Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cole World

Favorite scene from the Last Dance

8 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The reason I can’t put Kobe in that conversation is because he simply didn’t DOMINATE the NBA in his career. Was he successful? Yes. Was he the best player in the NBA at some point? Yes. But did he dominate the league? Not really. Jordan has 5 MVP’s, 6 championships, and 6 finals MVP’s. That is pure dominance. LeBron has 4 MVP’s, 3 championships, 3 finals MVP’s. and 8 finals appearances. Dominance.

Kobe only has 1 MVP. The same as Dirk Nowitzki and Derrick Rose. 1 less than Steve Nash...and in 3 of his 5 championships, Shaq won the MVP. 

To me, Jordan and LeBron on another planet. Nobody close to either 

What about Kareem?

He could be in the conversation as well.

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea, Jordan is fascinating to me. Dude is wired completely differently. He’s definitely the best basketball player ever. But I also think he might be a sociopath. 

LOL JD....that might be a little strong.

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I didn't even know that he and Charles Barkley weren't friends anymore. They used to be real close and even played golf together many times.

Wouldn’t put all of that one on Jordan though.

27 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

You gotta give Kobe a good bit of credit for those 3 NBA titles with Shaq though. That was the main reason why it became a rift between Kobe and Shaq.

Kobe wanted to no longer be discredited by playing with Shaq. Kobe still went to 3 NBA finals and won 2 NBA titles without Shaq. That's even with LeBron in the league.

Iverson, Garnett, and Duncan all lost to Kobe in an NBA Finals.

I get it man. But it still took away the dominance part that I'm referring to. 

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL JD....that might be a little strong.

I don't know, JD probably right.

Jordan is competitive to almost insanity. I remember Longley in one episode saying that Jordan wanted to play cards with them just to say that he has their money in his pocket. Even if it was just $1 a hand lol.

There are plenty tales of MJ trying to turn just about anything into a competition with just about anybody.

28 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

You gotta give Kobe a good bit of credit for those 3 NBA titles with Shaq though. That was the main reason why it became a rift between Kobe and Shaq.

Kobe wanted to no longer be discredited by playing with Shaq. Kobe still went to 3 NBA finals and won 2 NBA titles without Shaq. That's even with LeBron in the league.

Iverson, Garnett, and Duncan all lost to Kobe in an NBA Finals.

One thing, almost every eastern conference team the Lakers best during those title runs were pretty bad. It was truly the Leastern conference during that time. Detroit was pretty much the only team that matched them and played physical with them. 

Now that’s not to take anything away from those championships but the teams Jordan’s teams beat and LeBrons teams best were much tougher foes imo.

Kobe and the Lakers pretty much dominated when the east was at its worst. Remember those western conference teams had great teams even at the 8th seed while you had several awful records in the eastern conference playoffs. 

4 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

@ya_boi_j is talking about the experiences of many other people who've came out publicly about MJ and talked about how he really isn't a nice guy.

Both regular fans and even some celebrities have said over the years that Jordan is quite what he's cracked up to be in person. He tends to rub people the wrong way and is at times a straight ***hole.

I get that a lot from my golf buddies, but we're still buds.

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I get it man. But it still took away the dominance part that I'm referring to. 

LeBron is the more dominant overall player than Kobe in talent and in the ways he can affect a game.

Kobe is the more dominant player in crucial times. Kobe's will and mentality was more like MJ as in he's gonna take over no matter what. LeBron has no problem allowing someone else help win the game for his team.

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

One thing, almost every eastern conference team the Lakers best during those title runs were pretty bad. It was truly the Leastern conference during that time. Detroit was pretty much the only team that matched them and played physical with them. 

Now that’s not to take anything away from those championships but the teams Jordan’s teams beat and LeBrons teams best were much tougher foes imo.

Kobe and the Lakers pretty much dominated when the east was at its worst. Remember those western conference teams had great teams even at the 8th seed while you had several awful records in the eastern conference playoffs. 

True about the East, but Kobe and the Lakers still had to play in a stacked Western conference to get to the finals.

That's similar LeBron playing in a not so good Eastern conference and dominating all the way to the NBA Finals for many years.

MJ played in a pretty stacked Eastern conference, but also had to beat some really good Western teams in the Finals.

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Didnt watch a second of it but from the things I heard about it, Jordan was a snake. 

