Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think that both Itto Smith and Brian Hill are better than Devonta Freeman right now?

Recommended Posts

I like Ito Smith on his best day about 70% as much as Free on an off day. And I like Brian Hill about 30% of Ito.

We've got RBs problems with a healthy Gurley. If he's not healthy, we're passing 75% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vandy said:

No idea. Seattle would have been a perfect fit.

It depends on the contract offer. If they lowballed him, he's right to wait and see. If he takes the Coronavirus season off, he'll get worse offers next year, but he'll be 100% healthy and refreshed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 4:03 PM, jidady said:

It depends on the contract offer. If they lowballed him, he's right to wait and see. If he takes the Coronavirus season off, he'll get worse offers next year, but he'll be 100% healthy and refreshed.

Naw man, After a disappointing 2018-19, if freeman takes a year off he’s pretty much done. 
 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/komonews.com/amp/sports/seahawks/report-seattle-seahawks-offer-veteran-rb-devonta-freeman-a-one-year-contract

seems to moi he needs a better advisor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Naw man, After a disappointing 2018-19, freeman takes a year off he’s pretty much done. 
 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/komonews.com/amp/sports/seahawks/report-seattle-seahawks-offer-veteran-rb-devonta-freeman-a-one-year-contract

seems to moi he needs a better advisor.

I'd seen the headline but hadn't realized it was a maximum of $4 million. Coronavirus has really destroyed the market for the guys who haven't signed yet and have medical issues. I suspect Clowney's gonna get about half of what he had expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Thought there was another Freeman thread but can’t find it

 

Dude is an excellent case study on why you don't hire family or friends as your agent. You are their only client and only source of income, so they will be asking for outrageous money to get 10% from. Puts Freeman in a tough spot because he doesn't want to fire her and cause a rift in the family. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NWFALCON said:

Free is so dumb. He should take a team friendly deal then the week before TB plays in the super bowl, he should demanda new lucrative contract. 

I agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 7:14 AM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you guys think that both Itto Smith and Brian Hill are better than Devonta Freeman right now? 

Freeman is no longer a Falcon. I don't give a wet moose-fart about him any more. I wish him well--- otherwise :flush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, papachaz said:

key word "WAS"

 

as for the thread title, well, Itto and Hill are currently on NFL rosters, and Freeman isn't so that must mean they are

:lol::lol:

Free was an everydown back, currently he is a no-down back. So yes, that gives the edge to Ito and Hill atm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freeman was one of my favorite Falcons, but he's one or two concussions short of retirement. In his prime '15 and '16 I'd put him up against almost anyone. Great one cut runner and great receiver. If only he were about 20 pounds heavier and 2 inches taller he could've held up with his style of running a bit longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 4:08 PM, Vandy said:

Naw man, After a disappointing 2018-19, freeman takes a year off he’s pretty much done. 
 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/komonews.com/amp/sports/seahawks/report-seattle-seahawks-offer-veteran-rb-devonta-freeman-a-one-year-contract

seems to moi he needs a better advisor.

Yep, and he's approaching the magic number for 99% of RBs which is 30.  Personally, I think he's been done for a while now. I appreciate what he did in the past (especially early on) but I'm glad he's no longer a member of this team. I also don't expect much from Gurley, hope I'm wrong there, but I don't think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

According to Freeman himself they haven't even started the conversation  yet. 

There’s more to the quote than what the tweet says and he’s correct, they don’t have a lot of money

And while confirming his interest in Freeman, head coach Arians suggested the back's salary demands are too rich for Tampa Bay.

"If his price tag was reasonable," Arians told reporters when asked if Freeman was on his radar.

"He's not probably signed because he's turning down a lot of money. We don't have a lot of money."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

There’s more to the quote than what the tweet says

And while confirming his interest in Freeman, head coach Arians suggested the back's salary demands are too rich for Tampa Bay.

"If his price tag was reasonable," Arians told reporters when asked if Freeman was on his radar.

"He's not probably signed because he's turning down a lot of money. We don't have a lot of money."

Well im obviously not a rich nfl player but. He turned down 4 million. Thats not a lot of money in NFL terms. Thats the only reported deal that I know of. 

Edited by GrimeyKidd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Well im obviously not a rich nfl player but. He turned down 4 million. Thats not a lot of money in NFL terms. Thats the only reported deal that I know of. 

$4 million is plenty on a 1 year deal for a running back, especially someone that will split carries. Carlos Hyde had no issues accepting that offer. 
 

 Tampa Bay has a little over $4 million in cap space. Surely they don’t want to spend it all or a majority of it for 1 player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

$4 million is plenty on a 1 year deal for a running back, especially someone that will split carries. Carlos Hyde had no issues accepting that offer. 
 

 Tampa Bay has a little over $4 million in cap space. Surely they don’t want to spend it all or a majority of it for 1 player.

Agreed it’s a lot of money for a running back in today’s market with Freeman’s wear and tear. If offered he should jump at $4 million on a one year deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea WTH his thought process is, its kinda crazy because he already got alot of money and his big contract. Rbs usually only get 1 big contract. He's almost 30 with a lot of tear and injuries. ts like he knows this yet for whatever reason he decides to ignore those facts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Agreed it’s a lot of money for a running back in today’s market with Freeman’s wear and tear. If offered he should jump at $4 million on a one year deal. 

It really is. If $4 million isn't enough then Gurley definitely got robbed. Unless you're still performing the way you performed when you first got your pay day, you're not going to get much after as a running back. 

Between college and the NFL Freeman has a grand total of 1742 touches. That's a ton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...