Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think that both Itto Smith and Brian Hill are better than Devonta Freeman right now?

No, while running the football they may be close, Freeman is a way better receiver out of the backfield. There's a reason that we got Gurley 

He's just too expensive and a concussion or two away from disaster. I'll still be rooting for the kid though... as long as he's not playing us.

Freeman when healthy is one of the top backs in the league. Unfortunately, his career might be over due to injuries and concussions. His style of play was fun to watch, but he took a lot of unnecessary punishment. Young backs coming into the league need to learn how to take care of themselves. There is nothing wrong with running out of bounds on some plays to avoid a big hit.

54 minutes ago, caponine said:

Ito Smith definitely is , people forget how good he was looking before he got injured. He definitely would have taken the starting job 

Some people (Not mentioning any names) forget how good Freeman was before he got injured as well. :ninja:

I don't know how much Free has left in the tank, but I know it can't be much with the punishment and the injuries, especially the concussions. If our OL can get it together as most of us hope and expect, Gurley, Ito, Keith Smith, Hill and Ollison are certainly good enough to give us a respectable ground game and balanced attack.

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Kinda hard to judge. All 3 had the same offensive line last season and all 3 looked mediocre at most with a few flashes. 

I was thinking they were on the same level in 2019.  Smith and Hill can get better.  Freeman was on the downhill side of performance.

2 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I think they are all hot garbage...

Would you think that if they all went to the Patriots and played for Belicheat?

The RBBC will be in full swing in ATL. I think Freeman is past his prime. 

It's a passing league these days. That said establishing the run so a defense has to respect run and pass will take a team further than one dimension. 

Hopefully ATL can run the ball this year but I'm not holding my breath.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

If my aunt had balls would she be my uncle?

I am trying to have a football discussion.  I think these backs are the type of runners Bill Belichick or Sean Peyton would put in a rotation and would play to their strengths.  Both coaches would make them hard to stop. 

Do you want to have a football discussion or can I expect more of the same?

BTW:  The answer to this question is very pertinent to the OP's initial question.  Are Hill and Smith better than Freeman now?  In extension of this question, if not, are they sitting on the potential to be so?  My belief is that they have that potential.  They cannot be judged by how they performed with our 2019 OL. 

Edited by NaGaBoy

25 minutes ago, NaGaBoy said:

I am trying to have a football discussion.  I think these backs are the type of runners Bill Belichick or Sean Peyton would put in a rotation and would play to their strengths.  Both coaches would make them hard to stop. 

Do you want to have a football discussion or can I expect more of the same?

BTW:  The answer to this question is very pertinent to the OP's initial question.  Are Hill and Smith better than Freeman now?  In extension of this question, if not, are they sitting on the potential to be so?  My belief is that they have that potential.  They cannot be judged by how they performed with our 2019 OL. 

Pretty much every fan of every team believes their 2nd/3rd RBs “have potential.” But truth is there’s valid reasons they both are mired in those roles. 

Not just RBs either. Go back and take a look at some of the idiotic threads in here pre-season 2016 suggesting backup QB Schaub as better option over Starter Matt Ryan. (Mind you, this was the year Matt went on to win mvp :ninja:).

I really don't see anything constructive coming from this sort of banter imho.

I do think the Falcons did the right thing in moving on.  God Bless Free as he moves on & thank you for all those years when you made us proud.

I'll be pulling for Ito though,  because I do believe he has a chance to be pretty good.  He has the tools no doubt.

20 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Pretty much every fan of every team believes their 2nd/3rd RBs “have potential.” But truth is there’s valid reasons they both are mired in those roles. 

Not just RBs either. Go back and take a look at some of the idiotic threads in here pre-season 2016 suggesting backup QB Schaub as better option over Starter Matt Ryan. (Mind you, this was the year Matt went on to win mvp :ninja:).

I get your point.  I cannot believe that hoping Hill and Smith have the potential to be more is on the same absurd level as believing Schaub was a better option to Ryan.  I either did not see those discussions or opted to block them from my mind.  Schaub has been good, but never great.  I consider Ryan great.  I know I will hear about that. 

3 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

Better value for money? Yes

Better player? No

People like to forget that Freeman is a 2x probowl RB

DeCoud was a pro bowler as well and this board said he sucked so there’s that