Anyone that watched it and walked away thinking that, had alredy decided he was a snake before watching it.

I can definitely see how he rubbed people the wrong way but not a snake.

3 hours ago, caponine said:

I mean can you blame him?? Not saying your friend was wrong , he probably should have given him one dollar but from Jordan's pov he is wondering why a guy is flagging his car down. Is it some sort of trap to rob him..

Im not saying that was your friend's intent at all but there are alot of athletes that are very cautious when it comes to doing that 

Not knowing the situation, but I've passed by panhandlers many times and read the moment in MY mind and freely gave to others. Judgement is easy to speak of, but not always right.

5 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

True about the East, but Kobe and the Lakers still had to play in a stacked Western conference to get to the finals.

That's similar LeBron playing in a not so good Eastern conference and dominating all the way to the NBA Finals for many years.

MJ played in a pretty stacked Eastern conference, but also had to beat some really good Western teams in the Finals.

Thats what I’m saying. His greatest competition came from within his own conference. Jordan had the toughest era to play in. Lebron came into the league when the East was bad and it stayed bad for a pretty long time. 

33 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Thats what I’m saying. His greatest competition came from within his own conference. Jordan had the toughest era to play in. Lebron came into the league when the East was bad and it stayed bad for a pretty long time. 

Yep

That's what was so special about Jordan's era. The entire NBA was on a more even playing field because elite stars were more spread out.

Many teams had a bonafide star along with a complementary star. NBA Jam used to be 🔥 back in the day even though Jordan was never on it.

17 hours ago, kschreck said:

Anyone that watched it and walked away thinking that, had alredy decided he was a snake before watching it.

Yeah, his laser focus didn’t put up with any passivity from teammates. And it was all-out war against an opponent. But that doesn’t make him a snake.

Successful people such as MJ ...be it in sports or business....always rub the less successful (especially those who’ve never won anything) the wrong way. 

3 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I don't know, JD probably right.

Jordan is competitive to almost insanity. I remember Longley in one episode saying that Jordan wanted to play cards with them just to say that he has their money in his pocket. Even if it was just $1 a hand lol.

There are plenty tales of MJ trying to turn just about anything into a competition with just about anybody.

All true, but that doesn’t make him into a sociopath. At least not to me. 🤫

2 hours ago, kschreck said:

Like I said, I didnt watch a single second of it. I'm just going by others opinions. As in everything, theres always going to be different takes. The said one thing, you said another. Not my place to determine when they decided on their opinion. 

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yep

That's what was so special about Jordan's era. The entire NBA was on a more even playing field because elite stars were more spread out.

Many teams had a bonafide star along with a complementary star. NBA Jam used to be 🔥 back in the day even though Jordan was never on it.

EVERY TEAM HAD A SUPERSTAR or 2!!!

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Like I said, I didnt watch a single second of it. I'm just going by others opinions. As in everything, theres always going to be different takes. The said one thing, you said another. Not my place to determine when they decided on their opinion. 

Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion, doesn't make the opinion reasonable.

A snake is the type of guy doing and saying things behind your back that he won't to your face. 

If you had watched it, you'd realize that it isn't a viable conclusion to come to, based on the documentary.

Yeah Shaq went off in those finals, but I still don't think Shaq would've won those NBA titles without Kobe.

Kobe became even better after Shaq left.

Well sure. But you could also make the same argument that Jordan doesn’t win without Pippen. The difference is that nobody on this planet says that Pippen was better than Jordan. However, it’s about 50-50 split on Shaq and Kobe. 

LeBron is the more dominant overall player than Kobe in talent and in the ways he can affect a game.

Kobe is the more dominant player in crucial times. Kobe's will and mentality was more like MJ as in he's gonna take over no matter what. LeBron has no problem allowing someone else help win the game for his team.

Yea, I’ve always thought the comparisons of MJ and LBJ didn’t make sense. It should be more like MJ and Kobe and LBJ and Magic. 

9 minutes ago, kschreck said:

Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion, doesn't make the opinion reasonable.

A snake is the type of guy doing and saying things behind your back that he won't to your face. 

If you had watched it, you'd realize that it isn't a viable conclusion to come to, based on the documentary.

It is what it is. Not going to discredit anyones opinion. You have yours, they have theirs.