Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think that both Itto Smith and Brian Hill are better than Devonta Freeman right now?

6 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Until proven otherwise, no. Freeman wasn’t released because he is terrible, but because his pay outweighed his performance anymore. he never lost the starting role or significant reps to either of these guys.

Put Free behind a good OL and I believe the dog would eat unless he bumped his head again...better than Ito Hill. TD paid too much for Free

If he is able to get completely healthy, Freeman may have another great year or two in him. The problem is the tread is getting thin and injuries are more likely.

Ito hasn't been the pillar of health either but I think he could produce as well as Freeman, everything being equal.

6 hours ago, caponine said:

Ito Smith definitely is , people forget how good he was looking before he got injured. He definitely would have taken the starting job 

we're talking about on the field though, not who's gonna make to the trainers table first.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

YES.   I don't believe Hill nor Ito are anything more than a low-end RB#2 - but I believe Freeman is mostly done.   I don't expect him to be in the league 3 years from now.

next year for me, if he finishes this year.....

19 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Now? I thought that several years ago. I got tired of watching pitter-patter feet trying to get to the hole or make it around the edge. Free, this is the NFL (not for long) thank you for your service. 

That’s cold bro.

But could be true....

19 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

There are three different RBs. Freeman was better till injuries ran him down to ground. Ito can be useful if he can stay in the field. Brian Hill is not better than both. either

FIFY

6 hours ago, Vandy said:

Some people (Not mentioning any names) forget how good Freeman was before he got injured as well. :ninja:

But that's the point injuries wrecked his career. He didnt look like the same Freeman last year. 

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

we're talking about on the field though, not who's gonna make to the trainers table first.

Ik and im saying Ito has looked good, people were calling him a lesser version of freeman before he was getting injured so much 

Only because of health do I think Hill is better than Freeman right now. Hill has the potential to be a thousand yard rusher in a run heavy scheme I think with his size. If Freeman is healthy, he definitely will produce but I wouldn't mind giving Hill a chance simply because he has more tread on his tires. I'm not sure Smith has the size or the strength to withstand that many carries in a featured role. RBBC is great for backs to keep their legs fresh so we will see if Smith can overcome his injury and produce.

12 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Yes, without question. Glad Freeman is gone he was a waste and took up way to much cap space and his crappy blocking put Ryan in danger.

Funny because he was actually an above average pass blocker. That’s why he won the starting role against Tevin Coleman originally.

people just remember his missed block in the super bowl unfortunately 

Freeman was one of my favorite Falcons during his tenure here but we had to move on.  Still not sure why Hill didn't get more opportunities down the stretch.  There was absolutely 0 downside to seeing if he could carry the load.  The games he started it seemed they were afraid to run the ball.

1 hour ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Funny because he was actually an above average pass blocker. That’s why he won the starting role against Tevin Coleman originally.

people just remember his missed block in the super bowl unfortunately 

Blocking isnt why he won the starting job. His elusiveness is why he won the job. He could make that 1st guy niss and turn negative plays into positive plays. He could turn good 4 yard plays into great 10 yard plays. All that changed when he was concussed in 2017 against Dallas. That effectively ended his career. He was never the same. In 18 and 19, he never had that same movement,  that same quickness, that same fearlessness.  He was done.  

He was better than them and a probowl RB 2 years ago. Ito shined better than Freeman last season when given the same chances. Brian Hill, I would say is on the same or lower level than Free until he proves it for a long period of time.

I believe Ollison will take a huge step forward if he gets his opportunities this year though

16 hours ago, ramonezy said:

Better value for money? Yes

Better player? No

People like to forget that Freeman is a 2x probowl RB

NFL players fall off so fast so that doesn't mean anything. Nmadi was the best CB in the league and then one day he was out of it

7 hours ago, autigerfan said:

Ito is probably a slightly better version of Jaquizz Rogers.  Decent depth but not starting material.

good call. Shifty, tough, quick but not fast