What are you're most disappointing/biggest busts/unluckiest players in your history as a Falcons fan? Also, some of the top AFMB Meme Players/Fan favorites.

59 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

I felt the post was very unorganized, and ended up going in multiple directions. Left out some AFMB kegend pkayers like jordan beck, kerry meier, laruent robinson(my name is satirical btw), dj shockley. I forgot JA98, but thats because i never even liked the pick. Most(not all) the busts i listed were pkayers i actually had high hopes for. I never liked the jalen colins pick though, but started to during the end of 2016. LSU is DBU, but it seems like they are either stars(Mathieu, peterson, adams, tredavious(?)) or disappintments/busts(collins, landry, claiborne). Doesnt seem to be alot of in between pkayers. Well see how delpit, greedy, and fulton turn out. J have high hopes for Fulton though. 50/50 on delpit, and didnt like greedy too much as a prospect, but he flashed his rookie year. 

Give yourself a break. Going into it I was thinking which player that maybe we liked disappointed the most for us as fans. I was thinking losing William Andrews. That really hurt me as a kid. The disappointment was real. I’ve been working really hard though. So I’m tired. Not complaining. I’m very grateful. 

2 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

Did you ever consider writing encyclopedias?

Biggest bust in my opinion was Bruce Pickens. Next on my list is Jamal Anderson... I'll let you guess which one.

I don't remember Bruce, so he didn't make it for me

Sent from his Ipad.

2 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Most disappointing: Sean Weatherspoon. This guy had the ability to be special for us but couldn't stay healthy. Made some amazing plays over the years. Would have loved to see what a healthy version of Spoon for years would've done for our defense. 

You could throw him to the unluckiest category

UNLUCKY

Jordan Beck - looked like the 2nd coming of Brookng in rookie pre-season. Broke his foot in the last PS game, never saw the field again.

Bob Christian - best FB we've ever had, concussions forced him out.

Keanu Neal - our enforcer. feared by every receiver in the league. back to back season ending injuries. annual recipient of "most fined for normal hits that refs call as unnecessary roughness" award. Should have been on the same team as Jack Ham or **** Butkus.

BUSTS

Peerless Price - Could have been a stud.

Dan Quinn - all the talent that has flowed thru ATL? Signing VBs 5th year option? Wasting MR2s golden years? Putting Isiah Oliver on the field? hiring DK as OC? living in the NFL defensive basement year after year?

And I thought the title was long 😀.

Jimmy Williams was big and fast, but that's where the Sean Taylor comparisons end. Taylor was truly a once in a generation type player - the closest I've seen is Derwin James and he's not Taylor. 

My biggest disappointments were Sean Weatherspoon and Peria Jerry. Weatherspoon because he was a guy I had targeted since his freshman year at Mizzou - without the injuries I think he could have been a top 5 linebacker in the league. Jerry for opposite reasons - I wanted either Cushing (went before our pick) or Matthews from USC. Even before the injuries, I wasn't a fan of Jerry.

14 hours ago, Vandy said:

Pickens was a much bigger Bust.

Bruce lasted 7 years in nfl .. had 32 career sacks.

Classic case of expectations being so high that anything short is considered a bust.

He was supposed to be the next Lawrence Taylor...so any thing short of that is considered failure.....which is not really fair

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

Aundray Bruce is the worst bust in Falcons history.  

Period.

I wouldn't even put him in the Top 5. 

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Classic case of expectations being so high that anything short is considered a bust.

He was supposed to be the next Lawrence Taylor...so any thing short of that is considered failure.....which is not really fair

Exactly. No doubt he was a disappointment, but actually had 6 sacks in each of his 1st two seasons.

Unlucky pretty much sums up most of TD's draft misses

Baker, Spoon, Jerry, Willy Mo and some others...all were good football players but all were snake bitten by injury.

Jerry never fully recovered from his knee injury....and the other 3 mentioned toughed out alot of injuries that limited their effectiveness.

When they were right...all were great players.

When they were not....well they were not.

I have said it before and I will go to my grave on this hill....if Willy Mo had been able to stay healthy then he would be considered one of the best safeties of his generation.

16 hours ago, Vandy said:

I saw them both, Pickens was far and away the worst pick in team history.

JA98 would be my second choice.

I mean, Aundray Bruce did SOMETHING in the NFL.  He didn't live up to his draft status, but he made a handful of plays per season.  Which puts him ahead of Pickens and Anderson in my book.

I might put Michael Booker ahead of Anderson though.  Which is funny because, man, Nebraska cornerbacks and this team.  I don't care if a guy is slated to be the guy that makes everyone forget Deion Sanders existed, if he's from Nebraska, the Falcons need to pass.

11 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I mean, Aundray Bruce did SOMETHING in the NFL.  He didn't live up to his draft status, but he made a handful of plays per season.  Which puts him ahead of Pickens and Anderson in my book.

I might put Michael Booker ahead of Anderson though.  Which is funny because, man, Nebraska cornerbacks and this team.  I don't care if a guy is slated to be the guy that makes everyone forget Deion Sanders existed, if he's from Nebraska, the Falcons need to pass.

Brutal truth. 

17 hours ago, papachaz said:

Aundrey Bruce says he wants to see you out side.

wait a minute, he says never mind, that would require too much effort

carry on

:lol:

and it's kind of obvious the number of fans who've only been around a few years isn't it?

I was just going to list Audrey Bruce he was drafted with the 1st overall pick in 1988 and lasted 42 games between the Falcons and Raiders. Then to add insult to injury we drafted Marcus Cotton with pick 28 at the top of the 2nd round. Meanwhile there were 5 HOF players in that draft, 3 in the 1st and 2 in the 2nd round.

I mean, Aundray Bruce had 4 interceptions and a TD off of one of them, 9 forced fumbles, 32 sacks and 275 tackles for his career.

He was a bust for sure.  Especially as the number 1 pick, and especially in that draft.  Especially given the hype about him coming out of college.

But ahead of Pickens and Anderson, neither of whom did anything remotely close to showing themselves as NFL caliber players?  Nah.