Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cole World

Matt Ryan and Hayden Hurst have been playing throw and catch

15 minutes ago, Dr_truth189 said:

I think Hurst is going to surprise a lot of people this year.  He's a 1st round caliber TE that got caught in a bad scheme for him while also sitting behind star TEs and still managed to produce.  I'm just as excited for him as I am for Gurley. 

Yeah,  I agree.

I am very high on what Hurst can be with Atlanta - I believe he has more physical talent than Austin Hooper and is more of an explosive weapon.    Obviously it has to play out but I am expectant of a nice year for Hayden Hurst.

9 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Get that timing down! That's more speed at the TE position then... well ever I think

Hurst's speed surprised me.  He should be more effective than Hoop, who was good,  but Hurst has that " take it to the house" speed. With Julio and Ridley stretching the field vertically,  Hurst AND Gurley should have room to wreck havoc underneath.  Hurst should be a matchup nightmare for defenses...

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah,  I agree.

I am very high on what Hurst can be with Atlanta - I believe he has more physical talent than Austin Hooper and is more of an explosive weapon.    Obviously it has to play out but I am expectant of a nice year for Hayden Hurst.

Agreed.  Imo this is the best situation possible for Hurst....An elite qb who likes to throw to TE's, a system that is uber TE friendly, and a gaggle of weapons around him to where he should get favorable matchups week in and week out.

Everything is set up for him to produce...he just has to do it.

21 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Hurst said from day 1 he would do whatever it took to get his offseason reps in with Matt. Love to see it

He's going to be a top TE in the NFL for us. The epic drop-off predicted at TE with the loss of Hooper will be found to have been grossly over-estimated.

11 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Agreed.  Imo this is the best situation possible for Hurst....An elite qb who likes to throw to TE's, a system that is uber TE friendly, and a gaggle of weapons around him to where he should get favorable matchups week in and week out.

Everything is set up for him to produce...he just has to do it.

It really is.

His issue has been nagging injuries, not talent. 

5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah,  I agree.

I need to see Hurst block I know we are going to throw it as much I just need to see this commitment Koetter mentioned the other day to the run game and improve our efficiency there.For me without it I think we are middle of the road again with Koetter calling it.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

I need to see Hurst block I know we are going to throw it as much I just need to see this commitment Koetter mentioned the other day to the run game and improve our efficiency there.For me without it I think we are middle of the road again with Koetter calling it.

I have zero confidence in Koetter.   

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah,  I agree.

Yep

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah,  I agree.

I've been seeing this a lot (physical talent, explosiveness) from various spots.

Hurst was .05 seconds faster in the 40, and worse on all other testing than Hooper, and with shorter arms and smaller hands.  I think Hurst will probably do fine, but I haven't understood why people think he's a big athletic marvel compared to Hoop when Hoop actually generally outperformed him.

Is it watching him on the Ravens, because I didn't do that a lot.

Anyway, hope he does great, and love to hear he's putting in the work, and I think he'll be a better run blocker.  Just wanted to have some light shed on the more athletic angle, because I've meant to ask a few times.

27 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

I've been seeing this a lot (physical talent, explosiveness) from various spots.

Hurst was .05 seconds faster in the 40, and worse on all other testing than Hooper, and with shorter arms and smaller hands.  I think Hurst will probably do fine, but I haven't understood why people think he's a big athletic marvel compared to Hoop when Hoop actually generally outperformed him.

Anyway, hope he does great, and love to hear he's putting in the work, and I think he'll be a better run blocker.  Just wanted to have some light shed on the more athletic angle, because I've meant to ask a few times.

Hes more agile on film than Hooper thats where people are getting those takes.  

34 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

40 time and game speed are not the same. 

Of course a full time starter is going to outperform a part time. 

You gotta watch him dating back to South Carolina 

Definitely a solid run blocker