gurley) worth the risk.

So many unknowns on this team. This could be a special year, or so bad they blow the team up. I don’t see much in between.

Definitely worth the risk on a 1 year. Like I said I hope he blows me away with a great season, but he has to prove it to me. 

1 hour ago, caponine said:

I have no idea WTH his thought process is, its kinda crazy because he already got alot of money and his big contract. Rbs usually only get 1 big contract. He's almost 30 with a lot of tear and injuries. ts like he knows this yet for whatever reason he decides to ignore those facts 

I think his release shell shocked him. Like he was laughing at people online who even suggested it.

5 hours ago, pearljamnash13 said:

Freeman was one of my favorite Falcons, but he's one or two concussions short of retirement. In his prime '15 and '16 I'd put him up against almost anyone. Great one cut runner and great receiver. If only he were about 20 pounds heavier and 2 inches taller he could've held up with his style of running a bit longer.

The way he was running in the superbowl was a thing of beauty... his blocking tho

1 hour ago, stizz said:

I think his release shell shocked him. Like he was laughing at people online who even suggested it.

It shouldnt have, a lot of people could tell he was not the same. At times it looked like he was running in slow motion. There was no way they could justify paying him 7 mil after being injured and the season he just had

Smith, Hill, Freeman ,, and Gurley are all different type RBs.  They all have their strengths and all have their  weakness's ........  May the best Backs get the starting jobs.. If you ask me,, this is a pretty Good line up for this team.. I'd have to say maybe the best group of backs I've ever seen when you consider all 4 together.  That's IMO will be a big deal this year... Big part of opening up the passing game...;)

It's difficult for me to think of anything at all that Hill does better than Gurlie.

Unless you assume that the lower workload and injury histories of the 2 will project in Hill being available more.

Gurlie did not do much at the NFL Combine when he came out, but even the Bench Press that he did participate in was slightly better than Hill.

50 minutes ago, vitaman said:

It's difficult for me to think of anything at all that Hill does better than Gurlie.

Unless you assume that the lower workload and injury histories of the 2 will project in Hill being available more.

Gurlie did not do much at the NFL Combine when he came out, but even the Bench Press that he did participate in was slightly better than Hill.

That's an easy question...  Hill is a great short yardage runner...stouter and shorter than Gurlie...   in this case ,,, Hill is far and above all the other RBs we have. Don't believe it,, just ask the HC... or any of the Coaches on O#.   Gurlie is tall and has a much slower start than HIll ,, who is also stout at the point of attack ..  

Personally I am a Hill fan.  I think his main problem is he needs more consistent playing time and touches.  He never got a good chance to develope IMHO.  Freeman was so predictable that any team could stop him.  He had little zig to his zag.  He would put his head down and run right up the middle... lucky if he got over 3 yards.  I hope Tampa picks him up and plays him.  Might make it easy for our defense.  It is still going to be a tough year.  I don't think Dan Quinn or our coaching staff are up for the challenges that they will see in regular season.  They now have to contend with a hungry and very talented NFC South.  The easy times.... well the are to be remembered as the good ole days... unless Brees and Brady have epic meltdown this Falcon team that never touched a ball together, is going to have to fight tooth and nail for every point.  

I hope we don't spend the preseason games "evaluating" and spend it figuring out how to win right out of the gate.  Not 8 games in.  Evaluating was for before you drafted or signed them.   Winning is what regular season is about.  Dan Quinn's on job training program needs to end and he needs to put on his big boy coaching pants.  A rerun of last season is not tolerable.  Period!  Even if we have to unload him mid season.

So I would go with Hill.

Idk i think Freeman has some issues going on right now. Its bad he posted this but even worse he didnt delete this. This sounds like Antonio Brown minus the off field stuff. He has absorbed so many headshots that i am geuinely concerned about him.

59 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Freeman so good, no team wants him. Another example of how the falcons over paid and were overly loyal to the wrong players.

Pandemic has maybe a little to do with that, you think? Same reason Clowney, Peters, warford et al are all still out there. 

Always Loyal to wrong players? Falcons were “loyal” to Ryan, Julio, Debo, Matthews, Jarrett. 

Idk i think Freeman has some issues going on right now. Its bad he posted this but even worse he didnt delete this. This sounds like Antonio Brown minus the off field stuff. He has absorbed so many headshots that i am geuinely concerned about him.

Say what?

Come on bro, don’t even go there. This isn’t even remotely like the Antonio Brown mess.

If this is truly your serious take, Not sure it’s Freeman’s ‘head shots’ you should be “concerned about”.

24 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Say what?

Come on bro, don’t even go there. This isn’t even remotely like the Antonio Brown mess.

If this is truly your serious take, Not sure it’s Freeman’s ‘head shots’ you should be “concerned about”.

The fact he posts this on social media is what im saying. The last few months he has had these outbursts on twitter that makes NO sense and you know it doesnt. 

I said minus the off the field stuff, seem like Freeman is mad at the Falcons, he even implied he was glad to be out of Atlanta. I know he's your favorite player but take off the glasses and look at what he's been doing

My take that something is going on with hin?? Freeman does not seem right and you know it. I told you 2 years ago that he took alot of headshots and got concussions and hoped that he would be healthy long term. 

32 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Pandemic has maybe a little to do with that, you think? Same reason Clowney, Peters, warford et al are all still out there. 

Always Loyal to wrong players? Falcons were “loyal” to Ryan, Julio, Debo, Matthews, Jarrett. 

Uhhh no , he wants too much money. Teams have called him but he declined because he wants more money. Again you know this, it has nothing to do with the pandemic 

5 minutes ago, caponine said:

The fact he posts this on social media is what im saying. The last few months he has had these outbursts on twitter that makes NO sense and you know it doesnt. 

I said minus the off the field stuff, seem like Freeman is mad at the Falcons, he even implied he was glad to be out of Atlanta. I know he's your favorite player but take off the glasses and look at what he's been doing

My take that something is going on with hin?? Freeman does not seem right and you know it. I told you 2 years ago that he took alot of headshots and got concussions and hoped that he would be healthy long term. 

I think it’s just the ridiculousness of social media: Elon Musk and Trump have never participated in contact sports outside of throwing stacks of money at their wealthy friends, but they say some irrational things on Twitter.

Uhhh no , he wants too much money. Teams have called him but he declined because he wants more money. Again you know this, it has nothing to do with the pandemic 

And As I pointed out with Clowney,, Griffen, Peters, Warford, Etc etc....They all haven’t signed because of money, that’s not unique to freeman. And most would be signed by now if not for pandemic.

LOL, has nothing to do with “headshots”. You’d be mad if fired from your job too. 

He’s no longer a falcon, nor was freeman ever my “favorite player” (FTR, it’s always been Julio). But in my world, once a player is gone from my team, he’s gone. Unlike you, I won’t be in my 49ers Jersey ranting about how he’s better or we shouldn’t have let him go like you did with Teco. 

You’re being an over-the-top hypocrite with this “I’m worried about Freeman’s headshots” and him “becoming like Antonio Brown”. Everyone in TAFT knows you could care less about Freeman’s mental health, you’ve never miss a chance to take your own ‘shots‘ a him.

Freeman is not a Falcon.  Done. 

Gurley is going to have a great season and will prove his knee is not going to hold him back. 

Brian Hill has potential.  But, he is trying to play above his ability.  He needs to give himself time.

Ito Smith is a good rotational back and is likely as good as he will ever be. 

Quadree Ollison has the potential to be a pounder.  He needs to develop.

All will look better this season because our OL is going to perform better if we can avoid injuries. 

One more thing.  Did I mention Freeman is not a Falcon?  He's gone.