Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hard2BaBirdWachr

Mercedes Benz will not renew naming rights for Aints Garbage Dome

39 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Since the lights went out and delayed the Super Bowl the last time it was played there, I think they should call it the Coleman Lantern Dome.

No way the lights going out could be a coincidence 

Only visit to New Orleans was a work trip, and the city workers were on strike. Trash was piled up 20 feet high in places on Bourbon Street, but business was as usual from what I was told. Trying to find words for the experience, but toilet may be most appropriate.

30 minutes ago, EuroFalcon said:

Euro-centric joke but I think the Bounty Dome would just be perfect.

For refrence; this is a bounty bar:bounty.jpg

well, a roll of bounty paper towels could work too though, might have a better meaning since they can be used to dry up all those tears they shed for EVERY flag thrown against them, and then any time they play the Vikings.....  

:mmmhmm:

46 minutes ago, EuroFalcon said:

Euro-centric joke but I think the Bounty Dome would just be perfect.

For refrence; this is a bounty bar:bounty.jpg

There's a reason blockbuster comedies don't fly out of Europe I guess. My American mind doesn't get it lol. Is it the billowy coconut fluff?? Help me solve this Euro-riddle 

2 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

There's a reason blockbuster comedies don't fly out of Europe I guess. My American mind doesn't get it lol. Is it the billowy coconut fluff?? Help me solve this Euro-riddle 

It's a refrence by name to Bountygate. Since I don't think Bounty is being sold in the US I added a picture of said product.

This isn't actually new information as a poster previously pointed out.

But despite what the facade on the building said, it was never the "Mercedes-Benz Superdome" anyway. It always has, and always will be simply, "the Superdome". Much like Lambeau Field, Soldier Field, and Arrowhead, the Superdome doesn't need any corporate naming rights because it's already cultivated its own identity through its longevity. Mercedes-Benz has no use in retaining the name rights to both venues in the same division when one is colloquially referred to as something else anyway.

Mercedes-Benz Stadium however, due to its relatively new status and cookie cutter design, has never had another name and has no identity of its own. That's the easy, and smart, route to go for Mercedes-Benz because even when decide to not renew their naming rights on Mercedes-Benz Stadium in whatever year and another corporation assumes its spot, people will still more than likely call it "Mercedes Benz Stadium" and as a corporation, that's what you want: brand recognition. Same reason Microsoft gets bent out of shape when broadcasters call the on-field Surface tablets "iPads". Mercedes-Benz will never get that with the Superdome even if they stay another 20-30 years. So please, go ahead and enjoy y'all corporate sponsor, it's definitely a good one. Just remember we still had it first. 😜

So much like every dome stadium that has come before it, the Superdome name will outlast any corporate naming they try to stick in front of or behind it. The Superdome went its first 36 years of existence without any corporate naming entity, it can easily go another 36+ years without one too and we're fine with that. There's a reason that every fan base that has a heavy presence traveling goes and circles the "@Saints" game on their calendar when the schedule comes out and it isn't because of the name on the side of the building. They drop big money on game tickets and hotels to come to that game because of the atmosphere, something that can't be bought.

P.S. And are these really the best name puns y'all can come up with? I assumed y'all were a more creative bunch than this, but y'all still tossing out the same stale jokes from the early-2000's. Then again I shouldn't be too surprised considering this is a state that made Jeff Foxworthy into a multi-millionaire. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

But despite what the facade on the building said, it was never the "Mercedes-Benz Superdome" anyway. It always has, and always will be simply, "the Superdome". Much like Lambeau Field, Soldier Field, and Arrowhead, the Superdome doesn't need any corporate naming rights because it's already cultivated its own identity through its longevity. Mercedes-Benz has no use in retaining the name rights to both venues in the same division when one is colloquially referred to as something else anyway.

Mercedes-Benz Stadium however, due to its relatively new status and cookie cutter design, has never had another name and has no identity of its own. That's the easy, and smart, route to go for Mercedes-Benz because even when decide to not renew their naming rights on Mercedes-Benz Stadium in whatever year and another corporation assumes its spot, people will still more than likely call it "Mercedes Benz Stadium" and as a corporation, that's what you want: brand recognition. Same reason Microsoft gets bent out of shape when broadcasters call the on-field Surface tablets "iPads". Mercedes-Benz will never get that with the Superdome even if they stay another 20-30 years. So please, go ahead and enjoy y'all corporate sponsor, it's definitely a good one. Just remember we still had it first. 😜

So much like every dome stadium that has come before it, the Superdome name will outlast any corporate naming they try to stick in front of or behind it. The Superdome went its first 36 years of existence without any corporate naming entity, it can easily go another 36+ years without one too and we're fine with that. There's a reason that every fan base that has a heavy presence traveling goes and circles the "@Saints" game on their calendar when the schedule comes out and it isn't because of the name on the side of the building. They drop big money on game tickets and hotels to come to that game because of the atmosphere, something that can't be bought.

P.S. And are these really the best name puns y'all can come up with? I assumed y'all were a more creative bunch than this, but y'all still tossing out the same stale jokes from the early-2000's. Then again I shouldn't be too surprised considering this is a state that made Jeff Foxworthy into a multi-millionaire. :lol:

You're way too smart to be a Saints fan! If you have all of your teeth, we'd really like you on our side!

14 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

We’ll keep Foxworthy. You guys can keep brangelina. 🤪

41 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Shut up.

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

Did that troll call MBS "cookie-cutter"? That's cute.

I mean it is. It looks just like every mall I've ever gone to. 🤷‍♂️

And it's quiet like the Sears stores in those malls too. 😴

Also, you can quote me next time, I don't bite... unless you ask me to. 😉

43 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

You're way too smart to be a Saints fan! If you have all of your teeth, we'd really like you on our side!

All of 'em but my top wisdom teeth, but nah. I enjoy terrorizing y'all far too much to join y'all side. :lol:

38 minutes ago, Vandy said:

We’ll keep Foxworthy. You guys can keep brangelina. 🤪

Well even though they had a home here, neither are technically from here, but we accept them since they're great philanthropists. 😁

Also I really enjoyed that article, thanks for sharing.

:tiphat:

31 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

The " Pimp my Ride ",  Stadium Edition...

And speaking of outdated 2000's references, Jesus H. Christ. I wonder how Xzibit is doing these days. I hope he saved his money.

13 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Shut up.

Or what?

Don't make me file a law suit on you. :lol:

Edited by Iron Saint

10 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Well even though they had a home here, neither are technically from here, but we accept them since they're great philanthropists. 😁

Doubt it’s anywhere close to Foxworthy’s, at least in actual devoted time spent. 

you should check out his philanthropy work with CURE Childhood Cancer and Camp Sunshine. As well as his work with the homeless.