What are you're most disappointing/biggest busts/unluckiest players in your history as a Falcons fan? Also, some of the top AFMB Meme Players/Fan favorites.

When it comes to biggest busts, I am going to go with a okayer that I had HIGH exoectstions for, and I was beyond ecstatic when he fell to us in the 2nd. A DB whos scouting report had him running between 4.3-4.4 in the 40 at ariund 6'2"-6'3" and 210-220 lbs. A supreme athlete with sideline to sideline range. Was touted as a top 5-10 pick before the draft process due to his sideline to sideline range, and his ability as a thumper to flat out take someones head off. I am talking about the one and only Jimmy Williams, DB from Virginia Tech. Like most busts, he simply had a **** work ethic, and was horrible at making choices off the field. When it comes to being the whole package by being athletically and physically gifted, I would say he was one of the DB's that were closest physically and athletically to Sean Taylor that we've ever seen. Many thought he would be a 6'2" lockdown CB, or a FS with limitless range and elite hitting ability. I didnt really know how to scout back then, like i do now. Thats mainly because I was only 13 and didnt know how to eye talent and notice the small things that seperate great pkayers from average players/busts. With that being said, I noticed the character flaws from the get go. The fact that he was that talented, and went from a projected top 5-10 pick to dropping to the 2nd round was a MAJOR red flag. I think he got into legal trouble before the draft, and/or failed the combine drug test. Id have to go back and look.

Tge next player is one of the most underrated, and overrated CBs of the oast 20 years. Underrated because he is also suptemely gufted athletically, and put up monster numbers(especially in ATL), and also overrated because his "me first" mindset, and his bad habut of being burnt or getting flagged for PI. Of course we are talking about DeAngelo Hall. He could do something only 2 or 3 CB's in the entire league could do one play, and then look like a complete bust the next play. His first 4 years in the NFL were of course in the A, and he put up 17 INT and 48 PBU in his first 4 seasons. Thats elite level production, but was also a locker room cancer. Thats why we shipped him off to OAK. While he definitley had his lowlights, he started be more conaistent and matured aomewhat as he got older(especially during hus tenure in WAS). Hes had 4 INT in a game, and has over 40 career INT. If the HoF was easier to get into, he could statistically make a casr to ve inducted. If he was dedicated to the film room, and being a team first player, he would be one fo the bst CB's since at least 2004. When he was at the top of his game, he reminded me alot of Champ Bailey, but slightly faster. He was a beyond special athlete. Evidence of that apecial athletacism was the fact that he ran a 4.19 at Va Tech. If Jimmy Williams and DeAngelo Hall had the mindset of players lile Desmond Trufant and Keanu Neal, we would have either had one of the top CB duos of the mid-late 2000's, or one of tge best CB-FS duos in the league(depending on where Jimmy Played). I know that last sentence was what A LOT of us were hoping to happen/envisioned when we snagged Jimmy in the 2nd round. Sadly, it never panned out. They would have added a whole other dimension to our defenses on the 2010 and 2012 season especially(when they would have been in their primes). We also would have probably not gave the Brinks truck to Dunt Robinson. We still probably would gave traded a 7th for Asante Samuel(still weird to think that we had Samuel on the team. Would have been nice to have prime Asante on the team. He was the 2nd best CB of the 2000's IMO, behind only Champ Bailey). We coudl have taken that Dunta Robinson money, and maybe we would have been able to sign a Julius Peppers instead of Robinson that offseason. Maybe that would agve just had to go to Hall though. Too bad they had **** for brains, were a team cancer, and/or a ****ty work ethic.

I also wanted to incoude players that will go down in AFMB and Falcons history as players thay were far too overhyped, and never lived up to those expectations(for many different reasons) were, as well as naming more notable disappointments/busts. I also want to include some AFMB legends/meme players who were also faaaaaaarrrrrr too overhyped:

- CB Chris Owens - He was overhyped by being a young CB with promise as a 4th or 5th CB, but the lack of CB talent on the roster had some people thinking he would develop into a #1 or #2 CB lol. Shows how bad the CB group was Pre-Trufant and Alford. I biught into the rookie year hype, but **** did I look like an idiot. 

