Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hard2BaBirdWachr

Mercedes Benz will not renew naming rights for Aints Garbage Dome

11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Doubt it’s anywhere close to Foxworthy’s, at least in actual devoted time spent. 

you should check out his philanthropy work with CURE Childhood Cancer and Camp Sunshine. As well as his work with the homeless.

I'm only teasing, I don't have any ill will towards Foxworthy. He's a good dude, haha. I'm ashamed to admit it but I caught a couple of his specials a few times or 17... 👀

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Hey.....Did we ever settle on our Over/under bet? 

And holy crap, I don't think we did! I bookmarked it but I think the new emojis distracted us from agreeing on a line, LOLOLOL.

I'm still good with 24.5 if we're going to use our sack total of 25 from last year as the baseline. :)

10 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

I'm only teasing, I don't have any ill will towards Foxworthy. He's a good dude, haha. I'm ashamed to admit it but I caught a couple of his specials a few times or 17... 👀

And holy crap, I don't think we did! I bookmarked it but I think the new emojis distracted us from agreeing on a line, LOLOLOL.

I'm still good with 24.5 if we're going to use our sack total of 25 from last year as the baseline. :)

Done!

Hopefully, my falcons get half of them. 

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/video/highlight-falcons-double-team-drew-brees-for-sack

5 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

We can really tell you don't really care about Mercedes-Benz dumping that dump from the 2 page essay that you wrote. You really must be from saintsreport, really sounds like the **** they they tell each other in that echochamber.

If the superdump could have survived without a sponser, they wouldn't have taken the money and now they got dumped for a rival's better stadium. Now all of a sudden Mercedes-Benz is a ****ty company right? :lol:

No one in their right mind is going to build a good stadium in that city and nameless dome isn't going to be relevant in less than 10 years.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Vandy said:

They better eat their Cheerios those mornings! :D

And wonderful! So 24 sacks or less and I'll be the victor, 25 or more and you'll be victorious. B)

41 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

We can really tell you don't really care about Mercedes-Benz dumping that dump from the 2 page essay that you wrote. You really must be from saintsreport, really sounds like the **** they they tell each other in that echochamber.

If the superdump could have survived without a sponser, they wouldn't have taken the money and now they got dumped for a rival's better stadium. Now all of a sudden Mercedes-Benz is a ****ty company right? :lol:

No one in their right mind is going to build a good stadium in that city and nameless dome isn't going to be relevant in less than 10 years.

Nowhere did I say Mercedes-Benz is a ****ty company, quite the opposite in fact, but you didn't pick that up due to your poor reading comprehension where I stated and I quote, "enjoy y'all corporate sponsor, it's definitely a good one." Well that and you apparently think 2 pages is long, LOLOL. Besides my posts, the longest thing you've probably tried to read in your life is the back of a cereal box. You're out of your element, friend. ;)

And obviously it has lasted just fine without a naming sponsor, unlike another certain unnamed dome in Georgia that barely made it to its 26th birthday before getting demolished. 7 Super Bowls in that "dump" (will make it 8 in 2024) and the NFL keeps coming back for more. I'd bet Mercedes-Benz Stadium doesn't even get to 4, which would be two more than that previously aforementioned unnamed dome had.

I guess Mercedes-Benz Stadium has what? Another ~23 years before Blank wants to knock it down too and put another mall in its place? Hopefully the MARTA bus doesn't botch the demolition of that one too. :lol:

Edited by Iron Saint

14 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

They better eat their Cheerios those mornings! :D

Nowhere did I say Mercedes-Benz is a ****ty company, quite the opposite in fact, but you didn't pick that up due to your poor reading comprehension where I stated and I quote, "enjoy y'all corporate sponsor, it's definitely a good one." Well that and you apparently think 2 pages is long, LOLOL. Besides my posts, the longest thing you've probably tried to read in your life is the back of a cereal box. You're out of your element, friend. ;)

And obviously it has lasted just fine without a naming sponsor, unlike another certain unnamed dome in Georgia that barely made it to its 26th birthday before getting demolished. 7 Super Bowls in that "dump" (will make it 8 in 2024) and the NFL keeps coming back for more. I'd bet Mercedes-Benz Stadium doesn't even get to 4, which would be two more than that previously aforementioned unnamed dome had.

I guess Mercedes-Benz Stadium has what? Another 23 years before Blank wants to knock it down too and put another mall in its place? Hopefully the MARTA bus doesn't botch the demolition of that one too. :lol:

Go look at your favorite teams forum where all of a sudden no one cared for Mercedes-Benz or Mercedes-Benz is just looking to back the better stadium because of the SEC games :lol: good ****

I've written papers longer than anything academic you've written together in your whole life combined, so let's not go there.

