Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think that both Itto Smith and Brian Hill are better than Devonta Freeman right now?

Freeman definitely lost a step since all those injuries but he still might be slightly better. Ito showed flashes but he’s gets hurt often and Hill hasn’t proved himself.

13 hours ago, caponine said:

But that's the point injuries wrecked his career. He didnt look like the same Freeman last year. 

I agree, he obviously didn’t. 

But my point was Ito...a lesser version of Freeman’s skill set....is following that same path of injuries....only sooner in his career.

51 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I agree, he obviously didn’t. 

But my point was Ito...a lesser version of Freeman’s skill set....is following that same path of injuries....only sooner in his career.

But he's still early enough in his career where he can fix the injury problem 

1 minute ago, caponine said:

But he's still early enough in his career where he can fix the injury problem 

Maybe. 

You use to go on about Freeman’s concussions & injury proneness. Ito’s on that same path.

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Maybe. 

You use to go on about Freeman’s concussions & injury proneness. Ito’s on that same path.

How many concussions does Ito have to this point ?? 

And i say that because Freeman had like 3 or 4 concussions in a span of a few years 

1 hour ago, caponine said:

How many concussions does Ito have to this point ?? 

And i say that because Freeman had like 3 or 4 concussions in a span of a few years 

Ito had two last year. And we know those aren’t the first of his career. As you know, Teco’s had several as well. 

Big reason why I push back so hard at TAFT whining about Free’s or any RB’s 2nd contract. These guys earn every penny of it during their rookie contracts.

On ‎05‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 8:43 AM, Jpg428gggg said:

Freeman when healthy is one of the top backs in the league. 

That was 4 seasons ago, and the league has gotten better since. There are better backs at his position in MG3, Cook, Gurley3,  Saquon, Kamara, Jacobs etc...

On 5/21/2020 at 8:20 AM, 1989Fan said:

Until proven otherwise, no. Freeman wasn’t released because he is terrible, but because his pay outweighed his performance anymore. he never lost the starting role or significant reps to either of these guys.

Yea injuries ended that man's trajectory. It's sad. 

I'm just really glad he is gone, never have to deal with his whiff blocking or being a panzy during our SB bye week. Good riddens, his lousey contract prevented us from keeping Coleman and improving our RB corp.

Ba Bye

13 hours ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Funny because he was actually an above average pass blocker. That’s why he won the starting role against Tevin Coleman originally.

people just remember his missed block in the super bowl unfortunately 

that was more a missed assignment than bad blocking

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Van Note was better at 60 than Stone ever was. 

At least Stone had heart and courage, unlike Freeman who can't block or even try to improve as a blocker.  It was like having a high school freshman running back at times.  Even that might be giving him too much credit.

Stone is the perfect spitting image of what every Falcon player should be.  Underdog who has heart and passion to be the best player.  If the players don't have that quality, I don't care how gifted they are, they can go play for the Dolphins

Atlanta Falcons reach injury settlement with James Stone

Stone made the best of the trash that was around him for an offensive line.  If he was a Falcon now, he would be in the Ring of Honor

Edited by R_The_Great

3 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

At least Stone had heart and courage, unlike Freeman who can't block or even try to improve as a blocker.  It was like having a high school freshman running back at times.  Even that might be giving him too much credit.

Stone is the perfect spitting image of what every Falcon player should be.  Underdog who has heart and passion to be the best player.  If the players don't have that quality, I don't care how gifted they are, they can go play for the Dolphins

Atlanta Falcons reach injury settlement with James Stone

Stone made the best of the trash that was around him for an offensive line.  If he was a Falcon now, he would be in the Ring of Honor

LOL....@RING OF HONOR?

18 hours ago, trubirdfan4life said:

Blocking isnt why he won the starting job. His elusiveness is why he won the job. He could make that 1st guy niss and turn negative plays into positive plays. He could turn good 4 yard plays into great 10 yard plays. All that changed when he was concussed in 2017 against Dallas. That effectively ended his career. He was never the same. In 18 and 19, he never had that same movement,  that same quickness, that same fearlessness.  He was done.  

It’s easy to say that’s why now. But before he exploded onto the scene he was a much better pass protector than Coleman—which is why he won the job back then.

10 hours ago, Vandy said:

Ito had two last year. And we know those aren’t the first of his career. As you know, Teco’s had several as well. 

Big reason why I push back so hard at TAFT whining about Free’s or any RB’s 2nd contract. These guys earn every penny of it during their rookie contracts.

I mean i dont disagree but i just never thought he was worth that big contract. It had nothing to do with him but that he was not the whole offense 

@Vandy Bro What ??  

I admire his confidence but he really gonna give up football over a contract he didnt want ?? At this point for him he either playing because he still loves the game or he is playing for the money

Btw none of this in this post is directed towards you at all 

14 hours ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

It’s easy to say that’s why now. But before he exploded onto the scene he was a much better pass protector than Coleman—which is why he won the job back then.

He won the job because Coleman got hurt and Freeman took the job and never gave it back. Coleman was good but no moves, he is a complimentary player. Freeman was a pro bowl 1000 yard rusher. Pass pro isnt what sat coleman down. It was injury.

14 hours ago, caponine said:

@Vandy Bro What ??  

I admire his confidence but he really gonna give up football over a contract he didnt want ?? At this point for him he either playing because he still loves the game or he is playing for the money

Btw none of this in this post is directed towards you at all 

No idea. Seattle would have been a perfect fit.

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Facts !! They are a run heavy team as well, he would have been great there and maybe someone pulls the trigger next year. Freeman cant really blame teams, he's 28 and has been injured the past few years. Use this year to show youre still a top back 

12 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I agree...especially playing behind a mobile QB.

Freeman strikes me as a person that would rather be close to home...I wonder if that factored into his decision