- LB Joplo Bartu - Similar to the Owens situation, Bartu's legend was ampligied by the lack of talent around him, as well as the storyline of us starting 2 rookie UDFA LB's(worrilow) who beyond exceeded expectations and performed admirably. 

- DE Jonathan Massaquoi(?) - One of the players that I think would have a completely different career trajectory had he been drafted by DQ instead of Smitty IMHO. Mass was a speed rusher with the physical tools to be a decent pass rusher. He never had the Coaching stagg to untap that potential. I think DQ would have gotten it out of him, or atleast get him to a point where he would have been getting 6-8 sacks a season. 

- DL Ra'Shede Hageman - Talk about a disappointment. The definition of built like tarzan, and plays like Jane. To be fair, he has dominated drives, and occaionally a quarter or most of a game(especially during the SB run). Like Hall and Williams, Hageman would have transformed the defense had he known how to conduct hinself ad a professional. I mean the dude messaged people om IG looking for weed. An example of how stupid the dude was, and where his priorities were. Hageman with a Grady mindset, along with being oined up next to Grady, would gave given us a top tier DT duo, and possibly the best in the league. A real waste of talent. 

- LB/EDGE Prince Shembo - even though he didnt put up the numbers, I think Shembo was about to become a solid pass rusher, especially under DQ and his staff. Only here for a year before being cut(due to kicking and accidentally killing his GF's dog), Shembo didnt out up the numbers, but was progressing as a rookie, and it seemed like he was getting more oressures with every game under his belt, and was getting closer and closer to tge QB with every snap. He was definitley developing, and I think theres a very good chance he would still have been our starter to this day, unless another team wanted to overpay for him. Maybe we get another pass rusher isntead of Campbell if shembo was on the squad, or we have Camobell at WLB, Shembo at SLB, and DeBo at MLB. I had a lot of confidence that Shembo would have been a very solid pass rusher, had he not had his whole life and career ruined by one kick. I live animals, but dide deserved another chance. He was pretty much blackballed though after that though. Dude had the right midnset of an NFL player, and had a mean streak as a pass rusher as well. Since I think he had what it took mentally and physically to be at least a solid rotational player, or starter for us, I have to put him at the top, or near the top, of biggest diappointments/what if's when it comes to pkayers since 2000ish. 

- S Darren Stone - I think everyone who was following the falcons when Stone was drafted remember ESPN showing a video of him jumping over a car during the NFL draft after he was selected. Leave it to AFMB to hype up a player for jumping iver a car, and gawking over a player for doing aoemthing that has nothing to do with football lol. 

- LB Jermaine Grace - Grace probably doesnt gave the AFMB legacy that others on this list have, but **** I think he fits DQ's system perfectly, and was surpised be didnt get more PT after being a standout in pretty much every pre season game hes ever suited up for us. Great athelte, who hopefully will be back as a depth player. 

- CB Jalen Collins - One of the more recent disappintments. Collins was thrusted into a key role after Trufants injury in 2016, and was even the best CB on the team for multiple weeks down the stretch of that season. Sadly, his story is pretty much identical to Hageman and Jimmy's. Simply didnt know how to be a professional, and got to the NFL based on dominating less talented college players due to superior physical tools. Collins looked like he could very well devlop into a solid #2 in quinns scheme. Too bad we drafted anther idiot. 

- C James Stone - R The Great, what the **** wete you thinking? Hot garbage. Nuff said. 

As a bonus to this post, what are your top 3 worst draft picks in the TD era?(order not necessary).

My top 3 worst TD picks(not in order) would be:

- DT Peria Jerry- even thiugh he showed flashes early in his rookie season before injury(when was he NOT injured?), Jerry was a wasted 1st round pick that I was not a fan of from the moment his name was called. The fact that he retired VERY early(even thiugh he was 24 or 25 as a rookie) AND the fact we used a 1st riund pick makes the pick that much worst. Not to mention he never had even 3 or 4 straight games of him showing us all why he was worth a 1st round pick. 

- C Peter Konz - The worst IOL i have ever seen. Looked like a fat high schooler who started NFL games as a Make-A-Wish kid. The opposite of a mean streak. Softer than pudding. What makes it so much worse is that we NEEDED to hut on this pick because we didnt have a 1st that year due to the Julio trade. Julio trade is lopsided looking back on it, but Konz is one ot the main reasons why some people would still say the trade wasnt worth it. I never said that, but I see what they meant at the time. 