You think unnamed dome will continue surviving without selling out to a sponsor again? Will any successful company even want their name attached to a rustbucket? Do you think they can host a SB without embarassing themselves on the international stage by falling apart again?

Keep hoping a brand new stadium isn't here to stay:rolleyes: Do people in Louisiana really think MARTA staying in front of a weatherchannel camera is some kind of insult to Falcons fans? Lol WTH..

4 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

This isn't actually new information as a poster previously pointed out.

But despite what the facade on the building said, it was never the "Mercedes-Benz Superdome" anyway. It always has, and always will be simply, "the Superdome". Much like Lambeau Field, Soldier Field, and Arrowhead, the Superdome doesn't need any corporate naming rights because it's already cultivated its own identity through its longevity. Mercedes-Benz has no use in retaining the name rights to both venues in the same division when one is colloquially referred to as something else anyway.

Mercedes-Benz Stadium however, due to its relatively new status and cookie cutter design, has never had another name and has no identity of its own. That's the easy, and smart, route to go for Mercedes-Benz because even when decide to not renew their naming rights on Mercedes-Benz Stadium in whatever year and another corporation assumes its spot, people will still more than likely call it "Mercedes Benz Stadium" and as a corporation, that's what you want: brand recognition. Same reason Microsoft gets bent out of shape when broadcasters call the on-field Surface tablets "iPads". Mercedes-Benz will never get that with the Superdome even if they stay another 20-30 years. So please, go ahead and enjoy y'all corporate sponsor, it's definitely a good one. Just remember we still had it first. 😜

So much like every dome stadium that has come before it, the Superdome name will outlast any corporate naming they try to stick in front of or behind it. The Superdome went its first 36 years of existence without any corporate naming entity, it can easily go another 36+ years without one too and we're fine with that. There's a reason that every fan base that has a heavy presence traveling goes and circles the "@Saints" game on their calendar when the schedule comes out and it isn't because of the name on the side of the building. They drop big money on game tickets and hotels to come to that game because of the atmosphere, something that can't be bought.

P.S. And are these really the best name puns y'all can come up with? I assumed y'all were a more creative bunch than this, but y'all still tossing out the same stale jokes from the early-2000's. Then again I shouldn't be too surprised considering this is a state that made Jeff Foxworthy into a multi-millionaire. :lol:

We don't have to come up with anything BETTER for that stench of a place. Any name posted on this thread for it will suffice enough.

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

By “they” I assume you mean Ruiz, Peat, Armstead et al? :ninja:

Cheeky *******! 😏

4 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Go look at your favorite teams forum where all of a sudden no one cared for Mercedes-Benz or Mercedes-Benz is just looking to back the better stadium because of the SEC games :lol: good ****

I've written papers longer than anything academic you've written together in your whole life combined, so let's not go there.

You think unnamed dome will continue surviving without selling out to a sponsor again? Will any successful company even want their name attached to a rustbucket? Do you think they can host a SB without embarassing themselves on the international stage by falling apart again?

Keep hoping a brand new stadium isn't here to stay:rolleyes: Do people in Louisiana really think MARTA staying in front of a weatherchannel camera is some kind of insult to Falcons fans? Lol WTH..

LMAO, suuuuuure you have, friend. You’re the one crying about “tWo PaGeS iS tO mUcH tO rEaD!” Go sit down while the adults are talking. :lol:

I’m not sure why you’re so caught up about what name is on the side of the building. We’ll still beat you here, we’ll beat you there, we’ll beat you everywhere. I figure you’d like some Dr. Seuss. 😉

2 hours ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

We don't have to come up with anything BETTER for that stench of a place. Any name posted on this thread for it will suffice enough.

Complacency seems to be a running theme in the Falcons organization, from the owner all the way down to the message boards I see. 😋

34 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

You’re the one crying about “tWo PaGeS iS tO mUcH tO rEaD!” Go sit down while the adults are . 

🥱 we can all see who can't read since I never said that. New Orleans educational system at it again so I won't fault you. I guess the schools were on the side of the city still left behind unbuilt from Katrina.

keep coming back here when you want to speak to some adults. Was fun seeing you disappear a couple days after Brees and Tweety thomas couldn't even score a touchdown against a non playoff team in that stadium😉

11 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Or what?

Don't make me file a law suit on you. :lol:

1.The new cussword robot changed what I actually wrote to you.

2. I love the courtroom. That's where I shine! 

3. New Orleans smells like human feces, urine, vomit and trash. That hubcap your garbage city called a dome, hosted more rapes and murders in 1 month than a prison dorm in the '70s.