- LT Lamar Holmes - After naming the worst IOL i have ever seen in Konz, here is the worst OT i have ever seen. Another reason why the 2012 draft IiS the worst draft in Falcona history, and Another reason why the Julio trade did set us back for a couple years in terms of talent. If we didnt have the success we had in 2012 during the refular season and playoffs, the Konz and Holmes picks would get even more attention as possibly the worst back to back picks in NFL history. No joke. Think of a worse 2nd and 3dd round pick combination a team has ever made. Ill wait.  

- FB Bradie Ewing - wow the 2012 draft was bad. Forget the worst back to back picks. We DEFINITELY have the worst top 3 picks of a draft class in konz(2), holmes(3), and ewing(5). They dont even deserve to have the first letter of their last names capitalized. 

- LB Duke Riley - Hot garbage. We all know what he did for us, or didnt i guess lol. Wasted 2nd rounder. 

- OL Sean Harlow - helen keller could have done better. 

SIDE NOTE: Do the Falcons HONESTLY own the worst draft class in the ENTIRE hsitory of the NFL with a draft class of:

1 - no pick

2 - peter konz

3 - lamar holmes

4 - no pick

5 - bradie ewing

5 - Jonathon Massoqui(?)

6 - charles mitchell

7 - travian robertson

For real. This ACTUALLY has a chance to be the worst draft class for an individual team in NFL history. They would have had better luck drawing bames out of a hat. How does TD have a draft class like THIS, then follow it up a few years later with a draft class lile 2016?(KeKe, DeBo, Hoop, Campbell, Poole(UDFA), etc.) Makes me wonder if the 2016 class was more DQ or TD? If it was TD, then HOLY **** he has the MOST bi-polar draft hustory of any GM ever. Unless maybe Smitty had soemthing to do with the 2012 class. Either way, tltheres no way anoher team ahs ever had a worse draft class. I find it impossible to believe. These players werent really even busts either lol. They were all gead scratchers from the get go. Even konz was looked at as a C with a high bust rate. Once again, our 2012 veteran roster and success saved TD from being fired years ago. We dont succeed in 2012, and the firing squad is COMING for TD the next offseason. Being one game away from the SB, and the success of Julio individually helped cover up the worst draft class in NFL history, and made sure TD's kids would still be able to go to college lol. TD should be donating half his salary from here on out to Julio. If Julio only never makes a pro bowl and is average, that trade combined with the 2012 class would have been the worst 13 month span by an NFL GM possibly ever because the Ray Edwards signing was also in that 12 month span. Eeeeewww. The fact that Julio will go down as a top 2-3 WR ever (in terms of yardage and oute talent) makes it all worth it. If he wants to play until late 30's, then Julio definitley ahs a chance to break Rices yards record. Already beat rice as fastest to 12k yards by being like 17 or 15 games quicker. 

Ok, so i have came to a bug conclusion today. After years of defending TD's track record, I think if you took the 2009-2015 drafts, and didnt incoude the 1st rounders, we mught have the worst 6 year draft record in the NFL. For some reason, TD usually does a pretty good job at finding "cornerstone picks" in the 1st round. After the first, I think grady is the only pro bowler TD drafted outaide of the 1st round in those 7 drafts combined. Thats atrocious. God awful. Pkayers like Stansley Mponga, Maliciah(?) goodman, dezman southward, and many others were our typical 3rd-5th round guys. Tahnk GOD Pioli and DQ have helped him the past few years. 

I guess this post didnt really have a point. I mainlyw ajted to bring up our buggest disappintemnts, and bring up former AFMB meme players/legends. I like TD enough to have truat in this years draft, and i definitley didnt make this to bash him, but looking at former draft picks for my list of hus 5 worst players drafted made me realize how bad his track record is after the 1st round, and how one draft(2016), or even just hitting on your 1st round picks(most the time) can amost make up for all tge other blunders, and a few elite players can get you to playoff contention/.500. Surrounding your core with the right role pkayers is what seperates the great teams from the rest of the pack. I have high hopes for this years team. I think the defense is about to ball out. Love that we have Raheem Morris coaching the secondary the whole season. What do you guys think about this random *** post?

You pretty much covered just about everybody any fan can think of, but one guy I was completely geeked that we drafted and didn't do much was Lawrence Sidbury.  I just kept thinking about those 4 sacks he had in their championship game and that spin move.  I just knew he was going to be our late round diamond in the rough

Kudos for writing this long. 
Us drafting MV has ripple effects. We drafted several VT players, some hit, some miss. I had the benefit of watching these guys you mention develop live in games when they played on college. 

DeAngelo- good pick. We had good production from him while he was here. Jimmy Williams- not so good. His hips were way too stiff for CB. He could get away with that in college. And he would get burned if tested by better players (i personally witnessed him v Calvin Johnson: you know how that went). 
But in his best nfl position was an around the Box safety. His strength was his ferocious tackling. 

a lot of those guys ran on pure talent and didnt put the film work in..

7 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Did you ever consider writing encyclopedias?

Biggest bust in my opinion was Bruce Pickens. Next on my list is Jamal Anderson... I'll let you guess which one.

I don't remember Bruce, so he didn't make it for me

I saw them both, Pickens was far and away the worst pick in team history.

JA98 would be my second choice.

7 minutes ago, Em_Jae20 said:

You pretty much covered just about everybody any fan can think of, but one guy I was completely geeked that we drafted and didn't do much was Lawrence Sidbury.  I just kept thinking about those 4 sacks he had in their championship game and that spin move.  I just knew he was going to be our late round diamond in the rough

Forgot about him! I used to call him Spinbury 

Speaking of Jimmy Williams, Ithink he was drafted in the wrong era.  If he were to get drafted in this year's draft he'd probably be a good candidate for an off-ball linebacker.  Bulk him up to about 225, which wouldn't be a problem and let him fly around in the box and make plays from sideline to sideline.  I think he ran a 4.44 at his pro day.  That'd be interesting to see

12 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Kudos for writing this long. 
Us drafting MV has ripple effects. We drafted several VT players, some hit, some miss. I had the benefit of watching these guys you mention develop live in games when they played on college. 

DeAngelo- good pick. We had good production from him while he was here. Jimmy Williams- not so good. His hips were way too stiff for CB. He could get away with that in college. And he would get burned if tested by better players (i personally witnessed him v Calvin Johnson: you know how that went). 
But in his best nfl position was an around the Box safety. His strength was his ferocious tackling. 

a lot of those guys ran on pure talent and didnt put the film work in..

Much like Jalen Collins, Jimmy Will liked his weed more than football, yes VT?

Just now, Vandy said:

Jimmybhad a much hugher potential than Collins IMO. Like i said, he was the closest DB to a sean taylor comparison in that era. 6'2"-6'3" 215ish. 4.3 40 on a good day, with consistent 4.4 speed. Could flat out lay the wood. 

Side note, did anyone remember just how BAD the 2012 class was? Holy shnikes. 

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I saw them both, Pickens was far and away the worst pick in team history.

JA98 would be my second choice.

Aundrey Bruce says he wants to see you out side.

wait a minute, he says never mind, that would require too much effort

carry on

:lol:

and it's kind of obvious the number of fans who've only been around a few years isn't it?

You threw it back with Jimmy Williams. 

I wouldnt put Deangelo Hall on a list of busts or disappointments. We have had plenty of great players fizzle out fast or move on to different pastures. Hall was a pro bowler with us, I got nothing against him, especially when Pigtrino turned off a lot of players. We moved on from Crumpler that same offseason for crying out loud because of the "locker room issues".

Any player that was cast aside after that BS coach gets amnesty from me. When a sh*tty person is in charge and loses the locker room and abandons his team in the middle of the night, Im not going to blame guys that have laid it on the line for the franchise through thick and thin for being anti for one season.

We lost Hall, Crumpler, Rod Coleman, Kynan Forney (injury?), and Warrick Dunn after that season. Joe Horn decided to retire than come back and rebuild lol

2007 was a messed up year, DeAngelo and Alge could have held it together and return to form for another coach like Smith Im sure.

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Im pretty sure all of them liked the herb and was a heavy focus in lieu of preparation. It played a role w JW i think.  Some could just survive on talent alone. 