You know why MB leaving? Because your city CANNOT build a new billion dollar arena. Thank you Katrina!! A new stadium will be in another city. You KNOW what that means.

So, laugh it up while you can, but your hurricane tent-wheelchair robot kicker-rape chamber-outhouse-morgue-hospital dumpster and murder shrine to a piece of **** city has just let out it's death rattle. I'm so excited!!!!!

1 hour ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

3. New Orleans smells like human feces, urine, vomit and trash. That hubcap your garbage city called a dome, hosted more rapes and murders in 1 month than a prison dorm in the '70s.

You know why MB leaving? Because your city CANNOT build a new billion dollar arena. Thank you Katrina!! A new stadium will be in another city. You KNOW what that means.

So, laugh it up while you can, but your hurricane tent-wheelchair robot kicker-rape chamber-outhouse-morgue-hospital dumpster and murder shrine to a piece of **** city has just let out it's death rattle. I'm so excited!!!!!

Ouch, tell us how you really feel 😬

19 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Toilet bowl fits. It's not a coincidence the state of Louisiana looks like a toilet. 

You must have been held back in kindergarten because you don’t know your shapes. Do you also piss in your boots?? 
🙄🙄🙄

1 hour ago, Bagofbones64 said:

You must have been held back in kindergarten because you don’t know your shapes. Do you also piss in your boots?? 
🙄🙄🙄

Y'all WANT it to look like a boot, just to throw everybody else off.

It's a toilet. Stop with the "boot" ****. TOILET!

515ea21df0e606764749a0fc972618c9.jpg

2 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Y'all WANT it to look like a boot, just to throw everybody else off.

It's a toilet. Stop with the "boot" ****. TOILET!

515ea21df0e606764749a0fc972618c9.jpg

No, that’s what YOU want to see. Hey, it’s cool that you hate the SAINTS but what’s the purpose of trashing the whole state? Sounds pretty childish to me. 

1 minute ago, Bagofbones64 said:

No, that’s what YOU want to see. Hey, it’s cool that you hate the SAINTS but what’s the purpose of trashing the whole state? Sounds pretty childish to me. 

Nobody like Louisiana except for people in Louisiana. 70% of them are trying to leave.

19 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

the SuperDUMP doesn't need any corporate naming rights because it's already cultivated its own identity

Fixed it for ya. 

16 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

🥱 we can all see who can't read since I never said that. New Orleans educational system at it again so I won't fault you. I guess the schools were on the side of the city still left behind unbuilt from Katrina.

keep coming back here when you want to speak to some adults. Was fun seeing you disappear a couple days after Brees and Tweety thomas couldn't even score a touchdown against a non playoff team in that stadium😉

Yeah, it's definitely you that can't read because I didn't "disappear a couple days" after the first game, I was posting here that night. If you don't believe me...

Example 1, Example 2, Example 3, Example 4

4 posts in 4 different threads between 2:35 a.m. and 3:36 a.m. after the game so before you try to get all about the semantics of "tHoSe PoStS aRe FrOm nOvEmBeR 11tH tHo!" It was still "today" for me since I hadn't gone to bed yet that night. ;)

And for comparison, I only posted twice after we dragged y'all 3 weeks later on Thanksgiving.

But please continue living in your delusional fantasy land where facts don't exist because you truly are as clueless as your posting history suggests. Bless your heart, child.

12 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Why would we need a new stadium when we come throw our feet up on your couch whenever we want? And watch y'all do absolutely nothing about it.

giphy.gif

We have a new stadium, it's at 1 AMB Dr NW, Atlanta, GA 30313. :lol:

10 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Ouch, tell us how you really feel 😬

He was hurt as a child. He's still grieving.

5 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Nobody like Louisiana except for people in Louisiana. 70% of them are trying to leave.

OHHHHHHHHHH, you actually think Tom Segura is funny. That explains a whole lot about your intelligence. I apologize for making fun of you, it's not nice to pick on the developmentally delayed.

I'll leave you to watch your Jeff Dunham specials again. :)

15 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Why would we need a new stadium when we come throw our feet up on your couch whenever we want? And watch y'all do absolutely nothing about it.

giphy.gif

We have a new stadium, it's at 1 AMB Dr NW, Atlanta, GA 30313. :lol:

He was hurt as a child. He's still grieving.

OHHHHHHHHHH, you actually think Tom Segura is funny. That explains a whole lot about your intelligence. I apologize for making fun of you, it's not nice to pick on the developmentally delayed.

I'll leave you to watch your Jeff Dunham specials again. :)

Oh! You thought I was talking about sports!? 🤣🤣