Just now, Black Francis said:

That took commitment. So many to choose from. So many. 

I felt the post was very unorganized, and ended up going in multiple directions. Left out some AFMB kegend pkayers like jordan beck, kerry meier, laruent robinson(my name is satirical btw), dj shockley. I forgot JA98, but thats because i never even liked the pick. Most(not all) the busts i listed were pkayers i actually had high hopes for. I never liked the jalen colins pick though, but started to during the end of 2016. LSU is DBU, but it seems like they are either stars(Mathieu, peterson, adams, tredavious(?)) or disappintments/busts(collins, landry, claiborne). Doesnt seem to be alot of in between pkayers. Well see how delpit, greedy, and fulton turn out. J have high hopes for Fulton though. 50/50 on delpit, and didnt like greedy too much as a prospect, but he flashed his rookie year. 

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Most Disappointing-Vick

Biggest Bust-Bruce Pickens

Unluckiest-William Andrews (would have been a Hall-of-Fame RB)

Ive been a die hard since 2003, so pickens i dont know anything about outside of just hearing his name. Is he a bigger bust than aundray(?) bruce? Ive seen him listed many tiems as tge buggeat bust in falcons history. 

3 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Jimmybhad a much hugher potential than Collins IMO. Like i said, he was the closest DB to a sean taylor comparison in that era. 6'2"-6'3" 215ish. 4.3 40 on a good day, with consistent 4.4 speed. Could flat out lay the wood. 

My point was he lacked the dedication. 

11 minutes ago, Em_Jae20 said:

Bulk

Absolutely. He had measurables for days. 

7 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

potential

Im not sure about the collins/williams potential debate. Its close. Jw could have been a lot better if he played the tight position. Im no expert, but his hips were too stiff to be a cb. 

and no one ive seen compares to the late great Sean Taylor. He had it all

7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Most Disappointing-Vick

Biggest Bust-Bruce Pickens

Unluckiest-William Andrews (would have been a Hall-of-Fame RB)

Definitely agree about andrews , my biggest disappointment has to be aundrey bruce .... just didnt live up to what he was supposed to be 

4 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

I felt the post was very unorganized, and ended up going in multiple directions. Left out some AFMB kegend pkayers like jordan beck, kerry meier, laruent robinson(my name is satirical btw), dj shockley. I forgot JA98, but thats because i never even liked the pick. Most(not all) the busts i listed were pkayers i actually had high hopes for. I never liked the jalen colins pick though, but started to during the end of 2016. LSU is DBU, but it seems like they are either stars(Mathieu, peterson, adams, tredavious(?)) or disappintments/busts(collins, landry, claiborne). Doesnt seem to be alot of in between pkayers. Well see how delpit, greedy, and fulton turn out. J have high hopes for Fulton though. 50/50 on delpit, and didnt like greedy too much as a prospect, but he flashed his rookie year. 

Oh wow...Kerry Meier.  I remember when he got injured during the pre season thinking that we lost a key piece to our offense that season. 

5 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Ive been a die hard since 2003, so pickens i dont know anything about outside of just hearing his name. Is he a bigger bust than aundray(?) bruce? Ive seen him listed many tiems as tge buggeat bust in falcons history. 

Pickens was a much bigger Bust.

Bruce lasted 7 years in nfl .. had 32 career sacks.

33 minutes ago, Vandy said:

more than football

30 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

potential

Based upon pure measurable and collegiate accomplishments there was a logic to the JW pik.  he should not been drafted that high as a CB, but as a S, he was well worth it.  He was kind of a precursor to Kam Chancellor, but with more speed.  But i knew we valued him more due to the Vick-VT connection.  I dont want to gush over him too much because as some on here remember it was he/vick/deangelo that sparked a strong anti-vt player bias here for a long time...But that being said JW was one of the best dbs to play at VT....

like vandy said, he just didnt put it all together as a pro

31 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

We lost Hall, Crumpler, Rod Coleman, Kynan Forney (injury?), and Warrick Dunn after that season.

good points you bring up.  it was basically a turnover in personnel as well as coaching.  Ill never forget how quittrino quit on us in the middle of the night via a note to players lockers...